Are you my mummy? [Dr Who]

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Are you my mummy? [Dr Who]

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sat, 21. May 05, 21:16

So, who caught Dr Who?

I thought the episode today ("Empty Child") was rather good.

The effects were ok, and the pretence was pretty darn spooky! And I was very creeped out
Spoiler
Show
when the electronics started coming to life and speaking, and again when the empty people jumped up.

However, one thing is bugging me: I didnt manage to work out the "Bad Wolf" reference this week. :/

Did anyone get this week's Bad Wolf reference?

So far, i have eliminated Jack's name, the name of the aliens that built the ship, and the name of Jack's Ship...

An it's difficult to get info this soon after hte episode :/ Hmmm, guess I'll have to wait and see.

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Sat, 21. May 05, 21:30

I watched the episode too, quite chilling.
Spoiler
Show
Shame the character being played by the chap whos played Victor Meldrew from One foot in the grave didn't last that long, the way the "mask" engulfed him was pretty creepy too. (I didn't Belieeeve it!)

Now one knows the Doctor was looking for a bomb. This bomb apprears now to be just a decoy, so how did those "things" get like that?
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

Malcolm (Cyteen)
x3

Post by Malcolm (Cyteen) » Sat, 21. May 05, 21:35

Yeah good episode, definitely the spookiest one so far. Can't wait for the follow up.

Cyteen out
“What is the meaning of it, Watson?” said Holmes solemnly as he laid down the paper. “What object is served by this circle of misery and violence and fear? It must tend to some end, or else our universe is ruled by chance, which is unthinkable. But what end?"

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Sat, 21. May 05, 21:43

yeah, it was spooky! And watching the other doctor turn into "one of them" was a bit... weird.

What's better is that it isn't obvious how it will be resolved... Unlike some shows where you just know what's going to happen, mainly via many cliches.

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Sat, 21. May 05, 22:01

yeah it freaked me out a bit, all alone in my flat....
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Sat, 21. May 05, 22:25

Hah, I wasn't affected at all by that, load of rubbish, not spooky at all...

*strange sound at door*

WHAT WAS THAT?

*grabs cricket bat*

Help me!

:lol:

Seriously, it was a good epsiode, really weird.
The transformation bit was probably the best bit. I mean, the way the mask just melded out of his FACE... :)
[ external image ]
My X2 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table
X3 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table Coming Soon!

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Sat, 21. May 05, 22:40

Still dissapointed but still it was freaky.

Are you my mummy?

Muuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmy

Let me in Mummy
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sat, 21. May 05, 22:53

MGA wrote:
Now one knows the Doctor was looking for a bomb. This bomb apprears now to be just a decoy, so how did those "things" get like that?[/spoiler]
Spoiler
Show
That was explained: The thing that crash landed was an ambulance of the Taureans, and the child found it, somehow activated the weaponry and has been consumed by the technology.

So this deadly technology has fallen into the hands of the child, and presumably the gas mask faces are a result of the child's subconcious etc. who has accidentally turned those people into zombies.

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Sat, 21. May 05, 23:07

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:
MGA wrote:
Now one knows the Doctor was looking for a bomb. This bomb apprears now to be just a decoy, so how did those "things" get like that?[/spoiler]
Spoiler
Show
That was explained: The thing that crash landed was an ambulance of the Taureans, and the child found it, somehow activated the weaponry and has been consumed by the technology.

So this deadly technology has fallen into the hands of the child, and presumably the gas mask faces are a result of the child's subconcious etc. who has accidentally turned those people into zombies.
Aha, that should sum it up now. Thank you. Heads up for the next episode!

*Boy with mask asks, "Are you my mummy?"*

Go home boy!

*Boy, "Mmmmmuuuuuummmmmyyyyyy"*

*sigh* Oh boy...

*picks up portable tractor beam, uses it to carry boy into a locked room with a disturbing person*

He's all yours DeeDee have fun disturbing him, I'll keep you posted when your brother Dexter wants you back.

*DeeDee, "Ooooo"*

*Boy, "No, NO, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"*
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

Urashima Keitaro
x2

Post by Urashima Keitaro » Sun, 22. May 05, 01:38

"Don't push the button!!!"

"THIS button?"

"YES!!!"

<Deedee pushes button.>

"Initiating torture sequence."

RobG
x2

Post by RobG » Sun, 22. May 05, 04:10

Good what I saw of it.
But why the **** did they go and move the time slot for.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
I so hate that, turn on the tv ready and your half way through.
God forbit that they would ever do that to anything like eastenders, oh no just the programs I want to watch :x
:evil: :evil: :evil:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 22. May 05, 08:07

Think it might have been moved because of Eurovision, but don't quote me on that.

MrFrog
x3

Post by MrFrog » Sun, 22. May 05, 10:50

pjknibbs wrote:Think it might have been moved because of Eurovision, but don't quote me on that.
:D

Maximum476
x3tc

Post by Maximum476 » Sun, 22. May 05, 13:09

TV guides are your friends :P
%41%72%65%20%79%6F%75%20%62%6F%72%65%64%3F%00

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Sun, 22. May 05, 13:41

I got the heads up from Pixel on Team Speak last night, would have missed it otherwise. Definately a good episode, nice to see some more time travellers etc

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 22. May 05, 13:55

It's repeated on BBC3 you know?
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Sun, 22. May 05, 14:34

jack morphew wrote: What's better is that it isn't obvious how it will be resolved... Unlike some shows where you just know what's going to happen, mainly via many cliches.
That is why you are not a member of The Empire :roll:
but yeah it was a good ep simple but effective.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 23. May 05, 11:12

Malcolm (Cyteen) wrote:Yeah good episode, definitely the spookiest one so far. Can't wait for the follow up.

Cyteen out
I would have been spooky if it hadn't have been shown at 6:30 at the beginning of summer. I had bright sunlight streaming through my window. Not conjusive to a spooky atmosphere.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Mon, 23. May 05, 11:16

Jericho wrote:
Malcolm (Cyteen) wrote:Yeah good episode, definitely the spookiest one so far. Can't wait for the follow up.

Cyteen out
I would have been spooky if it hadn't have been shown at 6:30 at the beginning of summer. I had bright sunlight streaming through my window. Not conjusive to a spooky atmosphere.
You have heard of curtains, right?

We drew the curtains and watched it in the dark with our dinners on trays.

Great fun!

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 23. May 05, 11:25

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:
You have heard of curtains, right?

We drew the curtains and watched it in the dark with our dinners on trays.

Great fun!
:D My living room curtains aren't blackout curtains, and at that time of day the sun is low and shines directly on the window (raises the temperature to about 30 too). Any slight chink in this sun armour means the room is bright :P
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Return to “Off Topic English”