[Mod-AP][In-Dev] X-Timelines: The Syndicate

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 20:40

I am happy with those reasons.

As for starts...

would the custom start script in my sig work?
or could it be altered to work?(with the permission of the author,of course,or maybe he/she could redo one for XTL?)

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 21:29

TTD wrote:I am happy with those reasons.

As for starts...

would the custom start script in my sig work?
or could it be altered to work?(with the permission of the author,of course,or maybe he/she could redo one for XTL?)
It may work, i really dont know. ill have a look at it closer to release.
firestorm79 wrote: Can't wait for this... Any ETA?
I cant give an ETA, they are never correct :D

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 01:09

6X limits on SETA are fine.

As to the ETA, I'll just keep poking my head into the X3 scripts and modding section every day or so like I've been doing for a few years now, checking to see if this thread has been bumped!
I thought you mentioned that XTL would incorporate "Bounce" or something like that, to prevent crashes due to the autopilot. Is that still an upcoming feature?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 01:17

Falcrack wrote:6X limits on SETA are fine.

As to the ETA, I'll just keep poking my head into the X3 scripts and modding section every day or so like I've been doing for a few years now, checking to see if this thread has been bumped!
I thought you mentioned that XTL would incorporate "Bounce" or something like that, to prevent crashes due to the autopilot. Is that still an upcoming feature?
Its a complete feature actually, KCBounce-v2.0 is fully integrated :) However thats for AI controlled ships (AI being anything your not flying) - not nothing that runs on the player ship itself.
Last edited by Jack08 on Sun, 8. Dec 13, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 03:16

Well having any kind of Bounce on the playership just makes it the Skunk :lol:
I fly an OWP. What about you?

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 03:23

Well..was waiting to see the verdict for Rebirth before starting a new X3..guess back to waiting for this mod ;)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 22:24

Just read that Jack's back from the mod forum over in rebirth. Really looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with this now.

May all of your shaves be close ones.

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 23:04

I dunno about those shaves, I'm the one with the ridiculous beard :lol:

Working on balance and missiles/weapons at the moment, as well as testing the economy works.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 00:20

Before someone bumps! Yes, we are still here!

Bit of a technical progress report today, i finally finished rewriting my, whats called a "Entity Reader" (because it reads files with .entity extensions) - its basically a way to get data into the script engine for use, that supports all different datatypes, and doesnt need to use TFile entry's.

it managed to read this quite complicated file, which means i have a much easier time ahed of me - i can create 16 files for the new sector manager, rather then 1000's...

Code: Select all

test
{
   test = "test";
   array = [
      ["A", 2, (Argon)],
      [TYPECODE<SS_LASER_ARGON_FI_ADV>, [ 42, "42" ]]
   ];
}
One of the other major upsides of this, its cut new game loading time by 50%. :)

The economy gave us a couple of slaps in the face recently, so we are working out the kinks of that, and making sure all the traders have balanced cargo sizes.

We have actually been able to create a use for M3 Haulers - High value transports, speedy things that transport high grade minerals from refinery to stage 1 production facility's. I was happy about this because i missed seeing them M3's flying around with cargo :D

Hmm what else... Ah, yes - Fixed a few bugs, fixed a few crash bugs(!) and the game is very close to a "stable" state, now it just needs to be "playable" and then we can release the alpha.

I dont think we are going to get a release out before the end of the year, which was my hope - perhaps maybe early next year, we will see what happens.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 00:52

Thanks for the update Jack!
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 01:29

:)

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 02:28

I've been quietly following this for some time now and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of all you're hard work guys.

The effort is very much appreciated.

Reido

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 04:22

Thanks for the update!

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 04:46

I'd just like to re-iterate that the first release will be an alpha, so please expect bugs to be there. There will probably be missing sounds, incorrect fx and maybe a few misplaced engine carrots!

So if you are not inclined to eat a couple of cockroaches I'd say wait for Beta.

Onto my updates. The Boron have had a bit of a shuffle about ship wise, so some old favourites may have changed class. This was a balancing and aesthetic decision as I didn't want to ruin the profile of some of these ships, which look amazing, but would have needed a turret beard or something if left at their original class. If anything two of the best looking Boron ships are now more accessible to the player ;)

Personally I'm nearing completion of the model check and adjustment phase, missile balance was completed yesterday and just needs the TMissiles file created, Lasers are getting their new values in the next day or so and TShips should follow soon after.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 17:45

@Jack08

That's one nasty file you have reading in there :lol:

Man between you guys and Litcube I'm gonna strangle my SSD for space to run multiple X3 installations...

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 23:19

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:@Jack08

Man between you guys and Litcube I'm gonna strangle my SSD for space to run multiple X3 installations...
Naaah... If you want nasty... Check this one out.
AsteroidField_19.entity

:D
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 03:18

Jack08 wrote:

AsteroidField_19.entity

Nasty :twisted:

But good going on the parser...looks like it really does make some things more interesting!

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 05:04

Not to mention New Rocks man :D

I'll be adding in some new rocks for Beta (not Alpha). Hopfully they'll look a bit better as I should be able to get Ambient Occlusion maps for them ;)
Sir Ken Robinson

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 05:34

Python to the rescue, Again! Save me from hours of manual entry python, THANKYOU. :D
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 06:56

Jack08 wrote:

AsteroidField_19.entity

So have you been manually telling where each asteroid and bit of debris goes, or have you written a program to more or less automatically create an asteroid field?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”