ALERT! Version 1.4 of DDTC is available for download!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 23:44

Well...as with any mod..."it's done when it's done". Having said that, most of the V1 features are in and beta is starting to ramp up.

The determining factors impacting the release date are the number and severity of the bugs uncovered...and whatever interference RL throws in front of the Dev Team and beta testers :roll:

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 14:27

Apologies folks, I've been remiss in not keeping you updated on our progress. Things are going very well indeed!

Sorry for the delay between posts, but this is a huge mod, with tons of new ships & stations, cool new economic elements, drones (of course), lots of clever new scripts, new missions, and lots of new dialog. Whew...massive effort here folks!

We are now in the final stages of beta testing for Version 1 of DDTC, and hope to have our first internal Release Candidate out RSN (real soon now).

The good news is that all the content for V1 of DDTC is in, and the current build is fully functional.

To give you a sense of where we are in the development cycle, currently our final beta testing efforts are focused on three areas:
  • We have quite a few new missions in the mod, running on the seven custom shipyards, and on the Mercenary Asteroid base. While they all work as designed, we are still play-testing them to ensure they are interesting and well balanced.
  • We have a huge amount of new dialog text in support of our custom missions. Ensuring it all reads and plays correctly is a major effort 9and our primary focus), as we cannot produce our first RC until dialog testing has been completed.
  • finally, there are quite a few new script-based changes that smooth out and/or enhance game play, as opposed to simply adding new features. While they all work correctly, it is important that we play test them extensively to ensure the balance of the game is maintained.
Once we get through the final Beta Test phase, and start in on testing the RC, I'll post another update to keep you informed.

If anyone is interested in assisting us in testing the mod, and has a spare 4-6 hours per week to help us out, we'd be interested in hearing from you. The sign-up link is... DDTC Beta Test Sign-up
Last edited by DeadlyDa on Thu, 20. Aug 09, 22:23, edited 2 times in total.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 19:30

I have test time available .... 2-3hrs daily .... 8ish on the weekends.

Been playing since version 1.4 ... willing to reset to Vanilla & start anew

Limbo365
x3ap

Post by Limbo365 » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 02:10

Played ddrs,

was epic!

Have no doubt this will be too! :D

Will the defiant be making a return? :?
Hope so :)

Good luck guys! Cant wait!
Wanton Use of Nukes Blue Wing: Limbo
Quotes I like :-D
Klanthalas wrote:Who needs engineering when ya can just hit the control panel with a wrench
Gavrushka wrote:Huh, I'm no cheat, I'm not touching the infernal Springblossom I fly an unshielded Octopus with no upgrades and a damaged hull and when I want to take on a Xenon Q, I just hold my breath, roll down the window and throw pies at it..

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 04:15

@DeadlyDa: I wish you and your team all the very best success! :)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 15:32

Limbo365 / Observe,

Thanks for the kind words, it will be nice to start playing the game again instead of coding!

Observe: Ever since the outfit I work for asked me to relocate back up to NY from Wellington for another year or so...whenever I see "New Zealand" in your Info is like a knife in my heart :wink:

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 15:51

Observe wrote:@DeadlyDa: I wish you and your team all the very best success! :)
DeadlyDa wrote: Observe: Ever since the outfit I work for asked me to relocate back up to NY from Wellington for another year or so...whenever I see "New Zealand" in your Info is like a knife in my heart :wink:
It is good to see 'TITANS' getting along with each other :D

Cheers

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 16:02

DeadlyDa wrote:...it will be nice to start playing the game again instead of coding!
Yeah, well good luck with that. [ external image ]
DeadlyDa wrote:Observe: Ever since the outfit I work for asked me to relocate back up to NY from Wellington for another year or so...whenever I see "New Zealand" in your Info is like a knife in my heart :wink:
Same here when I see New Zealand in your Info. I remain "stuck" in Oregon for the forseeable future, but our common home is never far from my mind. [ external image ]

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 16:28

Looks to be amazing work, well done just on the scale of this mod.

Would you have any concerns if I release DDTC compatible versions of my FDN & SSDN mods?
They both rely on a modded hq & TDock file.

LA

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 19:10

any info/pics/work done on fighter craft?
--

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 00:39

KaZTek - there are quite a few pix over on our site. The link is in my sig.

I've always been pretty flexible in that regard. However Pelador has done a fair bit of work on various elements of the game, some of which might impact FDN and SSDN. It might be easiest if you drop by the site, and we can discuss over there.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 06:14

Your forums require registering. I'm trying to keep down the amount of user/pass I have to keep track of so I'm going to take your word for it.
--

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 15:12

The pics in the OP seem to be broken.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 20:03

Skite,

I just looked, and they are working for me. I'm using Firefox, but I tried IE and it works as well.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 20:10

KaZTek,

I'm sorry that registering is a blocking factor for you.

Unfortunately I had to spend the better part of 4 weeks rebuilding my forums (and the X-Wiki site) after the last time they were hacked.

You can blame the little kiddies that get their pleasure out of trashing other people's work...but the end result is there no way I'm going to allow access to my web sites without registration.

The mod will be out soon enough and who knows, I may post some additional pix of fighters at some point.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 22:31

I've registered and am currently playing the mod .... it's worth it :thumb_up:

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 04:15

KaZTek,

there are currently 22 custom fighter class ships in the DDTC mod, of which 5 have never before been seen by DDRS/DTC fans:
Teladi Talon M4+, Terran Silk M3+, Argon Bruiser M4 and Hammer M3+, and Paranid Spartan M4.

The others are from DDRS, but most have been retextured and/or radically re-spec'd.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 21:50

Hi all

Here are some pictures of ships that may or may not be in the mod depending on your reaction.I would like you to tell us which of this ships would you like to see in the game :)
Some of the ships have no name so if somebody have some sugestions it would be great hear.

Hope you will enjoy in pictures and remeber DDTC is thinking about you :D

Note:None of the ship isen't finish.The one ho manage to get in the mod will be retextured and remeshed so they will look even beter.

Live long and prosper

Terran M7 Ragnarok
[ external image ]
Paranid M2 Kronos
[ external image ]
Terran TL Magma
[ external image ]
Boron M2 Triton
[ external image ]
Yaki M6 Yuma
[ external image ]
Heavy M3
[ external image ]
ProjectA
[ external image ]
ProjectB
[ external image ]
ProjectC
[ external image ]
New M4
[ external image ]

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 1. Oct 09, 02:29

Wow! An amazing lineup Idea. Are all of these yours!? Your skills continue to get better and better.

Fyi, there is a concept ship I proposed yesterday at the xforum: Split Gorgon M3+ VHF, a super-heavy M3--an M3/M6 Hybrid--'light flak' gunship. 400Mj shielding, M4 level main guns; but 4-5 quad or double turrets for IRE,PAC,MD,PBE. She's designed to fly into fighter dogfight furballs..and shred enemy fighters/missles/drones with her turrets. Your 'Heavy M3' or 'Project B' would work perfectly.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 1. Oct 09, 10:01

Hieronymos wrote:Wow! An amazing lineup Idea. Are all of these yours!? Your skills continue to get better and better.

Fyi, there is a concept ship I proposed yesterday at the xforum: Split Gorgon M3+ VHF, a super-heavy M3--an M3/M6 Hybrid--'light flak' gunship. 400Mj shielding, M4 level main guns; but 4-5 quad or double turrets for IRE,PAC,MD,PBE. She's designed to fly into fighter dogfight furballs..and shred enemy fighters/missles/drones with her turrets. Your 'Heavy M3' or 'Project B' would work perfectly.
Thanks.Yes.All of these are mine :)

I would agree with you about new Gorgon,in fact I will make them look like Split ships so that they do fit for the role.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”