Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 22:29

ADT86 wrote:
Cpt.Jericho wrote:Maybe it's time to calm down and remember that the world (including the USA) survived eight years of Ronald Reagan.
You mean the guy with Bin Laden? How many years since him?Looks like his 8 years are still felt around the world :roll:
You'd be surprised how much Nixon is still felt around the world.
Nevertheless, Trump was elected according to regulations. He may be a jerk, with the intelligence an amoeba and a bad haircut - but he's the designated president and deserves a chance to proof that he actually is the moron many people see in him.
Personally, I think he'll be Americas version of Berlusconi; trying grab what isn't bolted to the ground and having lots of Bunga-Bunga. He'll probably get impeached in less than two years anyway.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Len5

Post by Len5 » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 22:35

Incubi wrote:Trump is the 4th president to loose the popular vote, but win the electoral college. I don't understand this, but maybe it is time we rethink the electoral college.
The guy we don't like won the election, so maybe we should change our democratic system.

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 22:36

wow, this thread is a salt mine.

Personally I think it could be a very good thing.

American politics has just received a long overdue kick up its behind.

e.g. political dynasties

e.g. people making a big thing about Clinton having political experience. Politics is NOT a profession FFS.
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 22:42

kurush wrote:We won. Liberal tears and buthurt are priceless. And yes, I am considering moving from the California. Let it seccede and the sink it in pacific along with all illegals. Make America Great Again!
http://i.imgur.com/d5Z4tEh.gif
It's a set back. But we will crush you :twisted:

As Conan said, what's good in life...

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 23:09

fiksal wrote:
kurush wrote:We won. Liberal tears and buthurt are priceless. And yes, I am considering moving from the California. Let it seccede and the sink it in pacific along with all illegals. Make America Great Again!
http://i.imgur.com/d5Z4tEh.gif
It's a set back. But we will crush you :twisted:

As Conan said, what's good in life...
You can't crush us. Valor pleases Crom. Not government villainy.
Who made that man a gunner?

ADT86

Post by ADT86 » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 23:23

Cpt.Jericho wrote:He'll probably get impeached in less than two years anyway.
If that happens the vice president becomes president till elections.Let's say in 2 years that happens (thou that would get Alex Jones go outside naked) ,then the president would be the vice president.

The effects of his bs will be felt around the world....economies affect eachother plus we will get Putin to slowly get his USSR back.Moldovan elections are soon ,that will get Putin's friend at the border of EU.

What will Germany (*cough* EU) do? Probably invade France for lolz then deal with Putin ...all this while also having to deal with the problems US caused in the middle east.Germany had to pay reparations for jews ,the french :roll: ,gyspies ,gay people ,etc and US not only is not paying for Iraq but we have to deal with their bs in the area.

Oh and I have information that Trump hides weapons of mass destruction in US.Maybe we should invade US to check out if that's true and since we are at it we should also check France just in case :twisted:

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 23:25

Len5 wrote: The guy we don't like won the election, so maybe we should change our democratic system.
pixel wrote:wow, this thread is a salt mine.
I'm finding this thread both hilarious and sad at the same time. Because it seems even now, most still haven't learnt the lesson. It's sad NOT because of what's happening NOW, but it's sad because it will be hard for thing to change in the future. Until when people know how to spit out their own righteous poison, they will have no chance. Know your enemy and you have nothing to fear in a 1000 battle right? So what can you do when you can not even acknowledge your own adversary.

I found this recently post article on bbc which I think sum up what I have always been saying in the last few months very well:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37924687

A few notable quotes from it:
We pride ourselves on being realists, but in fact we have a fatal weakness for construing the world as crude morality plays.
The people who run newsrooms agonise over diversity. They will go to any length to increase racial, gender, and sexual diversity, but care nothing about viewpoint diversity ... To the contrary, they believed that religious conservatives, among other undesirable demographic categories, were the problem.
Will this catastrophic failure of the media cause soul-searching and, dare I say it, repentance? Forget it. To do so would require the press to face up to its worst prejudices, none more deeply held than the belief that its members are on the Right Side of History.

I recommend everyone read it, then look at the mirror and ask if you're seeing your own reflection in there. Blame everyone else if you want, but be it Brexit, the current situation in Germany and France or the result of the US election, they are at least half the reason they lose themselves.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 00:06

Incubi wrote:Trump is the 4th president to loose the popular vote, but win the electoral college. I don't understand this, but maybe it is time we rethink the electoral college.
This is an inevitable consequence of any system that splits the country into individual sections, then grants you a win in each section if you get more votes than any other candidate there. We have it here with First Past the Post, which is why our current Conservative government got elected with a fairly large majority in parliament, despite only 36.9% of the people who voted actually voting for them.

The electoral college makes things even worse by saying that all states must have at least three votes, no matter how small their population, so smaller states like Rhode Island actually have a disproportionally larger effect on the total result than they should do. I think it's theoretically possible for a presidential candidate to win with only just over a fifth of the votes having gone their way--admittedly, in order to do that they'd have to win all the smaller states by the smallest margin and get no votes whatsoever in the bigger ones, but the fact it's even possible indicates things ain't right!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 00:16

ADT86 wrote:Putin is now allied with that Turkish psycho ,the orange dump ,China ,Kim Jong Tiny hands ....
Who is the Turkish psycho?

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 00:48

Chips wrote:
ADT86 wrote:Putin is now allied with that Turkish psycho ,the orange dump ,China ,Kim Jong Tiny hands ....
He is also know as: "The Boss from Bosperus" or "Coup Crusher" and his special move the so called "Böhmermann stomp" gives -10 press freedom to a country of his choosing.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 00:53

pjknibbs wrote:The electoral college makes things even worse by saying that all states must have at least three votes, no matter how small their population, so smaller states like Rhode Island actually have a disproportionally larger effect on the total result than they should do.
Well its worse, 1 person could vote in California and it still would grant them 55 Electors, which its bonkers if you think about it.

ADT86

Post by ADT86 » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 00:55

clakclak wrote:
Chips wrote:
He is also know as: "The Boss from Bosperus" or "Coup Crusher" and his special move the so called "Böhmermann stomp" gives -10 press freedom to a country of his choosing.
don't give to many hints :D

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 01:15

Masterbagger wrote:Unbelievable finish. Seems like Americans want our country back.
I gotta ask. Who or what do you want it back from?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 01:25

I was kinda hoping to have sex with a young Helen Mirren. Still in shock from the election results...
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 03:17

RegisterMe wrote:
Masterbagger wrote:Unbelievable finish. Seems like Americans want our country back.
I gotta ask. Who or what do you want it back from?
I'm tired of the left assaulting my most important freedoms while trying to flood my country with people who want to harm me. That's as concise as I can make it.
Who made that man a gunner?

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 04:20

pjknibbs wrote: The electoral college makes things even worse by saying that all states must have at least three votes, no matter how small their population, so smaller states like Rhode Island actually have a disproportionally larger effect on the total result than they should do. I think it's theoretically possible for a presidential candidate to win with only just over a fifth of the votes having gone their way--admittedly, in order to do that they'd have to win all the smaller states by the smallest margin and get no votes whatsoever in the bigger ones, but the fact it's even possible indicates things ain't right!
And what would be a better way for doing it? I The US is a "union" of 50 independent states, and supposedly to maintain a healthy relationship you have to have something in place that give minor territory some semblance of balance. Even with the the electoral college, State like California still hold a whopping 55 votes, meaning it's still very strong. Give Rho island 3 votes is a way to ensure as an independent state, it at least has "some" voice in union, no matter how small. Without our current system, the top 5 most populate states probably would hold all the power, and that's unsustainable in a union of 50 states. That's also why Congress is divided into 2 chambers, where the house is distributed by population and the Senate is a fix 2-seats per state. It's called the balance of power.

Is it perfect? No, but if anyone have a better system I would like to hear it. And "disproportionally larger effect"? This is hardly something you call a close race, the difference is almost 70 votes, it's not like the margin was razor thin. And 1 person can get 55 votes? Maybe that's technically possible, but you know itt will never happen anyway so bringing it up as a example is just nitpicking using wordplay on something that has no meaning. Part of the reason why Trump won because all of his opponents keep insisting on things that ultimately no matter.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 06:52

matthewfarmery wrote:A hissing fit is very likely, then he will do the blame game, and blame those that defy him, and or blame the rest of the world, (middle east) I suspect he will realise he won't be able to do much all, or there will be those in his own party who will try and control him. But the question is, can he be controlled? sure his party controls both of the houses, but if they will back Trump or not, remains to be seen. But it's also possible, he may turn around and say, "I don't need you, I can do what I want, and the puppet becomes the new master.

Not sure how long before they can remove him from office? I don't think they will be able to control him, or tell him what he can or can't do. assassination might be the one alternative. or they let him take this world to hell in a hand basket.
Too late, you've already called us deplorables, bigot, mysogists, and islamophobes. Tell me, how are the Bosque doing in Portugual....oh that's right you discriminated them to the point of rebellion and deportation.

Fortunately for me, you're in Europe and will soon have bigger problem than America.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 07:56

Mightysword wrote: Is it perfect? No, but if anyone have a better system I would like to hear it. And "disproportionally larger effect"? This is hardly something you call a close race, the difference is almost 70 votes, it's not like the margin was razor thin.
But that's the point. If you look at the proportion of the vote which went to Hillary and Trump (with 3 states still to declare, admittedly) Hillary actually got slightly more than Trump did--47.7% compared to 47.5%. Yet he's the clear winner of the electoral college with 279 to 228 votes. So, the margin *was* razor thin on the popular vote, but the end result doesn't reflect that? This is not fair no matter how you slice it.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 09:00

pjknibbs wrote:
But that's the point. If you look at the proportion of the vote which went to Hillary and Trump (with 3 states still to declare, admittedly) Hillary actually got slightly more than Trump did--47.7% compared to 47.5%. Yet he's the clear winner of the electoral college with 279 to 228 votes. So, the margin *was* razor thin on the popular vote, but the end result doesn't reflect that? This is not fair no matter how you slice it.
I didn't slide any other way, I already said it's not perfect. Is it "completely fair"? No. But anything different will be even less fair. Like I said, if you have any bright idea about a better system, I would love to hear it. Cherry pick the detail is easy, come up with a replacement is not.

Pinning the argument on the popular vote margin doesn't make sense considering the Electoral College was designed to counter-weight exactly that, so in essence it's working as intended. It's meant to "normalize" the influence of a state and its population. For example, the population of the 10 most populated state is around 170 combined, meaning you'll have 1/5 of the states holding half of the voting power, while state like Rho island might as well be considered an oversea territory with zero representative in the Union. This "might" work in a other country and the dividing line is between "counties", but again for a true federation of 50 independent state, that's not healthy. In fact, this force the candidates to court state with less population (battleground-state) for their vote, which is good for the state.

In fact a counter example of why this is a good system is just look at the Brexit vote. What suprised me the most wasn't who won and lost, but the fact why the UK allows such important issue decided on a simple majority -till this day- is beyond my comprehension. This kind of result anywhere else would probably result in months long of recount and bickering, but the # in the electoral college settle that in most case. Think the President is not only the leader of the population, he's also the leader of 50 states.

ADT86

Post by ADT86 » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 09:42

Masterbagger wrote:I'm tired of the left assaulting my most important freedoms while trying to flood my country with people who want to harm me. That's as concise as I can make it.
Freedom for universal healthcare ...oh noes how could they add something like that.Workforce for jobs your lazy fatass won't take its again horrible.Taxation of rich is against the human rights.

There are two groups of creeps:
Feminist women : women nobody would ever want to f*** complaining about rapists

Cletus aka you: people want to hurt you even thou your are nobody in society.

Oh yea and muh guns....I think public shootings should happen in areas with rednecks from time to time .I want to see the real heroes (you) how they fight bullets with bullets.Enough kids died so its only fair to see you how you defend against guns.Rednecks with guns are too chickenshit to fight their own so they go to schools for killing sprees.No wonder you complain like a little girl about people wanting to hurt you ...don't worry little girl someone will grab you by the pussy.
Jonzac wrote:Too late, you've already called us deplorables, bigot, mysogists, and islamophobes. Tell me, how are the Bosque doing in Portugual....oh that's right you discriminated them to the point of rebellion and deportation.

Fortunately for me, you're in Europe and will soon have bigger problem than America.
oh its not politically correct to call racists rednecks racists :roll:
You are not islamophobe .You are "phobe" anything that's against your brown dick Jesus friend.Funny you won't let him in the country.

Yea Europe will have a bigger problem caused by terrorists like the ones in the middle east and US (you).It happens that we live between 2 areas with 2 groups of retards who believe in gods.
Last edited by ADT86 on Thu, 10. Nov 16, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic English”