[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 11:17

Here is the final design of XRM stats, parsed from current 1.30 game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8f37er7tx6a9 ... 0.zip?dl=0
Next I will work on fixing the tooltips for main guns and reordering the table a bit.

Azher23
x3tc

Post by Azher23 » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 09:50

I was Wondering. How do i replace ship models in XRM i want to use the three M7 Yaki models from Cadius pack

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 10:50

Azher23 wrote:I was Wondering. How do i replace ship models in XRM i want to use the three M7 Yaki models from Cadius pack
You can makeup a new cat/dat pack that has just the ships you want, then use the xeditor2 to alter the ship stats to use the new models instead of the old ones. However be sure you also have proper scene files with correct turret placements etc.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 05:57

@Paul or anyone knowledgeable

So I'm just trying to dabble at some modifications myself, and wonder:

1) For the repair ships / in sector command (adapted from Graxter's?), where is the text file located? I want to try and add a set of wing commands but can't seem to find where to modify it.

2) I cheated in the fancy new Argon Shipyard for myself to use, and realized that I can't dock my HUGE SHIPS (and m6?) at it. But if I change its ownership to someone else, it works. Any way I can make this change locally to enable docking of my other ships for player-owned?

Cheers
I fly an OWP. What about you?

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 16:13

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:
2) I cheated in the fancy new Argon Shipyard for myself to use, and realized that I can't dock my HUGE SHIPS (and m6?) at it. But if I change its ownership to someone else, it works. Any way I can make this change locally to enable docking of my other ships for player-owned?

Cheers
Not sure if it makes a difference but many of the docks have two versions, the one that is sold and a type that is for AI only I am guessing. When you cheat them in the list will show something like:

Federal Argon Shipyard 25000
Federal Argon Shipyard 25001

I think the 01 version is the AI only one, try spawning one of each and you can quickly test if that is the problem.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Mon, 27. Apr 15, 14:33

feygan wrote:
Mad_CatMk2 wrote:

Cheers
Not sure if it makes a difference but many of the docks have two versions, the one that is sold and a type that is for AI only I am guessing. When you cheat them in the list will show something like:

Federal Argon Shipyard 25000
Federal Argon Shipyard 25001

I think the 01 version is the AI only one, try spawning one of each and you can quickly test if that is the problem.
I know of the '01' versions of the docks, but there seem to be only the 25000 Shipyard variant.

Yet for the same physical shipyard in game, when owned by AI I can dock all classes of ships, but when owned by me I can't dock the previously mentioned ones :?
I fly an OWP. What about you?

weltall2
x3ap

Post by weltall2 » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 05:43

leoriq wrote:Here is the final design of XRM stats, parsed from current 1.30 game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8f37er7tx6a9 ... 0.zip?dl=0
Next I will work on fixing the tooltips for main guns and reordering the table a bit.
Oh thank you so much for your hard work. You are a savior indeed! I really wanted an offline version of it :D It looks perfect!

ziggyzack1234
x3tc

Post by ziggyzack1234 » Fri, 1. May 15, 16:37

Is any of the vanilla universe changed in XRM. After playing for years I know most of the universe by heart. Mainly I'm asking if any gates were moved connecting vanilla AP sectors.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 1. May 15, 17:05

There are some additional connections between sectors. You can view an updated map here.

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Mon, 4. May 15, 01:22

I went to Ocracoke's Storm, looking to cap an Appollox and I came across one of those rare "unknown object" m6s! just as I entered the system I saw it take out an m1. It was under fire from the Yaki and had half hull it's shields were down and the Yaki were distracting it well enough, so I decided to hack it and I ACTUALLY CAPTURED IT :D it even had all of it's beams still functioning. 5k quantum tubes of repair later it's 100 percent and sitting at an EQ dock while I decide what to do with it. What luck :D

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 4. May 15, 10:05

Wow, you're really lucky! Now you got the by far most deadly M6 in the game. Congratulations!

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Tue, 5. May 15, 22:19

I just had a quick question... If I use the no-steam option - which I pretty much have to do, will steam still keep track of how much time I have played?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 5. May 15, 22:20

No, it won't.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Wed, 6. May 15, 17:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote:No, it won't.
I see... Well is there any reason to not use steam at this point? The game hasen't received an update from steam in years and I doubt it ever will so I won't have to worry about steam overriding the files. Right?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 6. May 15, 17:46

Well, actually Bernd announced just recently that there may be another patch for X3TC/AP.

Apart from that, there's always the chance that Steam checks game files, when being in online mode. As long as the mods you have installed only add additional files everything should be fine. However, if original game files are replaced, Steam will notice this and overwrite the mod files with the original game files again. And this is what you usually don't want to happen.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Wed, 6. May 15, 17:59

I am using XRM and I'm pretty sure that means core files are being overridden. I have never seen steam activate the file system check by itself. So I guess if I never tell it to it never will?

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Wed, 6. May 15, 18:23

are you aware
http://www.strikingsoftware.com/forum/index.php
says that the account is suspended?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 6. May 15, 18:31

Arlex wrote:I am using XRM and I'm pretty sure that means core files are being overridden.
Yeah, sure. But most of these files are put into additional catalog files (cat/dat), which, as far as I know, are not touched by Steam. Only if existing files are replaced - for example scripts in the "scripts" folder, which are stored outside of the catalog files - Steam gets active.
Arlex wrote:I have never seen steam activate the file system check by itself. So I guess if I never tell it to it never will?
Try it, but expect the worst. ;) I can only tell you what people reported before. Of course, there's always a chance that updates of the Steam Client itself have changed behaviours of Steam, which were "known" before. But then again, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Wed, 6. May 15, 19:45

Eh, I think ill just go with the no steam method. I would like steam to keep track of play time but knowing my luck I will get 300+ hours in and something stupid will happen to screw up my game.

Thanks for your input.

Holkin

Post by Holkin » Fri, 8. May 15, 12:47

I'm a few years late to the party, but are player ships able to receive a bounty?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”