[SCRIPT] Utilize and Repair Debris v3.01 03/08/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ttheobald
x4

Here's the page

Post by ttheobald » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 14:48

http://x1tp.com/root/index.php?option=c ... 64&cid=720

Get to the "Download" tab to pull the file.

T

zanrivers

Post by zanrivers » Thu, 17. May 12, 02:50

thank you... seems like the original link is already expired. :thumb_up:

TeamKHI

Having link issues.

Post by TeamKHI » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 10:08

I'm looking for the original (1.3?) versions for X3:R specifically, I cannot find anything anywhere, scoured google for almost 2 hours, and none of the links in here lead anywhere any longer... if anyone has the originals, PLEASE let me know, I'd love to have them back... I had them once before, but my external HDD they were on got ganked while I was moving, and I've only recently re-aquired the game on steam, DYING to get back into it, but without the ability to do something productive with debris, the game feels... odd.

PS: I also have a site of my own, if anyone has anything they're fearing may possibly go extinct due to filefront, mediafire, etc going link-stupid, let me know I'll *HAPPILY* host em for you.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sat, 18. May 13, 01:35

Once again I missed it through all the other posts that it is dead. I found the post on page 8! Did the search on X1tp and downloaded it. Cycrow's confirmed it anyway!
Kandros wrote:For those who dont have it and would want it "x1tp.com" still has it up and downloadable, you just have to look it up. If you like you can send me a message and i can send you the direct link to the page or i can email the file to you. Your choice, cheers.
What I get for assuming that the last posts have the final say. Thanks Dr. B for the education. And others. I've learned more about the X-verse these past few days than I have in the past year.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 18. May 13, 10:39

Last post was nearly a year ago on here jessterg, you must be running close to a necro mention :twisted:
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 18. May 13, 10:52

Vayde, that's just mean. :)

Jessterg finally posted on the correct thread and should be thanked for it!
  • (Besides, there isn't really such a thing as necro posting on this forum, where posting in the correct thread is encouraged. The necro silliness is unique to the Universe forum.)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 18. May 13, 15:49

Well you learn something new every day :)

Thanks for the update Dr B.
Still life in the old dog yet...

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sat, 18. May 13, 18:55

Vayde wrote:Last post was nearly a year ago on here jessterg, you must be running close to a necro mention :twisted:
Tell me about it. I just assumed that XenonJ who authored the script and x420tokesalot who converted it no longer was interested in the X-verse being as vayde mentioned the age and nobody getting a response. XenonJ I found after trying to google him/her to get them to fix the troubled link is from a country that has a weird alphabet. I assume tokesalot is an english speaking persom.
I obviously missed that one post on page eight as so many people did. How many days have we been at this business and how many people viewed my original post? I no longer feel like an idiot. I actually now feel most excellent about slogging my way up the hill in four feet of snow and now can enjoy the ride down!

Did I mention I really love the debris_repair_utilization script? Well, I really love my script and will wait ever-so impatiently for that salvager to complete his nearly sixteen hours repair time of the station debris.
Thanks to all.
Jesster.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 18. May 13, 19:03

I am glad that you got it working, jessterg!
  • (BTW, the link for the script is also in the first post at the top of this page. That is one of the reasons why posting in the correct thread is a good habit -- because then you may notice that sort of thing.)

X3 has been around for a long time. When scripts are developed to the point of being mostly bug-free, it is not uncommon for their threads to become quiet. That does not mean that the author is gone for good -- it just means that there has not been much to talk about.

As a general tip, always check the last page of a thread for updates or current information or new links. Sometimes the last two or three of pages. If that fails, then post on that thread so that the author (and other people who follow the thread) can help you.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sun, 19. May 13, 05:04

Guess who's back, y'all? It's Xenon J returned in the flesh (so to speak). He has replied in my original thread. I PMed him about taking his updated script to this thread. G'night.

MassterJ
x4

repair debris/ abandonned stuff with mod and script (x3 TC actually)

Post by MassterJ » Wed, 22. May 13, 18:43

Hello to all i actually test a few a very nice script for repair the abandonned or destroyed stuff you can found for exemple at President's end sector.
the name of this script is :

Utilize and Repair Debris

it's work great with x3 TC 3.2c i test today with x3 AP 3.0 because i use a mod with x3 nammed X3 rebalanced mod XRM and they just update it for AP3.0

so ... i just have a question about this script if anyone use it that's can be very helpfull

the first question is easy i know we can found others debris in other sectors but anyone know wich sectors please? then i can take a look and test the script in other sectors too

and the next question is more hard but i hope i can have help ....

i have a sector nammed Dark Space Cluster it's a terran one and i'm not sure .... but probably it's only included on the mod XRM (if not i'm sorry i didn't play the game from the version 2.5 .... before yesterday)
and i found a destroyed portal in this sector it's seem the script don't work with this portal but anyone have tested or used another script on it?

the portal can be repaired ???

Have fun all and see you soon

MasterJ

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 22. May 13, 18:48

Please ask questions about a specific script/mod always in its thread.

**merged**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Xenon J

Re: repair debris/ abandonned stuff with mod and script (x3 TC actually)

Post by Xenon J » Thu, 23. May 13, 11:59

I moved Link and description to correct topic

Debris.Repair for X3TC 3.2, ver. 2.1

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23553003 ... nglish.rar

It's a new version 2.1 made for TC. The main innovation is that it allows to work not only with debris like in President end, but all others, which are the result of station killing. They also can be repaired and utilized.
Also it allows to dismantle the advertising posters, which are rested after station destruction. It doesn't work near non-destructed stations, because it is a theft. :D
And, of of course, gates also can be restored. They are repaired by pair and connect together after rebuilding. Very interesting combination with Xenon hub.

My grateful thanks to biOnik from the same site as me for decision of the key problem - how to lock the target on other debris.

Unfortunately, my English is far from perfect, so forgive me my mistakes. You can correct text file if it is needed.
Anyway, I'll try to explain how does it work.

So, after installation a new command in special commands (Debris repair and util) will appear on TS and TL ships. You must have Special command software. Command can be started in active sector. You must have debris as target or nothing.
Start the command and incoming request will be sent.
The first option - Activate/deactivate debris search - activates the search mode, it allows to set player tracking aim to debris of destroyed stations and posters. Activate the mode, move to debris (distance must be less then 5 km) or poster and wait a few seconds. Also you must have Special command software and you must have nothing as target. Aim will be set on the nearest object.
The second usage of it deactivates the search mode.
Debris in PE are taking to aim by the ordinal way.
All other options works when tracking aim is set on debris. I think they will be clear, because they almost didn't change from previous version . The distance is 5 km, for gates - 7.5 km.

Oh yea, I forgot to tell about important option - repair by several ships. It allows to use several TL\TS ships for repair. You can load resources there, install SCS 1 on each one and move them less than 5 km. And resources from their cargo bays will be used. So, the problem with cargo bay volume of the one ship, when you must use Mammoth is no more. You can use 4 Mistrals instead. All combination of all quantities of TS\TL are working.

So, that is all. Try to use. :wink:
Last edited by Xenon J on Thu, 25. Jul 13, 14:03, edited 2 times in total.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Thu, 23. May 13, 18:20

yes i mean gate this one is based on Dark Space Cluster just in front of the Darl Space stations but i think it's added by the mod. because i can do nothing with it.... badly.....

thanks for the answer

at least on this sector i have many Xenon debris ship but same i can do nothing with them i think these are added by the mod too

bah at least i can use the default debris of the game that's the most important.

Honved
x3tc

Re: repair debris/ abandonned stuff with mod and script (x3 TC actually)

Post by Honved » Thu, 23. May 13, 19:00

MassterJ wrote: the first question is easy i know we can found others debris in other sectors but anyone know wich sectors please? then i can take a look and test the script in other sectors too
MasterJ
I don't know if AP has the same debris locations as TC, but TC had debris in Wretched Skies (Split sector in lower left region of map) and in the Boron/Split border near the lower right corner of the map.

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Fri, 24. May 13, 12:49

MassterJ wrote: at least on this sector i have many Xenon debris ship but same i can do nothing with them i think these are added by the mod too

bah at least i can use the default debris of the game that's the most important.
In original games are a few debris of xenon ships, that can be repaired. It is #deca and Xenon J :D . Also there is "xenon ship debris", which I couldn't recognize. So, it'll be a Xenon K.
yes i mean gate this one is based on Dark Space Cluster
What's the sector? Coordinates?

And I am interested - does anyone try to repair destructed stations?

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 24. May 13, 15:36

Xenon J wrote:And I am interested - does anyone try to repair destructed stations?
In TC, I've fixed up a couple of stations, but most of them are of dubious value where they're located. Why rebuild Argon Wheat Farms, Cattle Ranches, and Cahoona Bakeries in Split/Boron territory, a dozen sectors from any Argon who would buy it in sufficient quantity to make it worthwhile? The Shipyard and Equipment dock would cost a mint to fix (still less than buying one), but the economic benefits of owning them aren't all that great.

It's really a pity that the mod doesn't randomize the debris somewhat, so those game-breakingly expensive Valhalla wrecks could be mostly assorted TS freighters, with a fair chance of a TP or TM, but with a smaller chance to find an M6 or TL, or even more rarely an M7, M1, or M2 class wreck. It would also help if the ships and stations in Split/Boron space were either Split, Boron, or Terran (weren't some of the regions originally Terran before the Xenon war?), not all Argon. Again, taking a few cues from the mod that randomly places abandoned ships, to place one or two other ship and station wrecks (from a short list of possibilities) could make things interesting.

The mod is "good", but misses out on the possibility to be "excellent" by having things the same each time.

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Fri, 24. May 13, 18:22

Honved wrote:
Xenon J wrote:And I am interested - does anyone try to repair destructed stations?
In TC, I've fixed up a couple of stations, but most of them are of dubious value where they're located. Why rebuild Argon Wheat Farms, Cattle Ranches, and Cahoona Bakeries in Split/Boron territory, a dozen sectors from any Argon who would buy it in sufficient quantity to make it worthwhile? The Shipyard and Equipment dock would cost a mint to fix (still less than buying one), but the economic benefits of owning them aren't all that great.
No, I'm talking about stations that were killed in game process. They can be of any type. Just look for them in sectors after enemy invasion. :wink:
It's really a pity that the mod doesn't randomize the debris somewhat, so those game-breakingly expensive Valhalla wrecks could be mostly assorted TS freighters, with a fair chance of a TP or TM, but with a smaller chance to find an M6 or TL, or even more rarely an M7, M1, or M2 class wreck.
You don' understand. It's NOT a mod, it's only a script. It doesn't change anything in the original map and doesn't add more debris than there are in the original universe. Don't upset, the Cahoona Bakeries and others can be used as base of complex (which can produce resources for repair) :wink: or you can look for other type (killed stations). Unfortunately, the last one have a limited lifetime after station destruction, so don't waste your time. For example, repair of Solar PP XL has a good economic benefits :wink:

I have a request to moderators to move my message with script description and link to download from here

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0&start=21

to the beginning of topic. It makes script location and discussion to be at the same place.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 24. May 13, 21:27

I tried to fix a destroyed-in-game station once, but it was removed before I scrounged up the resources to rebuild it. I wasn't sure it was possible, but intended to try.

That explains the behavior of the "mod", if it's a "script". I guess you're doing whatever you can with what you have to work with. The only behavior that I found "immersion breaking" was when I spotted something like a large Boron capital ship wreck, and it turned out that it was actually a Terran light fighter (found it in President's End). I don't "use" the features of this script all that often, but it's in every game I play, and just knowing that I CAN gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling.....

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Sat, 25. May 13, 08:18

Honved wrote:The only behavior that I found "immersion breaking" was when I spotted something like a large Boron capital ship wreck, and it turned out that it was actually a Terran light fighter (found it in President's End).
Are you sure? There is inly Boron M7 wreck in PE, and it's identified correctly.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”