[MOD - UI AP/TC] Gold HUD v1 2016 - 11/05/16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 08:49

TrixX wrote:Possibly, the other person with this issue also had Combat HUD installed prior. However so did I so I am at a loss to find the problem ;)
No dice on the jumping to empty sector.

I COULD also try this...

Jump to empty sector
Remove Combat Hud (and save)
Save again as vanilla hud
Load your ui mod

Otherwise I'm stumped too :)
I fly an OWP. What about you?

kmkenpo

Post by kmkenpo » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 05:53

OK guys... I am just shy of pulling my hair out... well, I shave my head each day, but you get the idea.

I am running X3, with X-Tended 1.1, 500k Comm, Mike.Galaxy Laser, PSCO1's Cockpit for X-Tended, and trying to get this mod... GOLD UI.

I keep getting some REALLY odd graphical glitches, with or without the brackets, no matter the screen resolution that I am running.

I worked for me ONCE, a fluke I guess< but as soon as I installed the X-Tended 1.1 and the Laser fix for v1.1... it has gone screwy. No matter if I take all of the mods out, and only run the Gold UI, it is still messed up.

I have installed them as 16.dat for the Gold UI, and then in order after that... even went and played with that order, making the Gold UI last. It doesn't seem to matter.

Please, I am asking for some help here. My cat is scared that I will kick it around the house, and my walls are full of holes from my fists.

Thank you for the assistance,
-kmkenpo

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 06:10

Unfortunately it's a simple problem. It's not XTC compatible.

You can run it on vanilla games and it's compatible with most mods out there, but XTC changes the layout of the GUI textures rendering this and all other UI mods incompatible with it.

Sorry there are no plans to make it XTC compatible at the moment as I am working on X-Timelines which in turn will have a new version of the UI, hopefully with the ability to choose colour and few other things :)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

kmkenpo

Post by kmkenpo » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 06:58

Well, there you go. I like simple. Well... I kind of like simple... err... maybe if you had said that they were compatible, just my inability to figure out the proper order of the mods, or some simple answer like that. But, hey, guess you can't win them all... darn it.

-kmkenpo

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 15:25

So is there still no 3D view for this? It looks really cool but I like to use the 3D view for when I am in capital ships.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 17:26

3D View? Mine is compatible with PSC01's cockpit mods, but not sure exactly what you mean by 3D view...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 18:43

Is this mod compatible with SRM + CMOD 4 ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 19:40

Yes. If you want it to override the CMOD4 GUI just place the CAT/DAT after the SRM and CMOD ones in the list (i.e. the higher number).
Sir Ken Robinson

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 21:08

OK ,but how do I place this mod if I want to keep cmod shot effects ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 06:30

I haven't altered CMOD's shot effects other than to brighten them slightly. Shouldn't affect them as they're defined in TShips.
Sir Ken Robinson

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 14:55

Seen a couple of screens of this HUD elsewhere, and I came here running to download it: it's awesome.

Unfortunately, it seems I can't use it :cry:

If I don't want to experience some sporadic random stuttering I'm forced to use medium textures (hell if I know why, I could easily use high textures with an old 3 series ATI card, and now my pretty decent HD5750 can't... must be some ATI driver shenanigan), at least when I plan to do battles - especially in Terran sectors.

Anyway, with this mod active, while it works perfectly with high textures, with medium ones the game crashes immediatly after loading/starting anew. Low textures do let the game to load, but unsurprisingly the whole hud components are garbaged and full of artifacts.

Is there any way to make this work with medium textures? Maybe resizing the .dds files?

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 16:08

I'll have a look into it. I didn't run into any issues my end, so will have a look at medium and see if there's an issue. I'll probably be doing a revamp of it in the near future once Phase 1 of XTL is released :)
Sir Ken Robinson

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 23:46

Wow long time since I posted here :D

I am updating this HUD to the same style as my X-TL Beta UI. It'll keep it's current colours, but I'll offer a stock colour version too.

The new version will be both AP and TC compatible so no worries there.

I'll be using the Gravidar from my Beta UI though as it's a lot more detailed than the one currently used.
Sir Ken Robinson

Torias
x4

Post by Torias » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 15:25

One small question: I love the gold hud from your screenshots, but would it be possible for me to just tweak the shields display color back to the original blue? And if so, how would I go about doing that? Something about gold shield bars just makes me twitch. >.>'

Everything else is beautiful though 8)

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 17:00

Well it's not that hard, but not that easy either XD

I'll be releasing a new version soon with blue shield bars as I also think shields should stay blue :)

So no worries ;)
Sir Ken Robinson

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 17:18

I'll give you a cookie if I can have it now, lol
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 17:23

garrry34 wrote:I'll give you a cookie if I can have it now, lol
Not Likely, TrixX went to bed, its like 2AM for him :P
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 18:21

cookie and warm milk lol
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 03:47

I'll up a new pack for the old one today or 2mo, which has blue shield icons/bars. It'll also remove the resolution settings so it's all for one and one for all XD

The revised version will be out soon, I'm just adjusting the buttons and a few other things to support AP. Both versions will support AP and will be backwards compatible with TC as well :)
Sir Ken Robinson

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 14:45

what no cookie :(
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”