ALERT! Version 1.4 of DDTC is available for download!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 02:06

Having a little fun with the DDTC mod...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3wIg-97MPw

RichardDaborn
x3tc

Post by RichardDaborn » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 10:36

Hiya Deadly. Glad the Mod has made the transfer over to TC! Hows my Yaki M7+ Frigate design holding up? I bet it looks good in TC.
Sorry ive not been around in ages, real life in the way as they say.
I have been tempted to redesign the Yaki ship, I really need to find the time to do it.

Ive been getting back into the X games again, playing X3R & XTended. I havent even got X3TC yet however I hope to get it before long!

Regards Richard, the artist formally known as Rusti. :)
http://rdaborn.tumblr.com/
Sci-fi Artwork website.

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 14:25

Thanks for this mod, is this 1.2 version compatible with X3 Terran conflict
3.0 ?, if it is compatible should i also install the latest bonus pack onto 3.0 before installing DDTC 1.2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 20:57

It's compatible with 3. I don't think it actually matters if it is done before or after the bonus pack.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 17:28

@Gupster

I've been playing DDTC 1.2 Unleashed with no problems since 3.0 came out. As it stands DDTC 1.3 is undergoing testing at the moment and is out of beta and into the RC phaze.

Deadly has rewritten the combat mission MD code to provide a more balanced behaviour as fight rank gets higher. No more spending 2 hours in a sector mopping up wave after wave.

As always there will be a few brand new, original ships replacing some of the place holders we've had in since the last patch.

Watch this space...
Still life in the old dog yet...

gurdian-of-the-argon-fede

Post by gurdian-of-the-argon-fede » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 12:12

when is the ddtc 1.3 mod going to be ready for download??

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 00:01

Howdy,

What's the difference between the DDTC and DDTC_Unleashed versions?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 00:18

&DarthVain

The difference is that we removed civilian ships from the job file, also the number of the traders has been reduced.To be exact we took the job file from another mod called Unleashed(with's author permission) and put our data in it.The result is that game performance is beter then before.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 01:41

Thanks Idea,

Then I'm assuming DDTC_Unleashed has the civi ships removed correct?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 02:05

DarthVain wrote: Then I'm assuming DDTC_Unleashed has the civi ships removed correct?
Correct :)

Sarvoth

Post by Sarvoth » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 04:05

Is there any chance that the Typhon could be released as an individual download? I'm relatively new to X3 and I've tried Vanilla, X-tended, and I'm currently trying out MARS, SRM, etc.. the more standard set of stuff. I'm very intrigued by this mod and I intend to try it also but I'm not ready to restart again just yet. I absolutely love the Typhon. Thanks for any reply!

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 10:00

Sarvoth wrote:Is there any chance that the Typhon could be released as an individual download?I absolutely love the Typhon. Thanks for any reply!
Unfortunately we don't do that.I know there are a lot of ships (especially Star Wars ships) in our mod that people would love to have them without using the entire mod but in the past people wanted just the otherwise.
Compare to Vanila DDTC doesn't change many things(it add one new sector and manu new stations) it is only the mather of compatibility with other mods.
Maby in the future we could make DDTC more compatible friendly.

Thanks for the words about Typhon.Tbh it is the first of my creations that got several commendations which stimulated me to make better and better ships(see my signiture :wink: ).

Cheers

Epona222
x3tc

Post by Epona222 » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 22:55

Wonderful mod, thank you! I sometimes find it a bit too challenging for my meagre skills, but that isn't a criticism!

I am having an issue with a covert "follow that ship" type mission given to me by the Teladi Profit Nest. I accept the mission, and go to find the ship I have to follow. Once I have located my target and get within a certain distance the mission log changes to tell me to follow the ship - and then the ship just vanishes - it's not blowing up or jumping away, it just disappears - I'm within a safe range of around 14 or 15km from the ship when this happens (and I have a triplex scanner, so it is within view when it occurs). I get the mission failed message across the bottom of the screen, but no angry message from the shipyard telling me off for being useless.

I've reloaded and tried the mission a number of times now (I hate having a failed mission on my record), but the same thing happens each time no matter where the target ship spawns or what type of ship it is.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 00:11

@ Epona222

Hi and thanks for using the mod. I'll have a run through of the teladi mission pack and get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for spotting this.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 20. Mar 11, 17:39

At long last, DDTC 1.3 is available for download!

Please check out the OP for a description of what is new, and for the D/L links.

Enjoy!

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Mon, 21. Mar 11, 18:43

Does this use race 1 for anything?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 21. Mar 11, 21:17

nitromethane,

No, we don't do anything with custom races.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 11:29

@nitromethane

If you are thinking of Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21 this runs fine with DDTC now.

joajoha
x4

User Guide

Post by joajoha » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 21:24

Nice work, will try it out now. :)

But the link to the DDTC User Guide, seems to be broken :(

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 00:24

Ah...sorry about the User Guide, fixed now :oops:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”