[X3LU] Satellites Monitoring 1.8

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 20:04

:headbang: Did I make mistakes again?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 20:23

I won't upload my files to other hosting websites just for one person. I'm tired of registering everywhere.

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Mon, 15. Jun 15, 01:23

Well, in the spirit of this being a helpful community, would you give permission for someone else to do it for our friend here?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 15. Jun 15, 08:26

For the greater good and the holy community, I allow you to do whatever you want with my mods.

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 27. Jun 15, 19:17

And now comes the 1.2 ! With data updated in real time. That gives a more "monitoring" feeling.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 07:10

Thanks!
This script is very useful to me.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 13:58

Great script! Wish fulfilled.
Unfortunately even on my top of the line PC the stuttering spoils all the fun (remap with almost full map, checked versions 1.2b and 1.1b - same effect).
If it comes from the script constantly interrogating the state of the LU then I think the scan should be provided on request only and not interfere with normal operation which is stressed enough as it is.
Satalite monitoring is a great thing... but only if the game remains playable :)

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 01:53

I've given this a good go now. It's really quite useful at reducing some of the tedium of scanning for enemies/loot. Thank you for this good work, it's very useful indeed.

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 04:35

This script is the best thing that happened to me since Teyla Emmagan.

Thanks for making my X3-life even more awesome <3

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 17:38

SickArgon wrote:Great script! Wish fulfilled.
Unfortunately even on my top of the line PC the stuttering spoils all the fun (remap with almost full map, checked versions 1.2b and 1.1b - same effect).
If it comes from the script constantly interrogating the state of the LU then I think the scan should be provided on request only and not interfere with normal operation which is stressed enough as it is.
Satalite monitoring is a great thing... but only if the game remains playable :)
JoubJoub:

You can probably fix this by throwing in a return null on the changeline condition at the top of the .SM script. Saw the stutter in Willfe's stream too.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 18:30

Yep, thanks, I'll have to look into it... I promised myself to do it this week, but uh... yeah, later :)

EDIT : you mean this right ? :

Code: Select all

do if $changeline
  return null
It's already there.

willfe
x4

Perhaps offer a toggle for realtime scanning?

Post by willfe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 13:06

One possibility to improve performance would be to offer a toggle that enables or disables realtime scanning. When realtime scans are disabled, a scan would only happen when the panel is first opened and/or when an optional "scan now" menu item is selected.

Just a thought. It's still a very useful script and I don't intend to remove it from my game :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 13:13

Before I real-timed this, it was already stuttering. I tried some stuff yesterday, but without good results. I'll have to dig deeper. I won't give the possibility for the user to have it in real-time or not, it's not his decision, but mine, and I say that it should work in real time :)

Hey, you're using mods now Will (other than LU) ! Congrats ! :)

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 14:51

Well, that stuttering must not necessarily has something to do with the real-time display. Meaning that after the monitor is called upon then stuttering is not that important or at least tolerable as one is just scanning through tables and sector views. But somehow the scripts cause stuttering while they should just be dormant in background. Busy works they are. :o Evil never sleeps. :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 15:03

What ? You mean that it stutters even when the menu is not open ? Because that is not what I'm talking about ; stutters never happen when the menu is closed in my game.

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 19:22

Yes.

When I played LU with remap mod and satellites in most sectors the game stuttered. The stutter stopped after uninstalling sat monitoring. :o

Admittedly, in vanilla LU I'm playing now (exactly for the reason to use your wonderful script :) ) a slight stutter occurs when menu is open only. At least until now with not many fleets around.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 19:34

Maybe there's a problem with the remap mod. Even though I doubt it. Anyway, my mod does nothing when the menu is not open. The menu calls itself every second, and every second I scan for all sectors, search for your satellites, then collect data. In 1000 ms, a CPU is able to do that without stuttering ; the problem is elsewhere.

Please check the global tasks menu in the script editor while your in-game. In the player console, hit "s". If you see hundreds of shit, that could be it. But I never had a single problem in hours of game testing, so again, I doubt it.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 01:37

Nice script... I just this for first time to try and jump to a derelict.
well, for some reason I don't have a jump drive now and it's flying me there.
when I hit Backspace to stop or turn it still keeps going.
when it entered another sector... I was able to break auto pilot... but still was stuck at max speed.

only this script installed with clean LU.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 08:33

@Joelnh : thanks, it is fixed now in the 1.3.

The 1.3 also brings performance improvements. In fact, it took me longer to improve performance than to write the whole script.
Now the script scans the universe only when you open the menu, then collect data from your satellites every 5 seconds. Everybody is happy !
Last edited by Joubarbe on Mon, 20. Jul 15, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 10:20

Very useful script is now very useful and smooth script.
Thanks for your work.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”