[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 23:34

Any mod that touches the same files can not be run together with out bugs. Eg two mods that edit ships. So you will have to chose out of the mods you have listed what you want to play.

The plugin manger can only load one mod at a time, but you can use the method of false patching to get around the 1 mod limit check the sickies for some help with doing that.

About my mods, X2 Callback has my engine colours mod included so no need to use both, secondly my "killerog mod" has been replaced by the KOG mod. I also have a 4 in 1 mod that has both the Lusca and Thanatos in one mod (plus 2 more ships).

Check my sig for more details on all 4 mods.

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 01:55

Hi,
I m currently using the 'old' Plugin Manager v2.20, beta6. I desinstall it and install the Lite version I guess I will lose all the listing of the installed *.pck ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 02:18

Loner87 wrote:Hi,
I m currently using the 'old' Plugin Manager v2.20, beta6. I desinstall it and install the Lite version I guess I will lose all the listing of the installed *.pck ?
no u shouldn't lose anything, when u run lite, it'll convert the old data and continue to work with whatever u had installed before

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 15:45

I have just installed the program. When I launch it, the loadup screen "Loading Directory xxxX3TCwhere-ever-you-installed-it" stays foreever and the soft doesn't load properly (i think it has been here for 5 minutes now ^^). I installed the redistribuables (1st time not and it did not load up but whith a different error).

What am I supposed to do to solve that ? (already uninstalled / reinstalled)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 19:21

do u have many scripts/mods already installed ?

if not, u could try deleteing the pluginmanager folder from the game, this will lose the list you have installed, but should allow it to run again

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 03:36

39 installed scripts/mods which 15 are in .pck format. I would prefer to keep track of the one in .pck, I think it's for that i use an installer lol. Honestly, if you think there is no other way I will... ;)

stuw2k
x3ap

Post by stuw2k » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 12:41

forgive me if this has already been brought up/discussed/resolved or under investigation but, when installing (so far) any script packages eg Adv Jumpdrive, SCS or SEWN (all of which ive dl'ed straight from cycrow X3TC script page) it comes up with 'For Wrong Game, Requires: X3 Terran Conflict'

im using the non beta Lite manager, V3.0 of X3TC on DVD version (if that makes any difference).

Any suggestions?

Inras
x4

I have a problem..

Post by Inras » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 22:54

I use the X Plugin Manager 1.30 RC1 with X3:TC 3.00. It works fine
with one exception:

I can't instal XSP-ships. Don't know why.... because Win7 64? Or because
the gameversion 3.00? If I instal a ship like before with Win XP and 2.7.1, it
simply does not appear in the game. I have tried already a lot.
I've edited the Ships with the Creator - Tool (not XspConvert) and have
tryed to instal then. I have also tried older versions.......

Must I instal again Windows XP for use your Tool correctly`?

PS:
Yes my english is terrible ^^

EDIT:
It issn't Win7 and not the gameversion 3.00. It was one of the Mods.
SRM or CMOD4...

wercho
x3tc

Post by wercho » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 00:15

stuw2k wrote:when installing (so far) any script packages eg Adv Jumpdrive, SCS or SEWN (all of which ive dl'ed straight from cycrow X3TC script page) it comes up with 'For Wrong Game, Requires: X3 Terran Conflict'
?
I have this same problem, but only with certain packages. My game is patched to 3.0 (DVD version) with Plugin manager 1.20.

I encounter this problem with some of Cycrow's own scripts, FDN from Logain Abler, and maybe some others I can't remember right now.

More specifically, what happens is this:
I try to install a package.
It comes up with the standard description menu with the "wrong game" note.
I click install anyway. It appears in the list, and is enabled.
Exit Plugin Manager. Restart Plugin Manager,
.spk in question is no longer listed and does not work in-game.

I didn't have this problem with X3TC 2.5, and if I remember right it seemed to start with 2.7.

Thanks for your great work, Cycrow!

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 00:35

Use the 1.30 RC1 version NOT the 1.20 version. The SPK package was updated to a new format and mods that use it are not compatible with 1.20.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

stuw2k
x3ap

Post by stuw2k » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 14:49

TrixX wrote:Use the 1.30 RC1 version NOT the 1.20 version. The SPK package was updated to a new format and mods that use it are not compatible with 1.20.
yep problem solved for me, all installed SPK's have stayed there

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 02:17

I just have a question, is there any difference between running the game normally, or clicking the run game button in the mod manager? Maybe it initializes some things the first time that needs to be done? Cuz i've never clicked it XD

Also, where does the mod manager place the TWare files and such, straight in the Types folder i assume? Or in a fake-patch file?

I'm kinda confused because soooo many scripts SCREAM in their thread about "YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE EMP WARE blahblah", but then i always remember in this thread it states that "DONT DOWNLOAD ANY EMP, modmanager uses its own!".

Which is right? :)
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

BiancoAngelo7
x3tc

How to use more than one mod in selection tab?

Post by BiancoAngelo7 » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 14:28

I am currently using cycrow plugin manager, but two of my mods

Xtra ships

Immersive backgrounds

are selected by opening the "select mod" button when i launch the game

I cant figure out how to activate both mods at the same time, when I choose the xtra ships, it apparently deactivates the background mod and vice versa.

Anyone know how to solve this?

A while back I read something about fake patches, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but if it does can someone please explain what I need to do?

Thank you very much :)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 14:43

Supposing boths mod will not really conflict or modify the same things you can add mods to your game with the false patch method.

It is as easy as this:

In your x3tc directory there is a list of .cat and .dat files.

Supposing your last file of those is 12.dat and 12.cat

Rename your mods with the following numbers, which is 13.cat 13.dat, 14.dat & cat and so on and on.

all of that of course in the same x3tc directory.

And of course deselect any mods in the Select Mods menu as you are adding the new mods with this "other" method.

Just make sure those files are nor overwritten when there is a new official ego patch etc..

Just take into account that latest number has preference over previous files.

That is if your mod in 14.dat & 13.cat modifies specific files already modified in 13.dat & 13.cat, then the files that will really apply to the game will be 14.dat and 14.cat.

Get my meaning? Latest number first.

BiancoAngelo7
x3tc

Post by BiancoAngelo7 » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 18:44

Oh ok thanks!

I tried the method you suggested and my game is working at 100%

Thanks a lot for all the help, the people on this forum are by far the most polite and helpful I've ever seen in a game forum site. (maybe because the nature of the kind of person who likes a game like this)
:)

stig12
x2

help needed please

Post by stig12 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 14:21

Hi all

Please could someone help, over the last few days I have been playing x3R (its been years since I last played this game). I have had a lot of problems getting beck into this game, anyway this morning I brought the superbox and installed x3TC, now I would like to install Cycrow's cheatcollection but im having loads of problems doing this. First how do you install the spk file
I downloaded the plugin manager lite for x3r and thought that maybe I would need to do the same process, but I im unable to do this

1)I cant change the X Dir to show x3TC it only show x3R
2)I cant uninstall Cycrow's pluginmanager
3)I have uninstalled X3R thinking that if I installed the pluginmanager again it would overwrite and show X3TC but it does not work
So please could someone explain to a complete noob how to install the file

Big thanks for any help

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 14:55

You need to download the TC version of plugin manager. They are significantly different.

stig12
x2

Post by stig12 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 15:02

Sorry should of said the plugin is the lite version 1.20

ok here's the next thing just found that there is a pluginmanager inside the Egosoft folder but when i try and run it i get error failed to start because its side by side cinfig is incorrect , whats that all about ?
Last edited by stig12 on Thu, 21. Oct 10, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 15:06

You need to ask in that thread then. And in all likelihood, the answer is somewhere on the last 5 pages.

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 15:16

If you install mods through the plugin manager, how does it prioritize the order in which the cat/dat files are numbered if you have multiple mods and some are required to load before others? Is it through the order in which you install them?

thx

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”