Which Mod/Script Should i Download

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

wavion
x3tc

Post by wavion » Thu, 23. May 13, 06:33

Is there a mod that adds multiple job icons to stations? For example, if a station has both a trade mission and a combat mission, both icons will be shown?

I find that a lot of the jobs I actually want are buried under icons of jobs I don't, and it's kind of a pain to fly over to every station just to be sure.

It'd be even cooler if there were one that added more job icons so you could quickly distinguish between sub-types (ex. "transport passenger", "deliver wares", "transport cargo", etc, instead of just a trade icon).

Thanks in advance.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. May 13, 07:08

I do not know about changing icons, but 500km Comm Range makes it easier to check stations without having to fly to each one.

wavion
x3tc

Post by wavion » Thu, 23. May 13, 07:23

Thanks for the reply. That seems a little cheaty, but weighed against the annoyance of flying to every station in a system and coming up empty... I find it to be an acceptable compromise.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. May 13, 07:31

Yes, I had the same reservation initially -- and came to the same conclusion. :)

You can change the range of 500k Comm Range easily enough (with X3 Editor 2 in Text Viewer mode). However, after experimenting with several different ranges, I finally decided that being able to comm any station in the sector is really a better way to play the game.
  • (Your mileage may vary, of course. ;) )

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Thu, 23. May 13, 14:52

With CLS and CAG for freighters, MARS for turrents, and Galaxy Explorer for scouts, my combat ships seem really dumb by comparison, suicide against much larger forces, trying to chase M5s to the other side of the sector rather than slower enemys right behind them etc. Are there any scripts that improve combat ship AI for TC?

I have found Advanced Patrol but it is only for AP and only for patrols.

pingkiller
x3tc

Post by pingkiller » Fri, 24. May 13, 23:08

I'm looking for a simple claim ship mod. Salvage command has too many unbalanced options in my opinion. I just want a hotkey that let me claim a ship from within 5km or something.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 24. May 13, 23:15

pingkiller
x3tc

Post by pingkiller » Fri, 24. May 13, 23:18

how would i mod that to be cheaper?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 24. May 13, 23:25

Salvage Claim Software
pingkiller wrote:how would i mod that to be cheaper?

1) If you installed the Plugin Manager extensions when you installed the PM, then right-click on the .spk and choose "Edit Package". Or just open the .spk with the Package Creator.

2) Click the Custom Wares tab.

3) Right-click the ware and choose "Edit SS_WARE_CY_SCS"

4) Change the price. Note that the value here is multiplied by 28 in the game.

5) Click OK, save the package, then reinstall it with the PM. Reload your saved game. The price should now be updated.

pingkiller
x3tc

Post by pingkiller » Fri, 24. May 13, 23:29

Cool! Thank you!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 25. May 13, 14:33

Would someone kindly remind me of the mod or script that made it possible to adjust difficulty of missions? I vaguely remember it being named "impossible missions" or something like that.

Its not zmission tweak. I know that.

Anyhow thanks.

BTW shouldn't this thread be stickied?

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Sat, 25. May 13, 22:26

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 25. May 13, 22:35

Note that Trade Convoy, Deliver Matching Ship, and Generic Patrol will conflict with the updates in AP 3.0. So you can have either "fixed" or "impossible" but not both (unless someone merges the changes to Enable Impossible Mission Difficulty).

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 26. May 13, 00:28

Hahha thanks thats it. I was even the first person to post in that thread! My memory is getting bad...

Note that Trade Convoy, Deliver Matching Ship, and Generic Patrol will conflict with the updates in AP 3.0. So you can have either "fixed" or "impossible" but not both (unless someone merges the changes to Enable Impossible Mission Difficulty).
Ok thanks. Would be great to see this updated. I hadn't considered the 3.0 changes.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 26. May 13, 00:30

joelR wrote:Would be great to see this updated.
MD scripts do not require the Script Editor, so you can probably do it yourself with WinMerge.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 26. May 13, 01:12

DrBullwinkle wrote:
joelR wrote:Would be great to see this updated.
MD scripts do not require the Script Editor, so you can probably do it yourself with WinMerge.
So basically take the versions in the mod and merge them with the updated 3.0 versions?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 26. May 13, 01:39

Yes.

The changes required to add Impossible difficulty are probably minor.
  • For more ways to make combat challenge more "interesting" (harder), see the Combat Tricks Guide.

wavion
x3tc

Post by wavion » Sun, 26. May 13, 20:09

Okay, so I have all of my desired mods/scripts installed for my first modded playthrough of X3 (AP). I like the vast majority of the changes from XRM, but as someone playing a trader, trying to build a fleet of CAGs, I find the $2 mil jumpdrive to be highly prohibitive to my style of gameplay. So how would I go about changing the price for this, while keeping the other features of the mod? I tried figuring it out myself - I really did - I tried the approach DrBullwinkle suggested for changing the price of the SCS, but I couldn't even figure out the SS_WARE_ id of the jumpdrive. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 26. May 13, 20:46

Check out page 11 of the XRM. I describe how to edit the TwareT file. It sounds like you already have a basic understanding of the x3 editor 2. Its a really easy change to make. If you have any problems send me a PM.

Edit: The directions are for changing sizes but the prices are changed in the same place.
Last edited by joelR on Sun, 26. May 13, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

wavion
x3tc

Post by wavion » Sun, 26. May 13, 20:51

Thanks so much, I'll look into it now. I had intended originally to look through XRM comments for solutions, but with 1400+ pages of comments, it was a little daunting.

EDIT: Finally got it working, thanks! Took awhile because I was changing the entry in the addon\XX.cat\types\TWareT instead of the addon\XX.cat\addon\types\TwareT. But, hey, I learned some stuff, so that's good anyway.
Last edited by wavion on Sun, 26. May 13, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”