New Sectors&New Ships Thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Galaxy613
x4

New Sectors&New Ships Thread

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:44

This thread will be home to questions and anwsers about making compeletly new ship slots and new sectors.

!WARNING!
These downloads should only be used by experienced modders, the type that know what they are doing and how to do it and those who can do stuff WITHOUT step by step instructions and are willing to try stuff out.

Downloads:
Patch 0.10 - Adds 200 new Ship Slots AND new weapon slots AND new missle slots - patch10.zip(252 KB)
Patch 0.14 - Whole bucket load of new stuff! Try it out! - patch14.zip(252 KB)
-- Sample Shot(Ver 0.10)[/url
OBJ Decompiler - Don't use unless you know the know! - [url=http://subsoap.com/ck/dobj09b.zip]dobj09b.zip(78 KB)

BOD map - Makes it easy to add new sector boxes - bod_map_v04.zip(36KB) [Please look at NewSectors.txt for more info!]
-- New 'Begger's Alley'
Ptch05 Pack - Updated - A simple tutorial to help you get started with Patch 0.05 - GalaPtchPck.zip
GalaxyMod - A example of both the BOD map and what Ptch0.05 can do - GalaxyMod.zip (Look for the "GalaxyMod")

Currently I working on finding the secrets of the 00749.bod file and getting new ship slots to work so I can make some documantion on how to do those things.

UPDATE!!! PATCH IS NOW VER. 10 & 14
Also added the OBJ Decompiler
Last edited by Galaxy613 on Wed, 5. Oct 05, 05:11, edited 10 times in total.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 18:00

Oh my...oh my :)

I just tried this, and must say that this is really sweet. Of course, now I have to go back and change my custom ship mods :roll:

...can't wait for the BOD map tool.

Keep up the great work :D

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 18:08

2 CKarl - please, send me a copy of English Readme textfile - I`ll send it forward to CheckerTwo and in next releases of his programm this readme will be inlcluded :)...

and, I think anyway you should find in this forum the topic about I told you yesterday - there is an info - how to change default zoom in navimap - key [b].[/b] - it is important for anyone who used a huge sized custom sectors!...
(me and CheckerTwo also intersted in this info :)...)
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 18:35

The BOD map is up now. I HAVE NOT translated the BOD Readme yet, I'll get to that later. Inside the BOD zip file there is also a 05.cat and a 05.dat, I made them so you can put them into your base X2 directory and still play other mods.

One thing I need to note is that you WILL NOT see new sectors unless they have a name given to them VIA 440001.xml.

And the translated Patch readme is inside the patch file and all you need to do is download it. :)

I'll also look into the sector zoom thing.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 19:31

I do not think I can find the as-for-mentioned Sectormap Bod post... :cry:

In other news... Take a look at these most recent screenies:
http://subsoap.com/ck/x2screen62.jpg
http://subsoap.com/ck/x2screen63.jpg
http://subsoap.com/ck/x2screen65.jpg

Yes, I DID get the AP Gunner into the game, both in the GalaxyEditor AND during playing! :D I'm writing a mini-tutorial on how to work Patch05. It's prey simple and I'll also include two Shortcuts I made so I can easily make stuff work.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 19:36

Quick message to you Ckarl, after I do a few things on my end, I'll be uploading a simple image of my galaxy map to photobucket and linking it in my Terradine thread. So when you see my next reply in Terradine, you'll have the map.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 21:19

K I'll see what I can do. And just one question, are you going to be adding any more sectors after this? Because if you don't that'll mean I can have fun and give speical Y values to the sectors and make it alot better then how the BOD currently looks. :D

I also just uploaded my Patch 0.05 Pack, it includes a text file with instructions on how to simply edit it and two shortcuts that'll help you recompile the obj files.

Ok, I just uploaded my current 'GalaxyMod', check the main post for some more info, and download it and read the readme for even more info!

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 22:09

The map as I posted it is final for Terradine. Just do me a favor, and don't put any 'telltale' gate links to the hidden unknown sectors. I don't want the players who know X2 to look at a galaxy map and KNOW there's a hidden sector linked to the mains. I want them to search around themselves.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 22:16

Ok, it might take a bit like less then 2 days but about then to get this finnished. I'm really going busy tomarrow and I need to start perparing like, right now. :oops: Hopefully all these tools I produced today will help many a people!

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 22:32

oh, good. oh, good. oh, good. oh, good.

eh, 'scuze me. i'll be out of touch for a while, if i know myself. ta!

and thank you some large, innumerable amount.

EDIT: hmm... having problems getting a new ship into the game. followed the instructions to the letter, enabled the E_M1 ship in x2story.obj and gave it a new model and a few other things. it's just not showing up in-game. have to poke around a bit more.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 23:33

I guess I'll try to make one myself too...

You might need to use the ID that the 'patch' gives you. Like if you are adding one you might need to use "SS_SH_001". I'll be trying that too. :sceptic: Yeah, I just got a so-called "Goner Scout" in, I just used the SS_SH_001 ID.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 23:55

i didn't actually add a new ship entry, i changed the "SS_SH_E_M1" ship to be an M1 class ship instead of <empty>. i assume that doing that, adding new name/description entries into 440001.xml, and adding the corresponding blank into 440002.xml, and starting a new storyline game would be how i would get the game to recognize the enabled ship, right? or did i miss a step somewhere?

regards,
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 00:27

OH... sorry. Must've read wrong some where. >.<

It's most likely to be a problem with the INI. I think to make it export correctly to a INI you have to do:
1. Edit the slot you want to change.
2. Select a different slot. This is really importent for some reason.
3. Save the file. I donno if this is needed.
4. Generate INI

Then run BOTH shortcuts. So you don't have to worry about which is which. And x2story.obj doesn't mean it's just for the story. It's for the non-editor version of the game. So if you start a new custom map it has the same setup as the storyline one.

I updated GalaPtchPck.zip with this infomation.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 00:48

making compeletly new ship slots and new sectors.

Excellent new!

Hopefully we will have a slew of new ships before long. This may be the right time to ask whether anyone has a workable suggestion for pulling all of these new bits into a single mod so they can all co-exist.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 00:50

I just added 24 slots for all my custom ships, and packaged it as a mod. No need to patch anything...works great :D

Thanks heaps to all who have worked on this. Now all I need to do is prepare the sectormap for my old cistom universe, and I can re-release everything :roll:

Ah well...gives me an excuse to stick the new Paranid M1/M2 in there as well.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 01:01

CKarl wrote:OH... sorry. Must've read wrong some where. >.<

It's most likely to be a problem with the INI. I think to make it export correctly to a INI you have to do:
1. Edit the slot you want to change.
2. Select a different slot. This is really importent for some reason.
3. Save the file. I donno if this is needed.
4. Generate INI

Then run BOTH shortcuts. So you don't have to worry about which is which. And x2story.obj doesn't mean it's just for the story. It's for the non-editor version of the game. So if you start a new custom map it has the same setup as the storyline one.

I updated GalaPtchPck.zip with this infomation.
hunh? i'm still trying to get the ship to show up in-game, period. i'm not at the INI generation or the bat file creation yet.

say, do these files need to be packaged up in the 05.dat file? because if so... i feel really, really stupid right now. let me give that a try...
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 01:08

Yes INI Generation errors would be a problem. >.< But what are you using to make .cat's and .dat's? The easyest way it to put them into a .cat+.dat in a \L\ folder inside of it. And it doesn't really need to be 05.cat/dat but that'll work. But they MUST be in a '\l\' directory INSIDE of the pack in order for you to see any changes!

Can't wait to see your mod re-modeled Deadly Da. :D

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 01:13

lol, yeah, i just got it to work, packaging them inside of a cat/dat. who would have thought :roll:

now i need to figure out what determines the maximum usable external docking ports. i can't seem to get the maximum above 5, but i swear a while ago i managed to get a much larger number of ships to show up externally. hmm...

i still don't exactly understand the purpose of the INI file and batch file; the changes appear to take place just fine inside of the obj files(which are inside of the cat/dat files) without needing to patch anything else.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 01:17

Well I'll be darned... hmmm... Maybe you don't need to run those shortcuts... It wasn't working for me before.. :? Maybe because I wasn't selecting something else before saving... Thats weird...

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 01:17

The potential in the universe is skyrocketing with every post of success.

A toast gentlemen, to a whole new frontier.

And on to business. Deadly, when things are up and running, I would love to use some of your ship models in my own Terradine and Combat Zone mods. Some of those models ROCK.

However for now, I must concentrait on finishing up the sectors, maps, and descriptions. Then I can concentrait on tweaking ships up.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”