Spacesuit Oxygen and time was bugging me... so...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Spacesuit Oxygen and time was bugging me... so...

Post by Socratatus » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 09:54

I tested it.
I hated worrying how much air I had left with no gauge or anything to indicate so i decided to test it. I thought it was 10 minutes.

To my surprise it`s 30 minutes. Which is a good time.

There is no indication that something is wrong until the 25 minute mark when you start sounding like you`re getting out of breath.
So guys, if you want to go on a spacewalk you`re pretty safe, but take a Timer Watch with you and don`t try going from one far place to another far place- you`ll still die.

There should really be warnings though. Who makes a space suit with no warning for low air? What society would purchase such a product? It makes no sense... unless the Devs simply didn`t have time to incorporate it yet.

I`d say have an alert at 15 minutes, then one at 20 minutes and finally one at the 5 minute point at the least. There should also be a gauge of some kind.

At least we have plenty of time.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

LennStar
x4

Re: Spacesuit Oxygen and time was bugging me... so...

Post by LennStar » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 13:49

Socratatus wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 09:54
I tested it.
I hated worrying how much air I had left with no gauge or anything to indicate so i decided to test it. I thought it was 10 minutes.

To my surprise it`s 30 minutes. Which is a good time.

There is no indication that something is wrong until the 25 minute mark when you start sounding like you`re getting out of breath.
So guys, if you want to go on a spacewalk you`re pretty safe, but take a Timer Watch with you and don`t try going from one far place to another far place- you`ll still die.

There should really be warnings though. Who makes a space suit with no warning for low air? What society would purchase such a product? It makes no sense... unless the Devs simply didn`t have time to incorporate it yet.

I`d say have an alert at 15 minutes, then one at 20 minutes and finally one at the 5 minute point at the least. There should also be a gauge of some kind.

At least we have plenty of time.
It's a galaxy-wide contract from a Teladi producer. Don't ask how it came to that...
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:06

Oh wow thanks for this. I was about to sit on an asteroid enjoying the view in the middle of nowhere while my ship went off to do some boring work.... guess I won't be doing that then :D

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:20

Lord Crc wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:06
Oh wow thanks for this. I was about to sit on an asteroid enjoying the view in the middle of nowhere while my ship went off to do some boring work.... guess I won't be doing that then :D
Reminds me of that Heineken commercial picture where the astronaut is holding his beer while relaxing on the moon with Earth setting in the horizon.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:22

Wait, what?

Space Suit has a limited air supply?

And it's only 30 minutes?

That's news.

maniac_uk69
x4

Post by maniac_uk69 » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 18:27

Thanks for confirming the time. I'll set a timer next time I EVA

Shy'la Nesthorn

Post by Shy'la Nesthorn » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 18:32

Huh, I assumed it was unlimited, didn't realize it was limited.

Return to “X4: Foundations”