[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 07:52

Greetings! I've been using the Complex Cleaner mod for about a week now with no issues. I've been able to use all the commands (drop, relocate, crunch, etc.) without much difficulty. Fantastic mod for sure.

However, tonight something odd has started to happen. The "drop" command no longer works. The situation is this:

1. TL is in the same system as me.
2. TL has multiple factories in its cargo hold
3. I run the "drop" command and select the TL
4. I receive a message indicating 0 factories are built and that 9 factories are still inside the TL.

Now, some other info that may be relevant: I am using XRM mod (but I've been using it since the time Complex Cleaner functioned as I expected). Furthermore, I am in a sector I claimed use the STO takeover script from Trickmov. Finally, the sector may be a custom sector added by XRM (but I think I've used it in these types of sectors before).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as its fairly inconvenient to build large complexes and having to place each station and watch the video of it building, etc. Thank you!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 08:07

Try it in another sector (including a sector in which it worked before).

Also try dropping from the TL. Either from the Command Menu (Special, maybe?) or the Freight Menu.

Have you added any other scripts or mods recently?

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 08:12

DrBullwinkle wrote:Try it in another sector (including a sector in which it worked before).

Also try dropping from the TL. Either from the Command Menu (Special, maybe?) or the Freight Menu.

Have you added any other scripts or mods recently?
I tried it in another sector and, sure enough, it worked. I should have thought of trying that first. Thanks Doctor; I appreciate the fast reply!

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:36

Loving the mod, but I noticed today that my factories after crunching are using significantly more resources than they should be. For Example I created a Typhoon Missile Factory and it should only be using 100 Nostrop / Cycle and it is using 500 / cycle. My High Energy Plasma Thrower is using 2400 Meatsteak Cahoonas / Cycle but should only be using 480. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can fix it?

Before:
[ external image ]

After:
[ external image ]
Last edited by Mosthula on Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:46

How many Typhoon factories are in the module? Five?

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:51

I only put one in there. But looking at the after image I see production 5x. I only ever added one factory.
Last edited by Mosthula on Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:52

If you crunched five Typhoon factories, then that would account for the consumption that you see.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 11. Feb 14, 13:58, edited 2 times in total.

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:52

Sorry I have tons of factories in the module. I only have one Torpedo factory.

[ external image ]

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 22:11

After some additional testing this is happening for factories with a Production of 1x. The material usage gets multiplied by 5 on these after crunching. Looking at the script code itself to see if I can figure it out.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 22:17

Mosthula wrote:After some additional testing this is happening for factories with a Production of 1x. The material usage gets multiplied by 5 on these after crunching.
That is interesting, but not really surprising. It makes some sense that resource requirements relate to the size of the module, rather than to the number of factories in the module. The smallest module size is 5, so it all fits.

Crunching a single factory... now *that* I find more difficult to explain. ;)

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 23:12

Any thoughts on how I could fix this? It is greatly inflating my resource requirements in my giant crunched complex. And sorry if I was misleading but I was never crunching a single factory. I was crunching a new factory into my large complex.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 23:28

Mosthula wrote: I was crunching a new factory into my large complex.
I understand *what* you are doing. I just do not understand *why*. :)

I cannot think of any reason to crunch a single factory (whether or not you have other factories in your module container).

As for how to fix it, I am not 100% certain that this will work, but you could try:
  • Break the complex (if you have one) by destroying the complex hub. Obviously, undock any ships (and save your game) before destroying the hub.
  • Use the station command to self-destruct the "bad" module(s).
  • Build five new Typhoon factories.
  • Crunch.
  • Reconnect the modules.
If that process works, then it is an easy solution. You sacrifice your single Typhoon factory, but that is cheap to replace. The hardest part is re-connecting all of the modules in your relatively large complex.

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 23:58

The only reason is because I don't want to have a million factories eating up my terrible framerate, by crunching even single factories down I reduce the number of polygons that are being rendered. I'll give your suggestions a try and I guess worst case scenario I keep these single factories separate.

Do you think there is something in the script I could do to fix it? I've already started digging into the script but i'm not sure how the factory size relates to the wares in the factories.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 00:01

OK, there you go... a perfectly good reason to crunch single factories.

Kaplah.

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 02:57

DrBullwinkle where are the ware quantities for factories stored? TFactories only has a little bit of information about the factories in it. If I could change the base amounts then I could accomplish my goal without much fiddling.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 23:18

I have never tried to tinker with resources, but most of that kind of thing is controlled by Relative Value and non-script code ("hardcoded").

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 05:58

Ya, after digging around a bit it looks like you are correct. The ware you are consuming has a static consumption rate based on the size of your factory and the value of the ware itself. What I don't get is why the script takes the factories with a production of 1 and converts them to a production of 5. This is basically the reason for the issue. Your suggestion of just compacting 5x factories will most likely fix the issue but then I have to expand my production base.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 06:10

DrBullwinkle wrote:It makes some sense that resource requirements relate to the size of the module, rather than to the number of factories in the module. The smallest module size is 5, so it all fits.

Mosthula
x4

Post by Mosthula » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 20:30

DrBullwinkle wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote:It makes some sense that resource requirements relate to the size of the module, rather than to the number of factories in the module. The smallest module size is 5, so it all fits.
For some reason this statement didn't click the first time around. Now that I have my head around the topic a little better it's all making sense now. This is simply a limitation because all factories get compressed into the single parent Module. Thanks for helping me understand the issue.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 20:34

Happy to help. I'm glad you got your mystery solved.
  • (I would call it the "design" of the script... I don't really see it as a "limitation".

In any case, for most complexes, most players probably would never notice such a small difference in resource requirements. It would get lost in the "noise" of the overall requirements of the complex..)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”