-POLL- Chicken or ham sandwich?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chicken or ham sandwich?

Chicken
46%
Ham
54%

Total votes: 46

chikatilo

-POLL- Chicken or ham sandwich?

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 06:59

What say you?

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 07:03

Let me assume that you mean that ham counts as a good and solid meal, while the chicken is vapor ware that gets you hungry again in no time. Then that obviously makes ham being X³AP and chicken being XR.

The choice is easy, I prefer real food most of the time and can only stand so much light stuff. So, ham/X³AP all the way !
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 07:09

Mauzi! wrote:Then that obviously makes ham being X³AP and chicken being XR.
No sir, I'm hungry and can't decide, figured this forum allows for a million useless topics and polls a day, might as well ask here.

Very soon someone will open a poll demanding Egosoft gives them unicorns.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 07:16

chikatilo wrote:I'm hungry and can't decide
Har ! And I tried to make sense out of your poll... got me there, eh ? ;)
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 07:19

everyone voting for ham so far

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 07:22

chikatilo wrote:everyone voting for ham so far
You should have one portion of ham or chicken for each vote. Thought you were hungry ! ;)

omfgjohnnyisback

Post by omfgjohnnyisback » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 08:07

"I would like to make a heartfelt response to the massive amount of hate coming from the forums in regards to the chicken sandwich.

Many of you are justifiably angry at the state of chicken sandwich and I completely get that. It was quite undisputedly terrible upon launch and not just because of bugs. The design flaws are numerous and have already been mentioned.

Again the anger is justifiable and it certainly should be noted to both improve future chicken sandwiches and prevent companies taking advantage of hype.

However, what we have to remember is that Egosoft did do one thing. It tried to take the chicken sandwich in a bold new direction and rework the foundation of the sandwich.

Of course mistakes were made and they need to be called out on that, but the immense bashing is so over the top that I actually feel a little sorry for Bernd.

In that sense I want to say I enjoy the chicken sandwich not for what it is now but for what I believe it will be. It HAS changed the face of the sandwich industry and not in a bad way."
-- nate10587 in another thread

Pretty much how every fanboy's defensive comment sounds these days.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 08:10

Chicken 2-4 Ham

No love for chicken sandwich?

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 08:13

OMFG, Egosoft have ruined my life... I've been waiting years for this chicken sandwich and now it's come out, it's all mouldy, smelly and covered in horseshit. My life is over and I don't know what to do anymore.

Pretty much how every haters comment sounds these days.
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 08:13

chikatilo wrote:people are reading into things that aren't there, I just want help picking the right sandwich :cry:
Hehe, that's what you get if you roll a ball into the grounds of an angry mob. ;) So, what did you eat and how many each ?

@Jonny: Nice one, let's just add that ham is far more expensive than chicken and we paid the ham price for a chicken sandwhich. Though I at times wondered where even the chicken that I didn't order is on the dry bread... :o

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 08:16

Chicken or ham?
Why not both?

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 08:56

Modders will be putting Chicken onto the bread soon. They'll also be giving you the option of butter or margarine, and a choice of condiments. It'll take a few months however. ;)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 09:03

I decided to go with tuna, thx for the input guys.

OMG why was this moved to off topic :roll:

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 09:20

Usenko wrote:Modders will be putting Chicken onto the bread soon. They'll also be giving you the option of butter or margarine, and a choice of condiments. It'll take a few months however. ;)
Sounds good. Who will pay the burials for the meanwhile starving people ? :D

retroxify

Post by retroxify » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 10:43

I would rather have a chicken sandwich, but if it's still got feathers in it, I'll take the ham.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:58

Mauzi! wrote:
Usenko wrote:Modders will be putting Chicken onto the bread soon. They'll also be giving you the option of butter or margarine, and a choice of condiments. It'll take a few months however. ;)
Sounds good. Who will pay the burials for the meanwhile starving people ? :D
I have been attending the Kerbal Soup Party. They have real ham in the soup with a choice of butter, margarine and/or mayonnaise. Also I still had some X3:TC frozen for later so I thawed that out and it tastes as good now as it did at time of freezing.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:42

Why not both on one sandwich? :D
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

piiman

Post by piiman » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 16:48

omfgjohnnyisback wrote:"I would like to make a heartfelt response to the massive amount of hate coming from the forums in regards to the chicken sandwich.

Many of you are justifiably angry at the state of chicken sandwich and I completely get that. It was quite undisputedly terrible upon launch and not just because of bugs. The design flaws are numerous and have already been mentioned.

Again the anger is justifiable and it certainly should be noted to both improve future chicken sandwiches and prevent companies taking advantage of hype.

However, what we have to remember is that Egosoft did do one thing. It tried to take the chicken sandwich in a bold new direction and rework the foundation of the sandwich.

Of course mistakes were made and they need to be called out on that, but the immense bashing is so over the top that I actually feel a little sorry for Bernd.

In that sense I want to say I enjoy the chicken sandwich not for what it is now but for what I believe it will be. It HAS changed the face of the sandwich industry and not in a bad way."
-- nate10587 in another thread

Pretty much how every fanboy's defensive comment sounds these days.
The chicken has bugs and lots of them

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 16:56

Chicken sandwiches are better with Onion, lettuce, cucumber and tomato with a ice blob of salad cream. If you just grab the sandwich before the extras are put in then you have only yourself to blame if it is bland. :P
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:16

My kids discovered Salad Cream when we were in the UK. . . .

It's a pity we can't get it here!
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Return to “Off Topic English”