What Mod ? X-Reunion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trev4elvis
x3tc

What Mod ? X-Reunion

Post by Trev4elvis » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 13:07

I played XR when it first come out and also XTC but had forgotten so much from game, so thought I would go back to XR before trying AP.

I am keeping as vanilla as possible as I find to many mods spoil the game but as completed game before thought a few mods would be nice.

Please can someone advise a few that will help me enjoy the game better without spoiling the general game.

I remember there used to be a mod that allowed a best buy/sell all over the universe. This one I would love to have again, any ideas what this is ?
Thx
Trev

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 14:30

The mod you are describing is a pretty big gameplay changer, i personally wouldnt use that. What type of mods are that would not spoil the game for you?

I personally recommend TAF, NESA, ShowBalance, Show Skills, Mission Computer... cant remember more. I have around 20 mods installed, a lot of them are, what i would call, essential. But it comes down to your preferences and play style so nobody can really recommend you any mods. Just browse the lists and check if something is how you like it.

I suggest you check these pages for mods you may like.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/workshop/
http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/

OR

PLay vanilla about 10-20 hours and then start browsing mods. Then you would have better idea of what you are getting with mods.

Trev4elvis
x3tc

Post by Trev4elvis » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 17:26

I mainly like Trading and Building Factories, I follow the plot but I am pausing that for now and getting better credits/ships etc. before continuing with Plot. I have about 18 million so far.

I tried to download Faster Ships but I couldn't find a download button,

I don't know much about mods as usually only play Vanilla game but as I want to play all the games going towards Rebirth I would like something to help in my games.

Thanks

Trev

I have tried 6 mods and each have taken me to dead urls so might have to play vanilla after all :-(

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 19:43

It really is a matter of preference. I love scripts and mods and have a personal collection of over 50 of them! :D To me they enhance the game, rather than spoil it.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 17:18

Please tell us, which game you're playing and want to modify. Originally you created your thread in the X Rebirth Scripts and Modding Forum, due to your topic title saying "X-Reunion", it was moved to the X3R Scripts and Modding forum though. Scripts and mods for one of these two games aren't compatible with the other.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”