[MOD TC/AP] Combat Mod 4 - v4.16 17/06/13 - AP 3.0 Compatibility

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 16:22

TrixX wrote:
Aragon Speed wrote:Those XLS would be better as PDF's as not everyone owns Excel. There are plenty of fake printer drivers out there that will create a pdf for you. ;)
Open Office can open Excel 2003 files (xls) and Excel 2007/10 files (xlsx) plus it's free.
Yeah, but who wants to DL a whole office package just to check out a xls file when most browsers can open a pdf directly. ;)

And yes I do use open office already, so I could open the xls if I wanted too. :P :D

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 16:32

I wasn't suggesting you :P

I was simply supplying info :)

Hell I have Excel 2010 :D
Go the conversion of all the txt files to CSV...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 16:45

No fighting. You'll get the thread locked. :o :lol:
BTW Paul, thanks for continuing to upgrade this terrific mod.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 17:00

epion wrote:
I have another question. Which mods do you use with the cmod4?!?!
I currently use ssrp, srm(all addons), Lucikes scripts, cc, mars, improved
races and xtra ship/station pack. Maybe i use2much mods and scripts
because now i have big problems ...
Does someone use the same and it works?
Firstly - you cannot install both the Xtra ship pack and the SRM - they will conflict with each other and it is not necessary anyway. The Xtra ship mod is fully merged into the SRM. Just install the SRM and you'll get the Xtra ships too.

Also there are specific installation instructions for Lucikes scripts and the CC. See the main SRM post for details.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 17:03

rusky wrote:I'm not sure if it is out of the scope of this script or even if this already exists, but is there a way (a script) to get AI M8's to have 100% missile fire prob ?

I just did the OFF mission where a teladi carrier force (M1, some M3's and some M8's) will help you destroy a khaak station in the unknown sector north of Argon M148.

I was flying in my M6 (M/AM fitted Katana) and am using the High hull mod and SRM so the khaak station had 30 GJ shields and 1.500K Hull.

I rushed in with the M3's and blew up all khaak defenders then started pecking away at the station's shields while waiting for the M8's to come and finish the job with their heavy torpedoes.

What happened was, they got there, never launched a single missile (or maybe 1 or 2 at most) and literally went Kamikaze by flying straight into the station (probably out of frustration from not finding their launch torpedo button).

Had to keep shooting at the station for 10m as a result, and could pick up 3-4 tomahawks dropped by the suiciding M8's that wouldn't shoot at the end.
This is a scripting issue and is out of the scope of this mod. I believe the Military Base Responce Revamp script greatly improves the effectiveness of M8s and M7Ms. In fact its quite frustrating when you're after a target for MBRR bombers to take it out just before you arrive.

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 18:53

Alright.

One other thing, for some reason the terran beam and emr forge factory kits don't show up on my terran shipyards, but i do have the actual forges around in the universe :?:

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 19:39

rusky wrote:I'm not sure if it is out of the scope of this script or even if this already exists, but is there a way (a script) to get AI M8's to have 100% missile fire prob ?

I just did the OFF mission where a teladi carrier force (M1, some M3's and some M8's) will help you destroy a khaak station in the unknown sector north of Argon M148.

I was flying in my M6 (M/AM fitted Katana) and am using the High hull mod and SRM so the khaak station had 30 GJ shields and 1.500K Hull.

I rushed in with the M3's and blew up all khaak defenders then started pecking away at the station's shields while waiting for the M8's to come and finish the job with their heavy torpedoes.

What happened was, they got there, never launched a single missile (or maybe 1 or 2 at most) and literally went Kamikaze by flying straight into the station (probably out of frustration from not finding their launch torpedo button).

Had to keep shooting at the station for 10m as a result, and could pick up 3-4 tomahawks dropped by the suiciding M8's that wouldn't shoot at the end.
They might have spawned with ... no ammo, terrible stock ammunition behavior. You can try installin Gazz's ai ammo 'cheat' script that gives them ammunition to simulate a loaded set.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 20:04

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:

They might have spawned with ... no ammo, terrible stock ammunition behavior. You can try installin Gazz's ai ammo 'cheat' script that gives them ammunition to simulate a loaded set.
I am running Gazz's script and i also got in range and scanned, they had 5 tomahawks in the cargo.
I just wish there was a standalone, small script aimed solely at improving AI M8 performance.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 21:54

rusky wrote:Alright.

One other thing, for some reason the terran beam and emr forge factory kits don't show up on my terran shipyards, but i do have the actual forges around in the universe :?:
Make sure the MD scripts EMR_FABS.xml and BEAM_FABS.xml from the factory pack are in the director folder.

These scripts add the EMR and beam forges to various shipyards. They do not add them to every single shipyard though. So if you aren't seeing them in a particular shipyard, try another one.

epion
x4

Post by epion » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 11:45

paulwheeler wrote:Firstly - you cannot install both the Xtra ship pack and the SRM - they will conflict with each other and it is not necessary anyway. The Xtra ship mod is fully merged into the SRM. Just install the SRM and you'll get the Xtra ships too.

Also there are specific installation instructions for Lucikes scripts and the CC. See the main SRM post for details.
Ok ... Thanks. But what about jobs? Does the SRM or does the ai use the ships?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 11:48

For jobs use the SRM jobs files. There are three options in this package, No Civilians, Named Civilians and Unleashed. All will spawn Xtra ships as well as all the other SRM ships.

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 13:28

paulwheeler wrote:

Make sure the MD scripts EMR_FABS.xml and BEAM_FABS.xml from the factory pack are in the director folder.

These scripts add the EMR and beam forges to various shipyards. They do not add them to every single shipyard though. So if you aren't seeing them in a particular shipyard, try another one.
They are there. I can actually see the argon and paranid beam factories for sale in some of their shipyards (didn't check for the other races)
It's just the Terran ones that are missing (checked every single Terran Shipyard).

I am also using the Terran Revitalisation Scripts which add all terran factories to terran shipyards and terran economy stations.

Is there a script i can maybe manually run to try and readd them to the shipyards ?

Greetmir

CMOD v4.1 Weapon Statistics Spreadsheets in Colour AND B&W

Post by Greetmir » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 21:59

59 is just a number.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 23:19

Weeeeeee! xD nice

Greetmir

Greetmir's Graphic Missile Performance Chart Set

Post by Greetmir » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 08:07

Introducing Greetmir's Graphic Missile Performance Chart Set or "GMPC's" for CMOD v4.1 missiles.

When I first started playing with the X series ... OMG it must have been way, way, WAY back as long as a few WEEKS ago ... I had a problem with visualizing which missiles went how fast to get how far to make how much damage when they got there. What I did was make myself charts on graph paper showing speed up the side and distance along the bottom and I used a circle template to trace different sized circles in proportion to represent the different damage ratings of the missiles.

I soon found out that I would have to shade them nicely because some of them had ABOUT the same speed and range as others and the size of the circles caused them to overlap.

Anyways ... It was fun and I got to learn about the missiles better and had a quick reference on the wall to remind me of their different characteristics. Well I have decided to dress them up a bit better than pencil sketches and share the concept of these charts with you.

Due to the fact that there are about 7500 Mosquitoes in a Shadow (when talking about total damage) they cannot all be put on one graph or chart. The Mosquito would be a TINY dot and the Shadow would fill most of the page ... so I found that a set of 3 charts, overlapping in damage specs slightly and changing the scale between charts at the rate of an order of magnitude (10:1) I could represent all the Missiles.

Here is the first "GMPC" or "Graphic Missile Performance Chart" chart, showing the missiles in CMOD v4.1 of under 13 K damage. I hope you find it handy.

I will be following up very soon with two further charts ... one (as I mentioned overlapping slightly in yields) covering from 10 K damage to 200 K damage and the third (again overlapping) covering those missiles of 100 K and over.

Note: Although great pains were taken to make sure that these charts are and will continue to be to scale and as accurate as humanly possible ... by ME anyways, their intent is simply to be quick reference charts and is not to be an attempt to replace my spreadsheets which hold precise statistics.

Swarm missiles are rated in these charts as if ALL EIGHT WARHEADS hit the target, which of course is not always the case.

Here is GMPC-1

Http://MyTCscreenshots.homestead.com/GMPC-1.jpg

I will post GMPC-2 and GMPC-3 as soon as they are completed.

me

P.S. Don't fail to notice that you can click on it for a larger than default sized image :D ...
59 is just a number.

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 09:09

rusky wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:

They are there. I can actually see the argon and paranid beam factories for sale in some of their shipyards (didn't check for the other races)
It's just the Terran ones that are missing (checked every single Terran Shipyard).

I am also using the Terran Revitalisation Scripts which add all terran factories to terran shipyards and terran economy stations.

Is there a script i can maybe manually run to try and readd them to the shipyards ?
I added the FBC fab to the terran shipyards with cycrow's cheat script but I still couldn't find the EMR one. I think something went wrong when i installed, i just don't know what.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 09:30

@Rusky:

I believe Gazz's ammo script only runs when the ship runs low on ammo (OR periodically) to save on some CPU time.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 10:25

I was wondering which one (cmod3 or cmod4) suits better for TC 3.0 non-Srm game. Vanilla + some scripts.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 15:03

CMod4 is CMod3 with some small, but good upgrades - I recommend number 4.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 15:29

rusky wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:

My guess is that it is something to do with the Terran Revitalisation scripts. It must clear the Terran shipyards each time it runs and then add its own entries back in.

There's an easy test for this. Use Cyrows Cheat scripts to manually add the EMR forge to a Terran shipyard. Save and reload. Is it still there? If my theory is correct it will have dissapeared.

The only way around this is to stop using the Terran Revitalisation scripts.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”