[BETA] Plugin Manager 2.20 BETA 6 : Updated 07/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Britwizard

cheers

Post by Britwizard » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 23:09

Thanks,

Didn't mean to sound ungrateful or out of line etc., its just that after looking through tons and tons of people saying "help it doesn't work", which I'm sure you get bored of replying to as well, and trying each individual resolution to no gain, I just thought that perhaps a readme file with directions might be a good idea for the future, as I do with my mods on other games...

I'm not that bothered, I gave up after a couple of hours of trying anyway.

Good luck with the next venture, as it sounds like you might be busy doing other stuff!!

Happy gaming!

D

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 00:39

Is it normal behavior for the installer to not make a cat file after every closing? Here's what it is doing for me. I have 13 cat files in my TC folder. Literally every other time I close the installer it creates a 14th. The 14th cat file it creates has these 3 files:

twaret.pck
9001-L044.pck
pluginmanager.pck

It seems like a file it should be creating everytime it closes. But half of the time it doesn't create it, which means I open the installer again to get it to make it.

Is this normal?

Thx

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 00:44

depends what scripts u have installed, if u have any with custom wares, then it should be creating them

there was a problem with the cat file creation on certain computers thou

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 01:08

Erm, would this belong here or would i start a seprate Thread?
I just need to know how to use ship creator.. :oops:

baric
x4

Post by baric » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 01:31

X1000 Try the first page of this thread in the first 5 or 6 lines...:)

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 01:44

Ill ask in a seprate thread...

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 3. Jul 09, 18:06

...so you arnt going to fix this so the ship creator will work? :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Jul 09, 18:10

as has been mentioned plenty of times, and has a link from the first post, there will be no more updates to this program

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 01:04

DrwHem, Read this : http://apricotmappingservice.com/plugin.html

Hasnt been posted for all of 2 pages, so I guess its due yet again.

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 19:10

Any news on the release on a new version of the plugin manager? We're all busy people I know...I am just curious.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 19:18

unfortuatlly progress has been slow as no one seems interested in testing

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246080

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 02:02

Cycrow, I'll be interested in testing once it reaches a stage similar to the original. As I understand it, the current version is still command line based, and I really dont want to go there.

There would not be many people still accustomed to using command line under vista. Hence not a lot who would feel comfortable testing for you. Sad but true.

I used to use command a lot up until XP, where it slowly phased out as my programming days phased out. I've recently updated my cobol compiler to vista, but it no longer needs command line access to run, so I rarely go command line anymore. And I found last time I tried, that I've pretty well forgotten all the command line language anyway. No real reason to use it anymore.

Makes it more difficult for you, but I recommend if you can get it as debugged as you can yourself in command line, then upgrade it to a normal program, at which time beta testers should appear all over the place for you.

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 19:04

I hate to agree with apricotslice but I'm going to have to. I deal with a fair degree of CLI at work and honestly the last thing I want to do when I get home is deal with it for a game. I would for the sake of helping out however as it stands the two things I've been waiting on before playing X3TC again is this next patch and your plugin manager. I can definitely wait on the plugin manager once the next patch comes out and then help test it. Wouldn't mind that at all.

Again I do have to agree that a 'tard interface...err I meant GUI would make it more palatable. ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 19:04

currently the program is in 2 parts, the spk library, spk.dll, and the front end.

while im finishing developing the library, the front end is just a simple command line interface.

once the library is complete, then i will start working on the proper front end

mitch28

Post by mitch28 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 13:12

I think the download link might be broken, every time I download it I get an 86kb file that windows tells me probably didn't download correctly...

EDIT: Nevermind it was just Chrome being weird, I tried downloading with Firefox and it worked fine, Thanks! :D

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 14:21

to what extent are you changing this program? are you giving it a totally new look or is it gonna be the same just with bugs fixed?

do you have a list on your targets for the nxt version or nxt update?
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:14

because the original source code was lost, the program is being created from scratch

the new one will most likly be simlar, but i plan to release 2 versions.

the first will be Plugin Manager Lite, this wil lbe like a stripped down version of the current one.

then the Full version will be Lite will all the extra features

the next version of the spk library will be released hopefully sometime today, 0.7, with 0.8 comming later this week

then 0.9 should hopefully be ready by the beginning of next week, which will be the RC version

StormRazor52
xr

Post by StormRazor52 » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 01:28

Hey cycrow,
I just caught up on this tread and I would be glad to help out with the testing of the new manager. I am a retired disabled military veteran and have plenty of time to test and play. Just let me know if I can help. It has been a while but I should be able to input command line if need be. As well I am running the Evaluation copy of Win 7, so this will give us a chance to tweak the program for this OS. Just let me know. Keep cranking em out for you are the best. :D

pSylle
x3tc

Cycrow xplugin manager doesnt find folder.

Post by pSylle » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 22:52

Hi everybody reading this,

I have vanilla French gold edition 2.1 X3tc and wanted to install the one-key boarding solution (ImprovedBoarding-V1.10-28.10.2008.spk) with cycrow xplugin.

After installing it, it never found my c:/program files/Egosoft/X3tc folder and the exe....so unable to go further.

Didnt find any solution in FAq so i post.

Trying to access shift+c...piracy....board nearest ship while an M7 is firing at you is....deadly :wink:

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. Merge. jlehtone}

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 02:15

the plugin manager uses the registry entries to determine where the game is.

so if your version uses a different registry entry, then this might be the problem.

u can however input the directory manually, just click the button to the right of the directory named, marked as "..." and you can manually select the directory to use.

u can also goto the file menu and change the directory that way.

you only need to do this once, once its added u can continue to use the same directory

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”