[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 00:08

Is there anywhere that tells me what the game starts give you to start with, all I can determine is that on one you start with a carrack, and on another you start with the xperimental shuttle, but I am far to lazy to go through them all to find out what ship you begin with on each one.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 18:51

The game starts are defined in L\true\gamestarts.xml (accessible with the X3 Editor 2).

Here is what I can see there:

Aldran Adventurer: Terran Springblossom (M6)
Anonymous Argon: Argon Elite (M4)
Argon Anarchist: Argon Nova Vanguard (M3)
Argon Patriot: Argon Nova Vanguard (M3)
ATF Veteran: ATF Thor (M3)
Bankrupt Assassin: Pirate Mamba Raider (M3)
Boring Boron: Boron Octopus Explorer (M5)
Cunning Charlatan: Terran Xperimental Shuttle (M3)
Goner Witness: Goner Truelight Seeker (M6)
Humble Merchant: Argon Mercury Hauler (TS)
Hunted Hero: ATF Verdandi (M3)
Formidable Freebooter: Pirate Carrack (M7)
Lost Lar: Boron Angel (TP)
Nostalgic Argon: Argon Buster (M4)
OTAS Operative: OTAS Sirokos (M6)
Paranid Prospector: Paranid Demeter Miner (TS)
Pious Paranid: Paranid Demeter (TS)
Poisoned Paranid: Paranid Demeter Hauler (TS)
Savage Split: Split Asp (M4)
Surreptitious Smuggler: Split Iguana Vanguard (TP)
Teladi Trafficker: Teladi Vulture (TS)
Terran Defender: Terran Sabre (M4)
Terran Tourist: Teladi Vulture Super Freighter (TS)
Tormented Teladi: Teladi Harrier Explorer (M5)
Unholy Traitor: Paranid Medusa Prototype (M3)
USC Commander: Terran Excalibur (M3)
Xenon Rogue: Xenon PX (M6)
Yaki Insurgent: Yaki Susanowa Raider (M3)
Yaki Ronin: Yaki Appallox (M6)
Advanced Start: ATF Vidar (M6)

These are only the player ships when you start a new game. A few of them have additional ships owned by you.

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 19:40

Hello! I have been playing X3ap for some time and I want to try out my first mode. I would like to try XRM and I want to be sure that I am going to do it the right way.
I play X3ap on Linux + Steam.
I need to download XRM1.30_PART_1.zip, XRM1.30d_PART_2.zip and XRMLINUXPATCH.zip. UnZip it in one folder and use - INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - .
Then if I'd like to be able to takeover sectors (this feature is not part of XRM?) I will have to instal any compatible script, preferebly this one http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243791 and instal it according to its instructions?
And that is it?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 19:58

No, a sector takeover mechanic isn't implemented in XRM. I haven't tested the STO script you want to use, but I have used the Improved Races script to do the same thing (and optionally more).

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 20:08

BlackArchon wrote:No, a sector takeover mechanic isn't implemented in XRM. I haven't tested the STO script you want to use, but I have used the Improved Races script to do the same thing (and optionally more).
Will try this one then! Thanks!

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 20:51

jakubpolo wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:No, a sector takeover mechanic isn't implemented in XRM. I haven't tested the STO script you want to use, but I have used the Improved Races script to do the same thing (and optionally more).
Will try this one then! Thanks!
And is it compatible with Bonus Package (Commercial Agent, Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and MK2, Dockware Manager, Hephaistos Corp. Station Building Service, Missile Defense Mosquito, MK3 Blacklist Manager, Satellite Early Warning Network, Turbo Boost, Turret On/Off Hotkey)? Or I don't need to install it because XRM already has features like that? I did not find this information, sorry :(

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 21:58

The official X3:AP bonus package is compatible with XRM and is working fine - I use it, too.

You may also want to use newer versions of some bonus package scripts which can be found here in the forum. Especially the Hephaistos station building service script has an annoying bug with Solar Power Plants XL - it underestimates their size and places them too closely to other stations which results in constant damage of affected factories if you are in sector, until their destruction ultimately. The Commercial Agent script also got some updates for better efficiency since the bonus package release. This also applies to Missile Defence Mosquito.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 22:07

BlackArchon wrote:The game starts are defined in L\true\gamestarts.xml (accessible with the X3 Editor 2).

Here is what I can see there:

Aldran Adventurer: Terran Springblossom (M6)
Anonymous Argon: Argon Elite (M4)
Argon Anarchist: Argon Nova Vanguard (M3)
Argon Patriot: Argon Nova Vanguard (M3)
ATF Veteran: ATF Thor (M3)
Bankrupt Assassin: Pirate Mamba Raider (M3)
Boring Boron: Boron Octopus Explorer (M5)
Cunning Charlatan: Terran Xperimental Shuttle (M3)
Goner Witness: Goner Truelight Seeker (M6)
Humble Merchant: Argon Mercury Hauler (TS)
Hunted Hero: ATF Verdandi (M3)
Formidable Freebooter: Pirate Carrack (M7)
Lost Lar: Boron Angel (TP)
Nostalgic Argon: Argon Buster (M4)
OTAS Operative: OTAS Sirokos (M6)
Paranid Prospector: Paranid Demeter Miner (TS)
Pious Paranid: Paranid Demeter (TS)
Poisoned Paranid: Paranid Demeter Hauler (TS)
Savage Split: Split Asp (M4)
Surreptitious Smuggler: Split Iguana Vanguard (TP)
Teladi Trafficker: Teladi Vulture (TS)
Terran Defender: Terran Sabre (M4)
Terran Tourist: Teladi Vulture Super Freighter (TS)
Tormented Teladi: Teladi Harrier Explorer (M5)
Unholy Traitor: Paranid Medusa Prototype (M3)
USC Commander: Terran Excalibur (M3)
Xenon Rogue: Xenon PX (M6)
Yaki Insurgent: Yaki Susanowa Raider (M3)
Yaki Ronin: Yaki Appallox (M6)
Advanced Start: ATF Vidar (M6)

These are only the player ships when you start a new game. A few of them have additional ships owned by you.
ahh nice one dude 8)

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Thu, 9. Jul 15, 02:30

Hi. This is my first post on here. For a while I was just browsing as there is a ton of info on here and I didnt have to ask for anything really as there are multiple threads on pretty much any subject related to X3. However, I just installed XRM and followed the directions on here and Im getting readtext errors. This, shows up in my messages I get, ship names and station names. I have the latest AP from Steam with no Bonus pack. When I installed XRM I removed the steam from my computer completely and then installed it again. Then I downloaded AP and during download unchecked Bonus Pack. Im assuming that this stopped Bonus Pack from downloading. I copied AP folder to different directory and added No steam exe. Then I installed XRM that I downloaded off here. I did it in this order.
1. XRM1.30_PART_1
2. XRM1.30d_PART_2
3. XRM1.29_PART_3
4. XRMDOCKINGWARESIZE
5. XRM_HULLHIGH
6. XRM_BACKGR

I followed direction on here on the first page and few videos on you tube. If anyone could tell me why this is happening I would be very thankful.

When I start AP I get "Incorrect version of exe file detected error" but im assuming that this does not have anything to do with XRM as it did it with Litcube too.

Thank you very much.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Thu, 9. Jul 15, 02:38

BlackArchon wrote:The official X3:AP bonus package is compatible with XRM and is working fine - I use it, too.

You may also want to use newer versions of some bonus package scripts which can be found here in the forum. Especially the Hephaistos station building service script has an annoying bug with Solar Power Plants XL - it underestimates their size and places them too closely to other stations which results in constant damage of affected factories if you are in sector, until their destruction ultimately. The Commercial Agent script also got some updates for better efficiency since the bonus package release. This also applies to Missile Defence Mosquito.
Can you tell me what the latest version of Bonus Pack is? I have looked around and I only see 5.1.00 from Dec 2011. Thank you very much

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 9. Jul 15, 17:52

That's correct, 5.1.0.0 is the latest version of the bonus pack. Newer versions of the scripts it contains are found here in the forum or directly on the script author's page.

I suggest installing this bonus pack first, then overwrite the scripts which have newer versions since 2011. Please note that all updated versions will get you a *modified* game.

For the latest Commercial Agents script, you need the library first and then the CAG script itself.

Library 3.8.04: http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... &Itemid=72
CAG script 3.4.07: http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=179

The last version of the Hephaistos station building script Beta 1.1.01 can be found there: http://www.mediafire.com/?6wncec4py1qqdsv (source)

Mosquito Missile Defence Mk2 3.2.02 can be found there: http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=294

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 10. Jul 15, 08:41

zanosg wrote:Hi. This is my first post on here. For a while I was just browsing as there is a ton of info on here and I didnt have to ask for anything really as there are multiple threads on pretty much any subject related to X3. However, I just installed XRM and followed the directions on here and Im getting readtext errors. This, shows up in my messages I get, ship names and station names. I have the latest AP from Steam with no Bonus pack. When I installed XRM I removed the steam from my computer completely and then installed it again. Then I downloaded AP and during download unchecked Bonus Pack. Im assuming that this stopped Bonus Pack from downloading. I copied AP folder to different directory and added No steam exe. Then I installed XRM that I downloaded off here. I did it in this order.
1. XRM1.30_PART_1
2. XRM1.30d_PART_2
3. XRM1.29_PART_3
4. XRMDOCKINGWARESIZE
5. XRM_HULLHIGH
6. XRM_BACKGR

I followed direction on here on the first page and few videos on you tube. If anyone could tell me why this is happening I would be very thankful.

When I start AP I get "Incorrect version of exe file detected error" but im assuming that this does not have anything to do with XRM as it did it with Litcube too.

Thank you very much.
That error won't have anything to do with the xrm.

I recommend ensuring x3 works properly before you start installing any mods. Do a clean install, move it, put in the no steam exe and then make sure x3 fires up.

Is the no steam exe up to date with the latest release of x3?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Jul 15, 09:48

Just so you know, the latest version of the Plugin Manager fixes some incompatibilities with XRM. So it should now work to allow you to install XSP ships into the mod

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 12. Jul 15, 23:17

paulwheeler wrote:
zanosg wrote:Hi. This is my first post on here. For a while I was just browsing as there is a ton of info on here and I didnt have to ask for anything really as there are multiple threads on pretty much any subject related to X3. However, I just installed XRM and followed the directions on here and Im getting readtext errors. This, shows up in my messages I get, ship names and station names. I have the latest AP from Steam with no Bonus pack. When I installed XRM I removed the steam from my computer completely and then installed it again. Then I downloaded AP and during download unchecked Bonus Pack. Im assuming that this stopped Bonus Pack from downloading. I copied AP folder to different directory and added No steam exe. Then I installed XRM that I downloaded off here. I did it in this order.
1. XRM1.30_PART_1
2. XRM1.30d_PART_2
3. XRM1.29_PART_3
4. XRMDOCKINGWARESIZE
5. XRM_HULLHIGH
6. XRM_BACKGR

Thank you very much.
That error won't have anything to do with the xrm.

I recommend ensuring x3 works properly before you start installing any mods. Do a clean install, move it, put in the no steam exe and then make sure x3 fires up.

Is the no steam exe up to date with the latest release of x3?
Not sure why but I had downloaded 2.0 version instead of 3.0. Installing 3.0 fixed this issue.

Also I have fixed my issues with Readtext errors by starting fresh and installing Bonus pack.

Now I see a different problem. This game is not as smooth as vanilla on my system. Its got the right card selected. Is this normal? I did install a new background pack.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 13. Jul 15, 17:10

zanosg wrote:...
Now I see a different problem. This game is not as smooth as vanilla on my system. Its got the right card selected. Is this normal? I did install a new background pack.
This is a disadvantage of XRM, the performance is a bit worse than X3:AP vanilla - so this is normal, yes. If you don't have a ten years old graphics card, the performance is always limited by your CPU. More CPU cores also don't help because X3 is mostly limited to one core.

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 10:44

You probably heard this a a lot... this mod is amazing :)

In recent explorations I found a research station selling plenty of 'advanced' ships from all races, now with enough cash I wanted to return and buy something nice, but the station was gone. Sadly I cannot remember the exact name to search for it, can anyone help?

(edit > sorry that I can't be more specific..)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 18:04

There are some special stations (mostly shipyards) with very special ships which change their sector on regular intervalls. They can spawn in unknown sectors as well as in race sectors - I don't know the exact rule for that. If you have found such a shipyard and want to "pin" it to a sector, dock a ship in them.

In my XRM games, I search mostly the unknown sectors for these stations. They can be placed very far away from gates and even a Military Scanner isn't enough to spot them when they are extremely far away. In these cases, use your own eyes to search the dark space for unusual patterns. When I find such, I switch to my Split Jaguar Explorer (max speed: 811 m/s - it isn't the overall fastest ship, but the fastest ship with an Military Scanner) and examine the area closer.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 18:38

BlackArchon wrote:
zanosg wrote:...
This is a disadvantage of XRM, the performance is a bit worse than X3:AP vanilla - so this is normal, yes. If you don't have a ten years old graphics card, the performance is always limited by your CPU. More CPU cores also don't help because X3 is mostly limited to one core.
Ok thanks. I was afraid this will be the case.

Slothdemon
x3ap

Post by Slothdemon » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 22:00

Hey, I'm a bit new here, so this was probably already answered, but I cannot find it; How do you set the Hotkeys for the 'MILITARY INTELLIGENCE NETWORKS'?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 22:42

Have a look at Options, Controls, Interface.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”