Spacesuit Oxygen and time was bugging me... so...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Spacesuit Oxygen and time was bugging me... so...

Post by Socratatus » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 09:54

I tested it.
I hated worrying how much air I had left with no gauge or anything to indicate so i decided to test it. I thought it was 10 minutes.

To my surprise it`s 30 minutes. Which is a good time.

There is no indication that something is wrong until the 25 minute mark when you start sounding like you`re getting out of breath.
So guys, if you want to go on a spacewalk you`re pretty safe, but take a Timer Watch with you and don`t try going from one far place to another far place- you`ll still die.

There should really be warnings though. Who makes a space suit with no warning for low air? What society would purchase such a product? It makes no sense... unless the Devs simply didn`t have time to incorporate it yet.

I`d say have an alert at 15 minutes, then one at 20 minutes and finally one at the 5 minute point at the least. There should also be a gauge of some kind.

At least we have plenty of time.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

LennStar
x4

Re: Spacesuit Oxygen and time was bugging me... so...

Post by LennStar » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 13:49

Socratatus wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 09:54
I tested it.
I hated worrying how much air I had left with no gauge or anything to indicate so i decided to test it. I thought it was 10 minutes.

To my surprise it`s 30 minutes. Which is a good time.

There is no indication that something is wrong until the 25 minute mark when you start sounding like you`re getting out of breath.
So guys, if you want to go on a spacewalk you`re pretty safe, but take a Timer Watch with you and don`t try going from one far place to another far place- you`ll still die.

There should really be warnings though. Who makes a space suit with no warning for low air? What society would purchase such a product? It makes no sense... unless the Devs simply didn`t have time to incorporate it yet.

I`d say have an alert at 15 minutes, then one at 20 minutes and finally one at the 5 minute point at the least. There should also be a gauge of some kind.

At least we have plenty of time.
It's a galaxy-wide contract from a Teladi producer. Don't ask how it came to that...
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:06

Oh wow thanks for this. I was about to sit on an asteroid enjoying the view in the middle of nowhere while my ship went off to do some boring work.... guess I won't be doing that then :D

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:20

Lord Crc wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:06
Oh wow thanks for this. I was about to sit on an asteroid enjoying the view in the middle of nowhere while my ship went off to do some boring work.... guess I won't be doing that then :D
Reminds me of that Heineken commercial picture where the astronaut is holding his beer while relaxing on the moon with Earth setting in the horizon.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:22

Wait, what?

Space Suit has a limited air supply?

And it's only 30 minutes?

That's news.

maniac_uk69
x4

Post by maniac_uk69 » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 18:27

Thanks for confirming the time. I'll set a timer next time I EVA

Shy'la Nesthorn

Post by Shy'la Nesthorn » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 18:32

Huh, I assumed it was unlimited, didn't realize it was limited.

Return to “X4: Foundations”