Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 19:24

On Skyrim - The Unofficial Community Patches are critical for Skyrim and its expansions. SKSE is also necessary, for the reasons clakclak mentioned.

One can have a "vanilla" play experience with only "fix" mods or even graphical enhancement mods present. There are some good graphical fixes in certain texture pack and object-fix mods.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 00:37

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at SKSE. CTDs are not frequent but fewer is always going to be better :thumb_up:

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 05:27

Starpoint Gemini Warlords adds a ship customization ability. You can add decals to any part of your ship and even write on it.

https://youtu.be/CM1FSCagX9Q?t=49

Krusade
x3tc

Post by Krusade » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 06:51

For me it's currently Fallout 4 on the PS4 and for PC it's Planet Coaster (alpha 3), Project Highrise and Saints Row 4.
Warning: the preceding post almost certainly contains bad grammar and spelling, sarcasm, British humour, general insanity and excessive amounts of Progressive Rock.

OmegaKnight
x3tc

Post by OmegaKnight » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 06:53

After watching a few streams / youtube vid's I decided I liked the look of Factorio
So I took the plunge and dived into it's early access
And I can say so far I'm pleased with it (175 hours in)
not only has it got the production chain of many management / building games
it's got that Transport Tycoon Deluxe joy of connecting things up
(whether in an efficient logical manner or bodged together spaghetti).

So far I'd say I've got the basics mainly figured out,
but there is a whole other layer of logic circuitry one can use to set controls
on how and when things work, that I'm only starting to dip my toe into.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 21:19

Almost every day I play a round or two of The Golf Club, and then move on something else.

I was Playing Stellaris but like PJ, I am waiting for the patch now.

I have just started again on The inner sea since the new patch.

And Finally started playing X3 AP and really enjoying it.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 08:49

Stalker Call of Pripyat. Seems pretty easy and not as scary/mysterious as the first one in the series.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 10:51

The usual Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering, but mostly just playing Gears of War 2 to practice for when Gears of War 4 drops.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 12:43

Mostly Overwatch.

FFXIV

SWTOR

No Man's Sky

Bit of Guild Wars 2 now and then

Thinking about a new Cities Skylines game

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 13:51

Stronghold Legends just got a free HD remastered update, so going to check that out
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 16:54

Elite Dangerous
Talos Principle

still got GTA V, MGS PP & Witcher 3 to finish off

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 18:12

Currently: Completionist approach to New Vegas. Back in 2010-11 I spent 200 hours and barely scratched the main plot to finally drown in Dead Money.
Bought new Vegas Ultimate in 2013. Installed and soaked in mid 2016 lel

Now I must say - this game is AMAZING. FNV has tons of quest you can end in various ways and there this whole "Mojave geopolitics" you can shake and point the Mojave in your desired direction. Quests! Hundreds or them, many hidden and many requiring certain conditions to start and of course "hand decorated" locations and exciting places to explore. What a game... now I fully witnessed it's full potential, I didn't know how quest can be interconnected in this game, wow. FNV > F4 http://i.imgur.com/n3ZCaR0.jpg
FNV has Aged well after 6 years. I'm playing with Josh Sawyer Mod (for extra difficulty), weather mod and few smaller enhancements. Nothing big, just trying to keep close to the original. With all DLCs completed, now I have a few loose ends left and making it happen - Independent New Vegas. I have 10h of game left to close my completionist approach in 400 hours according to Steam counter.

Guess I will have to do the same with Skyrim Remaster when it comes out in Novemeber. My current Skyrim status is - 500 hours tons of loose ends and unfinished main plot. I drowned generally speaking. FNV was a good warming up experience. I'll concentrate on quests and main plot instead of exploration, I know Skyrim too well to be surprised by anything new on map.

In June-July I took a break from FNV and revisited my beloved universe of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 + dlcs. After FNV I'm immediately starting with Mass Effect 3. A warm up and refreshment before Andromeda ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Corbet

Post by Corbet » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 19:18

- Star Citizen
- Divinity: Original Sin
- Verdun
- XR and X3
- Elite: Dangerous

Because of the limited time for gaming, most of the time goes with Star Citizen. After D:OS I will finish Wasteland 2.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 10:20

I'd like to say I was playing Firefall, but the devs wrecked the game totally.

I've been playing Warframe but I tend to tire of multiplayer games towards the end of summer.
Also been messing with Cities Skylines, Saint's Row 2 and Skyrim.

I've also had a dabble on Ikuruga but I'm useless at it these days - poor reaction timing. Bayonetta is the only console game that I ever fire up these days to attempt to master the dodge offset mechanic.

Chances are I'll try to get the Die Hard achievement for X3TC towards the end of autumn/fall since it's become an annual thing. I got really close last year, but died thanks to windows update. I'm thinking of testing the Linux version this year.
Sorkvild wrote:Now I must say - this game is AMAZING.
I've not bothered with Fallout 4 because I doubt it can live up to my expectations after spending a lot of time in FNV. During my time gaming there have been a lot of stand out moments, and FNV has a lot of them albeit they are subtle compared to the rest of the stand out moments. Finding out why Novac is called Novac for example kind of reinforces what a crap situation the NPCs are in and bring the game alive.

While I really like FNV I have a love/hate thing with Skyrim. I'm playing Skyrim atm but I am losing patience with it again and I really don't know why. Maybe it's the snow :/

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:32

Fallout4
FarCry Primal
X3:Terran Conflict
DungeonSiege1/Legends Of Aranna

Recore (PC and XBox1)
Halo5 Guardians (XBox1)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:50

Much too much https://xkcd.com/386/
Some X3 AP

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:57

jlehtone wrote:Much too much https://xkcd.com/386/
:lol:

Nothing in particular for me right now, but Tropico 4, the Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR and KOTOR 1/2 with some mods are on my games to play list.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 1. Oct 16, 05:08

Crysis Warhead. Games easy.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 11:12

I just started playing X: Reunion again - Decided I'd jump in, quickly* complete the main 'plot' and run through the same for TC and AP... I didn't realise I haven't actually played an X game in four years... I did briefly install Rebirth a year or two back, but a big patch was announced the day after with new features, so I decided to wait and well, never got around to it.

*This was the plan. It's now 17 hours in, I'm still in the starter Buster and have a handful of ships trading for me... All because I can't find/decide on an M3 I want to personally fly...

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 10. Oct 16, 17:55

Total War Attila:
- getting spanked by barbarian. :shock:
- stressed out on every turns. :evil:
- feel so good. :D

Never thought Total War will ever come this close to a Civ game strategic wise. :o

Return to “Off Topic English”