(Resolved) Windows 7: Please insert Original CD-Rom (Updated Drivers on Tages site)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 22:23

Just got another e-mail from TAGES.

Hello,

We received from you the notice that our protected software were not running under W7 for the disc version. We answered you that we will mail you when the development time will come to an end, time has come! We’ve been told that the gaming experience was better on the next to come OS, which is good for everyone.

We hope you’ll be able to enjoy it as well with our new version: you will find an update of our drivers at http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=5.5.htm

Please note that even if this is an official release, we do not officially support W7. Our tests show that first it works as expected for the officially supported OS (no regression), next it works for the pre-beta1 (6801) and beta1 (7000) whereas the previous version of our drivers didn’t work for the disc version. In case of problem, please be sure that it was definitely not intended and give us all input ASAP so we will be able to fix it in no time.

One can expect that it will also work for the next to come versions (B2, RC1, RC2, RTM), without guarantee: all these releases are made to give for you guys some taste on what’s up, and for guys like us (third parties) some time to adapt and be ready for the RTM. We will of course test all these versions and hope the developing time, if required, will be shooter than this one.

Thanks for your comprehension and patience.

Kind regards,

The Tages Technical Team

Already installed now just need to test X3:TC.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Subslider
x4

Post by Subslider » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 22:34

i dont have any issues with W7, installed the driver fine for me..
Allthough i am running the X3 Steam version and Windows 7 B.7048, dont know if one of those might be it..

GL!

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 23:18

@Subslider the issue has been the disccheck on the DVD version, the onlne activation of TAGES has been working perfectly, but now they have updated the Disc check drivers .

Legionnaire

Edit

Well X3:TC is running again for me, seems smoother, but need to put a serious amount of time in and see how it runs in combat etc.

/Edit
Last edited by Legionnaire on Sun, 8. Mar 09, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 23:29

So the new drivers will work with Windows 7?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 01:38

yup install X3:TC if it isnt already, and download the new drivers from the link in that email i posted. (32 bit or 64, depending on which version of windows 7 beta your using.) once theyre downloaded run them, it will ask for administrator priviledges, let them have them, then once the new drivers are installed you should get a message saying installed (might also say running, but i didnt make a note of the message) pop your disk in and you should be good to go.

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

SVoyager
x4

Post by SVoyager » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 03:34

I haven't posted on this thread but since I have W7, I was closely watching it for updates.

This new version of tages now works good on my end too. Glad to see all my software works now in W7, X3 was the last one I had an issue with, everything good now.

Thanks Legionnaire for the update!!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 09:41

I've updated the first post with the information on the new drivers. Please keep in mind what they said about it being somewhat of a beta. They do not make it very clear on that page.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 10:12

At this moment I don't have Windows 7(I have all the X games installed),but will install it as soon as I get home.I can wait to se how the the game works on that OS.
I've updated the first post with the information on the new drivers. Please keep in mind what they said about it being somewhat of a beta. They do not make it very clear on that page.
I don't think the beta version drivers will be a problem because those drivers are needed for the CD check,after the game start the CD can be removed from the drive.

Now I wonder how it can look a Tages drivers bug :gruebel:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 10:41

amtct wrote:I don't think the beta version drivers will be a problem because those drivers are needed for the CD check,after the game start the CD can be removed from the drive.
What X_S meant was that as with any beta, they're not absolutely guaranteed to work for everyone. Don't be surprised (or indignant) if they don't work for you.
Now I wonder how it can look a Tages drivers bug :gruebel:
What, the fact that the game won't even start, because it doesn't recognise the disk? Or are you referring to something else? Regardless, it's not a TAGES 'bug' - you can't expect a driver to support an operating system it wasn't written for.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 10:54

I wont be surprised or indignat because windows 7 its in Beta stage,so it can't be used at the moment for an OS.I'm only courios.

Now whay is the latest Windows 7 version.I found 7048,is this the latest,or I must search more :)

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 12:16

Unless you are an MSDN or Technet+ subscriber the only safe version of windows 7 that was available from Microsoft was build 7000, the public beta, if you are an MSDN or Technet+ subscriber then there will be a more upto date build available from those locations i believe. but i would not risk try any of the leaked Betas as there is no telling if anything has been done to them. Within a month i believe there will be a public RC available for download. I will be staying with the 7000 build until that becomes available.

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 12:18

Xenon_Slayer wrote:I've updated the first post with the information on the new drivers...
And I've added it to the Copy Protection sticky thread.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 17:24

- brilliant news - gives me a good reason to retry the W7BETA installation
- hope I don't get the "hardware unrecognised" problem again..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 23:42

Now I know what TAGES beta drivers means :o

IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME(on a Dell PC).

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 02:56

@ amtct, did you reinstall X3:TC and then download and install the new drivers? Or did you install the new drivers then re-install X3:TC, obvious questions, but remember that when you install X3:TC from disc it will reinstall the old drivers, so the new drivers need to be installed once the Game has been installed.

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 07:39

Its a new OS installation.I only have X3 on that PC.

I removed the old drivers and install the new ones.

I think I should try on another PC,I must see with my own eyes TC working on that OS.

SecondShadow

Post by SecondShadow » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 19:37

Install new Tages driver http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm and play.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”