[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 02:14

Gorium wrote:Amazing results in game so far....

Does this mod create more Xenon and Khaak random spawns in sectors? I seem to have a lot more in this new game than I had last game.

Nice seeing all the Rearguard in action though, good work.
Thanks!

Nah, Xenon and Khaak aren't affected in any way. Maybe you're using Improved Races, or it could be that you've just been playing for longer, as more and better enemies spawn in the vanilla game as your Fight Rank increases (I think).

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 22:46

Most likely it's just coincidence. You're noticing the ships more because they happen to be randomly spawning in or near sectors you are watching.

Another possibility is that the Military Bases which are perenially understaffed (like the Teladi base in Merchant Haven which constantly loses ships to Q-raids) are able to respond better because they can draw on the reserve ships. This means that attacking Xenon and Khaak in their sectors get destroyed in a far more timely manner; meaning that they tend to congregrate in these sectors less and start their respawn timers sooner.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 05:35

Update v1.2

:arrow: Added a bunch more options to the menu and reorganised it a bit. You can now directly control the Rearguard token settings in the advanced options. If you dare play with it, please let me know what the effect is, especially if you find a better set of values than the default for some scenario.

:arrow: AI updates: patrolling ships will restock even more often; M8/M7M will restock as soon as they've shot their wad; carriers will restock with fighters (using Rearguard tokens) when restocking at their homebase; ships will be equipped with Jumpdrive when restocking at homebase; Jumpdrive will be used, with ships refuelling first if possible/preferable; carrier management is much much better...

:arrow: ... plus a gazillion other bugfixes and AI upgrades. Inparticular, there was a bug in the assignment of ships to threats, so responses should now be more proportional sooner.

Don't forget to hit 'Install/update' in the menu to apply the AI changes more rapidly.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 15:33

Hi mate, Excellent script, and really enjoying using it.

Noticed though that races are using other races ships. e.g. split millitary base in ginns escape had several ships that were of boron and argon origin under split control, would it be possible to alter this so that they only use there own ships? or create an option where they can call reserves in from allied races? eg argon/boron, split/teladi?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 16:29

spacefueladdict wrote:Hi mate, Excellent script, and really enjoying using it.

Noticed though that races are using other races ships. e.g. split millitary base in ginns escape had several ships that were of boron and argon origin under split control, would it be possible to alter this so that they only use there own ships? or create an option where they can call reserves in from allied races? eg argon/boron, split/teladi?
I noticed this as well... But if you look at the name it doesn't have the word 'Rearguard' in, which means this plugin didn't spawn it, GOD did. I.e. in the vanilla game there are some military ships that are of another origin. Strange, but I think adds a bit of spice. Another wierd one I saw yesterday was a 'Argon Military Colossus Hauler' spoken fully by Betty as well, very strange.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 05:28

In the config menu it lists all the token related values as being 'null.' I presently have Improved Races disabled via the plugin manager if that's where it was supposed to draw the values from...What should I enter as reasonable values instead of just leaving them null?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 06:38

Alkeena wrote:In the config menu it lists all the token related values as being 'null.' I presently have Improved Races disabled via the plugin manager if that's where it was supposed to draw the values from...What should I enter as reasonable values instead of just leaving them null?
Hmm, that is strange... The default values are 200 max, 100 regen amount, 7200 regen time, 7200 patrol time. I think that's all of them.

As you suspected in your PM, I've been a bit busy with RL. Which is annoying because...

I've actually nearly completed a major update to this plugin, with massively enhanced response AI and carrier management, as well as the option for Xenon Military Bases (which will invade and wipe out everything in sectors moving radially outward from Xenon sectors) and an option to enable sector invasions (which by default just involves races 'cleaning' Xenon sectors, unless another 3rd party script modifies notoriety settings to make other races enemy to each other).
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 06:52

Thanks =)

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 06:59

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
I've actually nearly completed a major update to this plugin, with massively enhanced response AI and carrier management, as well as the option for Xenon Military Bases (which will invade and wipe out everything in sectors moving radially outward from Xenon sectors) and an option to enable sector invasions (which by default just involves races 'cleaning' Xenon sectors, unless another 3rd party script modifies notoriety settings to make other races enemy to each other).
Oh wow, it just dawned on me what you meant--are you actually putting together reasonable carrier group AI? That would be absolutely amazing if so!

Even if that's not quite what you meant, it still sounds interesting. =)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 00:11

Major update v2.0

After a huge amount of frustration and lengthy testing, v2.0 is finally ready. This is a major update - the code is several times larger than the previous version - with many many "under-the-hood" tweaks, as well as some extra features:

:arrow: Invasion mode allows Recon ships to signal invasions of enemy sectors. In vanilla the only enemy is the Xenon - oh and Terran, though they don't seem to do as much invading. If you use a sector takeover script and are an enemy to a race... watch out. Hopefully someone will release a plugin that allows players to tune race/race notoriety settings - I would do it, but I don't have much time these days.

:arrow: Xenon Military Bases can be enabled via an AL plugin. The Xenon will aggressively defend their territory and attempt lay waste to surrounding sectors. Xenon can use Rearguard tokens, which can be set to a multiple of the other races in order to increase/decrease difficulty - the default is x2.

Check the OP for more details and an updated screenshot of the configuration menu. Also, please do let me know what you all think with regards to balance, AI behaviour, compatibility and performance...
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 12:20

I installed the v2 and the ai started to attack some xenon sectors, the problem is that I went with them for the attack, the problem is that when I entered in the sector the games was almost done, they had to destroy just 2 xenon bases, while they were shooting the game slowed down to something like a fpm (frames for minute) and after they destroyed the first base the commonwealth ships started to shoot and the game slowed down even more. I noticed there were a good amount of abandoned ships (this must be due to the bailing addon script) but what I can't understand is why the split and argon started to shoot each other causing the game to collapse.
I have a savegame just before enter the sector if you need it

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 13:38

Ok, started a new game (im back for a bit, yay) with 2.0. In scale Plate Green i sat there for about 2 hours killing the Relay then went and did a few of the terrain missions. Looked back at Scale Plate Green (had a few sats up) and saw this.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/x3screen00002.bmp

Did a uninstall and it cleared em out but then repopulated em right away.
Turned on debug and seen some of this.

Code: Select all

x.sig.killed.scout@Xenon Relay N[XM5YN-28](Scale Plate Green) of Xenon Sector 347 index=-1: scout dead, killed by null, spawning replacement Xenon Relay N

scout.callbase@Xenon Relay N[XM5VL-79](Scale Plate Green): no nearby military base
Now i had the bases enabled. I also had the rabbit spawn of them in, Eightteen Billion, Nopileo's Memorial, Black Hole Sun and Thyn's Abyss.

I am running RRF, and Pirate guild (serial kicked).

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/x3screen00003.bmp
Thats after about 2 minutes of gameplay.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/log01002.txt
Theres my log file. Towards the last part of it i did do a uninstall, but said F4 instead since i need sleep.

I do have a ton of scripts running, but i didnt have this problem with the earlyer version. Ill can try some tests tommorow after dentist apointment. The only thing i did was update this, went to RC2 and started a new game.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 16:25

On the plus side you could probably go up a few rep levels if you just waited a bit and tossed a hammerhead in their general direction. =)

I'm installing 2.0 now (but will keep invasions/xenon bases off for the time being considering the above) and let you know how it goes. Thanks for putting this together though--I much enjoyed the previous version.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 16:54

Eeek!!! OK, I've taken the link down for now and won't sleep til I've figured out what could cause all this. Sorry about that. Thanks for the reports.

Spent hours and hours testing including overnight runs as well. Just goes to show that nothing is truly tested until it's released.

EDIT: @Thrandisher - I take it you enabled the AL plugin and it started doing this? From the looks of the log it seems as if no Xenon Military Bases were spawned for some reason, which is obviously a case I hadn't considered in the spawning of the Relay ships. Are you running a mod that changes the galaxy map?

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 17:56

If I can help you in anyway with debugging don't hesitate to ask :)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 19:05

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
EDIT: @Thrandisher - I take it you enabled the AL plugin and it started doing this? From the looks of the log it seems as if no Xenon Military Bases were spawned for some reason, which is obviously a case I hadn't considered in the spawning of the Relay ships. Are you running a mod that changes the galaxy map?
Ya, im running/useing litcube's flatmap. I have a little bit of time that ill try a few things while i make coffee and try to wake up.

Would the xenon military bases show up on scrops map?

I am not sure if it started doing this if i enabled the plugin or not. I did enable it pretty soon after starting the game. I started a new game, went from omicron lyrae to scale plate green (2 warps tot he left) and they were being rabbits.

Ok, off to test and make coffee for a few!

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 19:10

I don't know if its a bug or not but even if I selected the uninstall option from the script I keep to receive the notifications about invasions and such things...

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 20:24

Well ive tried a bunch of things and i cant reproduce that from the start of a game. The only thing i can think of is it was error between keyboard and chair the first time.

If i start a new game i useally have to do 2 or 3 save and loads for everything to start up. I *might* have loaded, saved to soon one time, where as scripts might not have fully loaded and initialized.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/2log01002.txt

As you can see, everying looks fine (i think).
Anyways,im not sure what else i can look at/try but im outa here for about 4 hours for a few things.

@Life Bringer: I tried that myself, it went and removed my 7 trillian ships, i saved right away, reloaded, then they started in again. Wasnt sure if that was a bug or not myself. Thanks for bringing that up.

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 20:36

Damn this looks pretty interesting.. :) Nice work, waiting for the Fix to download it :) Would it be today? I cant wait :D

greetz
Lifeforce87

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 21:14

Bugfix update v2.0.1

Since I'm feeling embarrassed, I'm putting the new version for download here for anyone daring enough to test, and leaving it off the main page for a while. I've done some stress testing myself and everything seems to be in order, but then, I did that before, so...

DOWNLOAD

:arrow: Better support for uninstall. Ships respawned during/after uninstall will immediately dismantle at nearest shipyard. Also, Recon requests to Military Bases will not be serviced (hence no notification) during/after uninstall.

:arrow: Fixed bug causing progressive slowdown of game (wing task was being started again and again on progressively higher task ids).

:arrow: Added checks to make sure Xenon Relay scouts don't respawn if there are no Xenon Military Bases available.

Thanks for all the offers to help test. Please do download this latest version if you dare and let me know what you think.
Last edited by ThisIsHarsh on Wed, 2. Sep 09, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”