Acquire the Erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nemo1887
x4

Re: Acquire the Erlking?

Post by nemo1887 » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 07:02

Berhg wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 21:38
nemo1887 wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 20:02
Berhg wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 17:06

This one? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... tab=images by jamesdehunter?
YES!
I don't know how to modify it as I think you are suggesting. Could you upload a version of it for us?
replace>

<find_object name="$dataVaults" exact="" space="player.galaxy" multiple="true">
<match_any>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_vault_01_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_vault_02_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_vault_03_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_vault_04_macro"/>
</match_any>
</find_object>

To>

<match_any>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_erlking_vault_02_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_erlking_vault_03_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_erlking_vault_04_macro"/>
<match macro="macro.landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro"/>
</match_any>
</find_object>

Arvel
x4

Post by Arvel » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 07:08

I found 3 out of 5 vaults, "legitimately," with an expanding grid of advanced satellites. Eventually game started getting so laggy from satellites in those sectors that I cheated and got the locations for the last two from the save file. One was right where I expected it to be, but the last one was nowhere to be found. I'm out.
Rune Factory 5 just released, so I'll go spend a few weeks on a farm to calm down.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 07:41

nemo1887 wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 07:02
Berhg wrote:
nemo1887 wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 20:02

YES!
I don't know how to modify it as I think you are suggesting. Could you upload a version of it for us?
replace>

<match_any>
</match_any>
</find_object>

To>

<match_any>
</match_any>
</find_object>
Change the base mod's cat or dat files in this way?
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

quase
x4

Post by quase » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 10:18

Berhg wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 07:41
nemo1887 wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 07:02
Berhg wrote:

replace>

<match_any>
</match_any>
</find_object>

To>

<match_any>
</match_any>
</find_object>
Change the base mod's cat or dat files in this way?
I am desparate. This is a horrible way to grind! No scanner signals for these vaults and you have to monitor your ships all the time cruising around because the vaults vanish from the radar when not in sight. I spent 3 days now searching for the last two remaining vaults.

I tried this, but it did not work. The questions is if find_object name="$dataVaults" is searching the right thing? And if not, what should "find object" search for instead?

Anyway
I found the first 3 Vaults with Engine, Main Weapon and Shields in the following places:
erlking_vault_01_macro should have been the main weapon which I found as a second vault
<position x="15426.699" y="-6932.511" z="311.887"/>
<rotation yaw="152.27461"/>
zone002_cluster_500_sector001 = should be Avarice I where I found it at around half way between the gates in X and then +z around 400 km to the north?

erlking_vault_03_macro >> should have been the engine which I found first
<position x="20480.742" y="4286.334" z="16676.742"/>
<rotation yaw="-36.05251"/>
zone002_cluster_500_sector003 = should be Avarice IV right next to the gateway to Avarice I?

erlking_vault_02_macro gefunden Schild
blueprints="shield_pir_xl_battleship_01_standard_01_mk1
<position x="36582.359" y="-6842.043" z="-2408.473"/>
<rotation yaw="130.08957"/>
zone002_cluster_501_sector001 = should be Windfall I next to the gate to "Stiller Zeuge".

Now according to my savefile the other two don't have a position right next them, but "tempzone" above it with the following information:
x="368722.875" y="450.168" z="-317629.188"/>
erlking_vault_04_macro
turret_pir_l_battleship_01_laser_01_mk1
zone001_cluster_500_sector001 = Avarice I again?
Soo this one should be in the same sector then 01_macro which should have been the main weapon. The coordinates make not much sense when you don't know the origin of the coordinates though, but with the other one in Avarice 1 it should be to the south-east (+x, -z). Have not found it anywhere yet though.

The last one is, also a "tempzone":
x="375522.781" y="-9482.847" z="-226786.484"/>
erlking_vault_05_macro
blueprints="turret_pir_m_battleship_01_gatling_02_mk1
zone003_cluster_502_sector001 = should be Windfall III?

I have put a whole satelite field in this system which covers the space of the gas-distribution. I regular square field of approximately or so 2000x2000 km it seems. The ship scanners don't work outside of this box!

I have the feeling the Vaults are not in the game although I am on 5.0 HF3 now. The mod does not work. Time for Ego to fix this!!!

**Edit**
I found another one in Avarice I now. Reasonably near the corrdinates to be expected from extrapolation of the other one found in the sector. I wonder why I did not see it earlier when cruising around there before many times. I should not have spread my attention to two sectors it seems. The last one which should be in Windfall III is nowhere to be found yet, but it motivates me to continue searching. Although, the system is already covered by satelites all over.

**Edit_2**
Heureka! I found the last one, spamming more satelites to Windfall III. With a better accuracy of the extrapolation of distances from the other one, I could narrow down the area to search and there it was in a blind spot of the satelite grid! Unfortunate!

Now it's time to blow up some Xenon with the Erlking! :-D
Last edited by quase on Wed, 23. Mar 22, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Someday, somewhere, today's empires are tomorrow's ashes.

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 11:18

quase wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 10:18
Soo this one should be in the same sector then 01_macro which should have been the main weapon. The coordinates make not much sense when you don't know the origin of the coordinates though, but with the other one in Avarice 1 it should be to the south-east (+x, -z). Have not found it anywhere yet though.
Once again, you don't need the origin when you know the place and the coordinates of any other known object in the sector.
If you use that, you will go straight to the vault you are looking for.

EDIT : glad you found it !

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 12:47

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 00:52
Part of me is wondering why the research aspect of the Erlking was scrapped for these data vaults. It could have been pretty cool to have a mini storyline for each part.
Less work, too small budget, who knows but making small quest yeah, it could do the work.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:04

Ok Gentlements, instead of ridicoulous method, provided by Egosoft, here is a quick workaround to easy find all Erlking's Data Vaults:

Step 1. Temporarily turn off Steam Cloud sync in Steam properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 2. Temporarily turn off savegame compression in X4 game properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 3. Save your game in any slot, copy it somewhere for insurance. Quit the game.
Step 4. Download and install Notepad++ (if you didnt have it yet) or other more powerful XML edit program.
Step 5. Find and open with Notepad++ your savegame file. Usually it is located here - C:\Users\YOURNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Egosoft\X4\68221126\save
Step 6. Now sequentially find and fix all 5 strings with Erlking Vaults locations, to do so:
A. ctrl+F - find "landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro". The first string shall be like this:
<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" connection="space" code="BXD-821" owner="ownerless" knownto="player" id="[0x81bda]">
B. REPLACE in this string owner="ownerless" to owner="player"
C. Repeat the same operation with all subsequent strings from macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" to macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro", where you should find and replace the owner for all numbers of vault_01, vault_02, etc.
Step 7. Dont forget to save the edited file. Then run the X4 game, load your edited savegame file.
Step 8. Open the map, position the view over new Avarice and Windfall sectors and type in the Search box (right upper corner of window) the word "data"
Step 9. PROFIT! All blueprints shall be added to you right after you fly near data vaults that deemed now as your property.

Yes this surgical operation shall mark your savegame as modified. I suppose the game verify a checksum. In that case consider to have two saves in different slots and simply remember or take a screenshot of vaults positions, then load clean save after and find them manually in all already known locations.
Last edited by Mikhaleech on Wed, 23. Mar 22, 19:35, edited 2 times in total.

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:35

Mikhaleech wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:04
[...]
Quite an efficient way to solve this problem.
This will mark your save as "modified" however.

Tartaros_exe
x4

Post by Tartaros_exe » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:55

Mikhaleech wrote:
Ok Gentlements, instead of ridicoulous method, provided by Egosoft, here is a quick workaround to easy find all Erlking's Data Vaults:
Wow, that worked flawlessly, thank you!
I tried a lot of weird stuff and wasted a lot of hours without success.
Mikhaleech wrote:
A. ctrl+F - find "landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro". The first string shall be like this:
<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" connection="space" code="BXD-821" owner="ownerless" knownto="player" id="[0x81bda]">
I had to add owner="player" knownto="player" to the string, because it was missing in the file

I also recommend to make a screenshot of the positions and load the old unmodified save, because messing with the save file will mark it as modified :!:

Notepad++ didn't work for me because of the file size (stupid programm can't even process 26 mil. lines of data :D ), TextPad 8 worked without an issue.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 20:12

Mikhaleech wrote:
After 2 days of doing nothing else [in the evening] then charting the sectors with more advanced satellites then I ever posessed in X4 I finally gave up as well :( Thanks for sharing the macro name :)
Tartaros_exe wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:55
Notepad++ didn't work for me because of the file size (stupid programm can't even process 26 mil. lines of data :D ), TextPad 8 worked without an issue.
VSCodium is also a good way to parse & save those huge files fast.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 20:18

Best Text Editor imho for handling very large files like X4 saves is Sublime Text ..

https://www.sublimetext.com/

Some things take a little getting used to (like if you want to compare the diff between two text files), but a lot of it is familiar if you have used Notepad ++
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 20:29

Mikhaleech wrote:

Step 1. Temporarily turn off Steam Cloud sync in Steam properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 2. Temporarily turn off savegame compression in X4 game properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 3. Save your game in any slot, copy it somewhere for insurance. Quit the game.
Step 4. Download and install Notepad++ (if you didnt have it yet) or other more powerful XML edit program.
Step 5. Find and open with Notepad++ your savegame file. Usually it is located here - C:\Users\YOURNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Egosoft\X4\68221126\save
Step 6. Now sequentially find and fix all 5 strings with Erlking Vaults locations, to do so:
C. Repeat the same operation with all subsequent strings from macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" to macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro", where you should find and replace the owner for all numbers of vault_01, vault_02, etc.
Step 7. Dont forget to save the edited file. Then run the X4 game, load your edited savegame file.
Step 8. Open the map, position the view over new Avarice and Windfall sectors and type in the Search box (right upper corner of window) the word "data"
Step 9. PROFIT! All blueprints shall be added to you right after you fly near data vaults that deemed now as your property.

Yes this surgical operation shall mark your savegame as modified. I suppose the game verify a checksum. In that case consider to have two saves in different slots and simply remember or take a screenshot of vaults positions, then load clean save after and find them manually in all already known locations.

at the beginning of x4, I did the same thing to track the abandoned ships! lol, to keep my backup not "modified"

PainGod85
x4

Post by PainGod85 » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 00:27

I attempted to find the vaults with a modified version of DataVaultExplorer. Which worked for 3 of the 4 vaults I was still missing. That last one with the medium turret blueprint, though...I don't know where the hell it is, but it sure ain't in the same universe as me.

Trying to get back into that unconnected sector to see if maybe it spawned in there...
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
[ external image ]

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 05:35

Mikhaleech wrote:

thx bro. i cleared all 6 sectors of the fog and only found 2. took me hours. even a masochist wouldn't have endure as much as i did today. lol. i am not complaining however cause i know it's an end game ship with one of a kind weapons that totally should be hard to get. i mean can go get free ships, sell them and get a cheap shuyaku and have an Asgard in 30 mins. should make that harder too but even stubborn people like me have limits. very thankful for this "workaround" kudos. ( my cleared sectors so nobody thinks i was lying, lol.)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 24. Mar 22, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Overallghost
x4

Post by Overallghost » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 05:58

Best way I have found to find these is to take a fast ship. Im using the Astrid. And set way points in a square pattern going in toward the center. Let the pilot fly the way points and just keep an eye on the map. Im also having a second ship deploy sats when I see them. found 2 in 15 mins or so this way

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 06:36

Overallghost wrote:
Thu, 24. Mar 22, 05:58
Best way I have found to find these is to take a fast ship. Im using the Astrid. And set way points in a square pattern going in toward the center. Let the pilot fly the way points and just keep an eye on the map. Im also having a second ship deploy sats when I see them. found 2 in 15 mins or so this way
you got lucky. i did all that you did in a near 10k travel drive pegasus vanguard. 8k reg plus upgrade.. still took hours to find only 2. the game is randomly placing them in the sectors and each game is different. i didn't find any on other places other people found them. sometimes they are off the regular size too. had one very high and 2 right off the screen and had to expand the zone. they could be anywhere. smh.

Overallghost
x4

Post by Overallghost » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 06:54

Hawkseyez wrote:
Thu, 24. Mar 22, 06:36
Overallghost wrote:
Thu, 24. Mar 22, 05:58
you got lucky. i did all that you did in a near 10k travel drive pegasus vanguard. 8k reg plus upgrade.. still took hours to find only 2. the game is randomly placing them in the sectors and each game is different. i didn't find any on other places other people found them. sometimes they are off the regular size too. had one very high and 2 right off the screen and had to expand the zone. they could be anywhere. smh.
That sounds rough. Ngl though I found the others since I posted this though. Good luck out there though :/

Overallghost
x4

Post by Overallghost » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 07:02

Would be a nice quality of life thing for this part of the game though if there was an option to have your ships notify you if they find a data vault. Just like they do with ships and lockboxes Or if they didnt disappear when they are out of radar range like stations and lockboxes

PainGod85
x4

Post by PainGod85 » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 13:12

I finally caved and edited the savegame. That last vault did indeed exist, just nowhere near any stations or gates. I would never have found it - or cared to even look - if not for the edited savegame.

So yeah, it's not a bug, it's a feature, after all. I just wonder in whose mind...
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
[ external image ]

Tenoso
x4

Post by Tenoso » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 17:04

Mikhaleech wrote:

You are the best got all blueprints now. But you should make a backup of the savegame beforehand and then insert it again. Then you have no more modified in the game. :D

Does anyone have any idea how I can get to the energy core? It says something about research but Boso doesn't give me any.
Ryzen 5800x3d
Asus X570-E Gaming
Nivida Palit RTX 4080
32 RAM 3600 Mhz
2 TB M2 SSD

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”