Transcend II "reloaded" - update March 6, 2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 15:27

Why is this mod not in the stickies? I'm just checking the S&M from recently and I didn't even know the existence of this mod. I was counting on the completeness of the sticky, but I guess I was wrong...

TheDante
x3tc

Post by TheDante » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 17:13

costi wrote:As for MARS, sorry, got confused. "MARS Repair Drones" are on the mod list, not the whole MARS. still, is it possible to use said drones with TranscendII?
Install MARS without the "mods" and "types" folder the MARS package contains. Hull-repair works without the mod, but needs more CPU power. I use MARS without technical problems.
Enable MARS for the KI when using it and attack a Xenon Mothership :twisted: .

Dante
[ external image ]
TOTT Übersetzerteam
Storm + Universal + Ymir = FUN

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 17:51

vbruzual wrote:Why is this mod not in the stickies? I'm just checking the S&M from recently and I didn't even know the existence of this mod. I was counting on the completeness of the sticky, but I guess I was wrong...
Now submitted for inclusion in "Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict" sticky :)

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 18:10

I tried this mod at my brothers house because my pc is broken. ?? When i try to jump the game crashes back to desktop ?? :?
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 18:16

D_Zorro wrote:I tried this mod at my brothers house because my pc is broken. ?? When i try to jump the game crashes back to desktop ?? :?
Transcend has a completely new galaxy map, but providing you used the Installer for installation, there is absolutely nothing in the mod that would cause game crash.

Possibly some other mod/script is causing conflict?

Did you select Transcend from the TC "Select Mod Package" startup menu?
Last edited by Observe on Thu, 22. Oct 09, 18:27, edited 2 times in total.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 18:20

imperium3 wrote:@costi

AFAIK MARS is a script, not a mod. So it wouldn't show in the "select mod package" dialog anyway, but it should still run (assuming it IS compatible with Transcend anyway)
You can use Mars perfectly without the mod folder ( simply copy only /t - /type - /scripts folders on your TC directory ) [ I use Mars with Transcend without the mod folder and works perfetly ]

I don't know if we can use Mars cat/dat file like a fake patch
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 18:33

Observe wrote:
D_Zorro wrote:I tried this mod at my brothers house because my pc is broken. ?? When i try to jump the game crashes back to desktop ?? :?
Transcend has a completely new galaxy map, but providing you used the Installer for installation, there is absolutely nothing in the mod that would cause game crash.

Possibly some other mod/script is causing conflict?

Did you select Transcend from the TC "Select Mod Package" startup menu?
yes i used the installer. I can jump a few sectors then boom crash to desktop. I do have cheatmod installed from cycrow. Could not find if that was compatible ??
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 18:47

D_Zorro wrote:yes i used the installer. I can jump a few sectors then boom crash to desktop. I do have cheatmod installed from cycrow. Could not find if that was compatible ??
Which gamestart are you using?
Are you jumping via gates or jump command?
Is this happening in some particular sector? If so, which one?

I've never used Cycrow's cheat mod, but from what I understand, it should cause no problem.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 19:29

Observe wrote:
D_Zorro wrote:yes i used the installer. I can jump a few sectors then boom crash to desktop. I do have cheatmod installed from cycrow. Could not find if that was compatible ??
Which gamestart are you using?
Are you jumping via gates or jump command?
Is this happening in some particular sector? If so, which one?

I've never used Cycrow's cheat mod, but from what I understand, it should cause no problem.
lost in space, and i am using jump gates. I only have one jumpgate and that is north gate. don't know where it is heading since this is my first time using your mod.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 19:50

D_Zorro wrote:lost in space, and i am using jump gates. I only have one jumpgate and that is north gate. don't know where it is heading since this is my first time using your mod.
Just to ensure that the mod is indeed installed properly (for gamestart Lost in Space):

1. Starting sector is Mensa Curriculum
2. You see the "wormhole" in the beginning.
3. The M6 Corvette appears, followed by cutscene
4. The wormhole "flashes" and then disappears
5. You see the video telling about how the Fleet was sucked into the wormhole.

Please let me know if your startgame occurs with the above conditions.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 19:54

Observe wrote:
D_Zorro wrote:lost in space, and i am using jump gates. I only have one jumpgate and that is north gate. don't know where it is heading since this is my first time using your mod.
Just to ensure that the mod is indeed installed properly (for gamestart Lost in Space):

1. Starting sector is Mensa Curriculum
2. You see the "wormhole" in the beginning.
3. The M6 Corvette appears, followed by cutscene
4. The wormhole "flashes" and then disappears
5. You see the video telling about how the Fleet was sucked into the wormhole.

Please let me know if your startgame occurs with the above conditions.
yes that is exactly how it went, when the video is over i head to nearest jumpgate and fly through it, and then it crashes back to desktop.

I will try a full reinstall with no mods and see if it is still the same, but one question ?? Could you make the installer when you download the mod to save it on your hd instead ?? i just clicked remove mod without knowing it would completely remove it from my hd. Now i have to re-download :o

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 22:25

D_Zorro wrote:I will try a full reinstall with no mods and see if it is still the same
Yes, the best way to determine cause of this problem would be with a fresh "clean" install of X3 patched to 2.5. With "major" mods such as Transcend, it is best/ideal to start out with fresh game installation. This way you will know whether some errant mod/script is causing the issue you are having.
D_Zorro wrote:Could you make the installer when you download the mod to save it on your hd instead ?? i just clicked remove mod without knowing it would completely remove it from my hd. Now i have to re-download :o
Actually, the mod is saved to your hard drive....but the "Remove Mod" button does exactly that - it removes the mod (including from your hard drive). The "Standard" button will simply restore TC to "vanilla" operation, and the "Transcend" button will reconfigure X3 for Transcend operation. :wink:

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 21:58

Well... M6 OSR Evader Corvette still sending empty messages from "unknown" to me, like it was in previous version... Any fixes?

Awesome mod by the way, thanks!!!

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 22:42

karabAs wrote:Well... M6 OSR Evader Corvette still sending empty messages from "unknown" to me, like it was in previous version... Any fixes?

Awesome mod by the way, thanks!!!
Hello. And thanks.
The Corvette should not be sending any messages. There is no written md code for it to send messages. I did give it standard ship commands and its working well when you are notified when a task is completed.
Under what circumstances are you recieving the empty messages?
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 01:30

Stu Austin wrote:Under what circumstances are you recieving the empty messages?
stu
Sure. In Command Console for Corvette choose 'Yes' to "notify me when order completed" and order to dock to any station. After dock, you will receive an empty message from Unknown... Thanks.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 02:13

I've been having the Corvett dock at every station in Musca Dignas and the messages (notify me) are working like they should.
I am running no scripts or other mods. I'm testing this in the first gamestart, Lost in Space.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 04:05

Really nice... lots of new things!
How did you get that shot of the internals of the TP?

The M3 Evader MK7 is strikingly similar to Guri's Stinger :think:
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 05:46

M6 Evader Corvette
nice to fly but on auto it flys into the first large object....

Colision avodance is realy bad

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 06:09

StarCrack wrote:M6 Evader Corvette
nice to fly but on auto it flys into the first large object....

Colision avodance is realy bad
Collision avoidance has nothing to do with the mod.

Unfortunately there is little ours or any other mod can do about the hard-coded collision avoidance algorithms used by the game - which is arguably one of the most long-standing points of contention with the game.

The best "solution" is to not fall asleep at the wheel, but keep your eyes on where you are going - much like the "real" world. :wink:

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 06:20

was using them wing man for my infurno and they insist on flying in to every thing

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=258948

link to the colision avodance mod that can fix the problem, or at lest the changes that he made might

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”