[MOD TC/AP] Combat Mod 4 - v4.16 17/06/13 - AP 3.0 Compatibility

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

epion
x4

Post by epion » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 16:24

okok ... mea culpa ... I installed my Mods in the wrong order >.> ... ok, with 25+ cat/dat files something like this can happen xD

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 19:23

Any chance for sound update from XRM?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 31. Jul 11, 12:03

Definitely. Ill try and put something together this week. Ill also be speeding up fighter bullets like in XRM.

xtessa

Post by xtessa » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 17:28

Tried the mod and I love the new graphics and weapon effects. But I noticed some problems on a fresh x3tc installation.

Installation: X3tc 3.1 with bonus pack, bounce script, improved boarding, MARS and CMOD4.

The problem is that MARS now totally ignored some lasers it seems. When using mars debug, the debug .txt about lasers said that it detected around 42 lasers(Tlaser) or something near.. need to recheck but only like 38 valid lasers "were on a file".

One thing I noticed directly is that ion disruptor disappeared from the mars configuration menu (where you can tell the turrets what weapons it can use/not use) from my heavy centaur making it not mount the ion disruptor.

The weapon speeds are much slower than vanilla (maybe its the work of this mod? where can i get a reference over what it changes?). My heavy centaur with full load-out of phased repeater guns took 10min to kill an m3.
Using the attack shields only with mars is also broken. In vanilla the mars would always keep the target at bellow 10%. Now.. its going up to 20% only to go down to 2-3% and back to 20%.

Also noticed that the ion disruptor (when used in main slots) no longer damages equipment like the vanilla did (then again this could also be a "feature" of cmod4). A reference on what this mod changes would once again be good.

After all those complaints, I must say I love the feeling and the new effects. The FPS is also much better in big fights.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 18:26

Please update your version of MARS to the latest release. It should detect the CMOD properly then.

xtessa

Post by xtessa » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 18:49

paulwheeler wrote:Please update your version of MARS to the latest release. It should detect the CMOD properly then.
Hi, I didn't write it, but I am running mars 5.09 and it does detect the CMOD4 and is reading the correct file. Maybe the number in tlaser and "valid" lasers should not be the same? I really don't know but I found it strange.

Noticed that cmod3 had 6 or 7 different mars files that were needed, but cmod4 only has one file that needs to be overwritten. It that correct?

Installed the cmod4 as fakepatch and did every step as described on the first page.

EDIT: Some more things I noticed:

-Alpha phased photon cannon weapons are sold at the Concussion Impulse generator forges

-Phased array laser cannon forges sell only wheat while needing energy cells and crystals.

Is this normal? How could I have installed the mod wrongly as i followed it 100% on a clean install of 3.1.

The only thing I can think of is that I used all of the extra addons as well (except the SMR and cockpit ones) when installing CMOD4, that is I added cmod4 as a fakepatch and every addon after it without starting the game inbetween each fakepatch add. Could this have been the cause ?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 00:33

For the MARS issues, you should post in the MARS thread.

The APPC is sold in CIG forges as that is the weapon it replaces. Its a big of a hack job, but then its just a name. The CIG and APPC are practically identical otherwise. If it bothers you, just remove the APPC pack and go back to CIGs. This is how it was in CMOD3 as well.

The other factory issue is an installation issue on your end. It could be one of three things - a conflicting TFactories from another mod, a conflicting Warestemplate (unlikely) or you didn't install the CMODINST.xml script to your director folder before turning on the factory pack options.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 01:01

UPDATE RELEASED - v1.14
----------------------------------

This update includes a few things I tweaked for the XRM.

- All fighter bullet speeds increased to make them more effective with the reduced hit boxes.
- New sounds for several weapons.
- Missile model sizes now three quarters of vanilla rather than half (missile pack).

COMPONENTS THAT REQUIRE UPDATING:

Base CMOD4
Missile Pack

Unless anything major comes up this will probably be the final release of the CMOD4.

xtessa

Post by xtessa » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 16:37

Found out why my game behaved broken.. Seems that continuing a save game did so that i had wheat inside the new factories.. Started a new game and all works just fine !! Used the cheat package later to test everything in order to compare it to vanilla.

Now for some real feedback based on your latest update 1.14

+ Love the effects of all weapons ! No more 1-2 fps lag when khakh attack anymore :D

+ The sounds are so much better than the vanilla ones. Totally rocks.

+ Battles look more alive with all guns blazing in a split m7 tiger.

+ Thumbs up for battles lasting longer due to lowered weapon damage on certain weapons.

- The CIG's are kinda useless now.. equipped my m7 with all cigs vs a Q, and then with all FAA vs a Q and the m7 with FAA always killed the Q much faster than when CIG's were onboard. My guess is because the CIG's are slow and even if they hit, they don't damage as they did. FAA with it's awesome speed just keeps nailing all the time. (AI controlled both ships)

- OOS combat vs the khakh got harder. 5 out of 5 times I lost my split m7 loaded with CIG's to a single khakh corvette. That seemed strange and I though it was just bad luck but after 5 tests it's a fact :(

- The phased array laser cannon (the red beam) does small amounts of damage. Versus an m5 it takes like 2% of shields each time it hits, taking a minute in order to kill an m5. The FAA kills the same m5 with only one shot. Also seemed not to do any damage to targets above 1km.

- The energy management is broken. During a large xenon fight, in my m7 tiger, with all weapons firing the energy levels were always at above 90%. Firing 8 CIG's keeps the energy levels at 99% at all times. During a 2min fight with a Q, even his weapons were at all times at above 90%. In vanilla firing that long meant depletion of laser power. Tried a hyperion m6 equipped with CIG's since I have been using the vanilla ship for months, and energy levels are not going as fast as they should. My approximation is that energy levels are now as much as 5-10 times "better" than the vanilla.

Also noticed that the ion disruptor no longer damages equipment onboard. Don't know if that's a feature?

Denurk
x4

???

Post by Denurk » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 17:28

Last edited by Denurk on Sat, 10. Sep 11, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

Denurk
x4

Post by Denurk » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 11:44

Last edited by Denurk on Sat, 10. Sep 11, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 11:49

I'm sorry Denurk but those two posts (I assume its Google translators fault) are practically gibberish. I assume from the smilies that you're not happy. If you don't like it - don't use it. Simple.

Denurk
x4

Post by Denurk » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 12:00

Пишу на родном русском.У вас в моде КЛ-3 имеет класс груза ST,как собирать выпавшие и ставить на Декку?Как ловить космомух с таким ионым излучателем?Почему ионая пушка-лучевая,неужели мало лучевого оружия?У гаус пушки очень малая скорострельность,отсюда очень малый урон,кто захочет ее использовать с боеприпасами.Эффекты прекрасны,а урон от тяжелого оружия просто ужасен,особенно когда станции уничтожаешь(верфь Ксенонов например)Фотонная пушка в ванили лучше выглядит,чем в вашем моде.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 12:31

Now all I need is someone to translate it... is there anyone who can lend a hand?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 12:59

google translate to the rescue... though... this is as best as it can do...

it's Russian btw...

I am writing to you in their own fashion russkom.U TC-3 has a class load ST, how to collect the fallen and to put on Decca How to fish with such kosmomuh ionym radiator? Why ionaya ray gun, do a little beam weapons? Have a Gaussian gun is a small rate hence very little damage, who wants to use it with boepripasami.Effekty fine, but the damage of heavy weapons is terrible, especially when the station destroyed (eg Xenon shipyard) Photon Cannon in the vanilla is better than in your fashion.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 13:19

Well I can reply to the heavy weapon bit...

All weapons in cmod have had a damage reduction to make battles last longer. Its across the board so does not affect balance.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 15:40

Just out of curiosity, i currently use CMOD 3 and have produced tons of Plasma beam cannons which took ages seeing i used only 1 factory (some reason every other 1 i try to build produces wheat) anyways to the point, whats the stats on the PBC in CMOD 4 compared to the CMOD 3 verson?(because if its alot weaker i would probably just stick to CMOD 3 seeing i spent ages aquiring them hehe)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 17:44

I think that CMOD4 buffed all beam weapons (comparing to CMOD3) exept PALC that has no shield bypass effect.

Plasma Beam Cannon should be significantly better coz it's now a medim/heavy grade beam weapon and it's the strongest of all commowealth beams (coz Boron Ion cannon are anti-shield heavy, Paranid Tribeam is anti M6-M7 and Split PALC is anti-fighter/missile).

Only Terran Fusion Beam Cannon is stronger beam weapon (not to mention Khaak as they are the masters of the beamzz).

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 17:58

The PBC is more powerful in CMOD4, although it has changed significantly.

It is a lot less effective against smaller targets, but much more against capitals. This is done by making the beam duration much longer and the damage much higher. So ships that dont stay in the beam for long dont get much damage, but those that do take a beating.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 18:11

thank you for the quick response, il be switching over 2day :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”