[BBS Plugin] Imperial Complex Construction Quests 1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate the script

5/5
75%
4/5
25%
3/5
No votes
2/5
No votes
1/5
No votes

Total votes: 8

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[BBS Plugin] Imperial Complex Construction Quests 1.0

Post by LV » Mon, 26. Nov 07, 22:03

Plugin Details

Date - 27/12/07
Author - LV
Compatibility - Should work with all mods and scripts

Packaged with Cycrows Plugin Manager

[ external image ]

Full Imperial Script Pack All my scripts in one pack with install option for each plugin.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

__________-

[ external image ]

ICC Download

______________________-

Description

As i'd never built a complex in X3 before a couple of days ago I decided to write a plugin while playing about with them.

This plugin puts BBS offers in stations where you can bid for lucrative contracts to build high end compexes for NPC races.

[ external image ]

If you decide to bid you will be hailed with a list of tender which you should choose from. If you go too low you may lose profit, too high and you may not be warded the contract.

[ external image ]

After a short peroid a decision will be made and if you are sucessful you will be hailed with the contract

[ external image ]

If part of the deal is for you to build a silicon or ore mine always check the build sector as a suitable asteroid may be pointed out by the sector owner, this does not mean it's the best yield asteroid in the sector so you may want to seach before placing.

[ external image ]

If you have bid too high the the offer will be terminated.

[ external image ]

Once a contract is offered 2 new commands can found in the "Custom" menu , these commands will only be available during a contract and on completion or temination they will no longer be available.

[ external image ]

1. Transfer Complex to Race -

This command has many purposes, it's main is to convert a finished complex to the race you have a contract with. Running this command on your unfinished complex (or any other station) will show what factories are still needed.

[ external image ]

Also by using the Transfer Complex to Race command and choosing any Shipyard you will be offered the chance to terminate the contract.

[ external image ]

2. Repack Station to TL

[ external image ]

The second command (only available in TL class during contracts) allows you to repack any of your stations back into your TL.

This command comes in very handy when building complexes and has the bonus of working on any of your stations (including complex hubs).

Once run your TL must not move or the station may be destroyed.

[ external image ]

Once the entire complex is complete run the Transfer Complex to Race command on it and a last check will be made

[ external image ]

It is very important at this point that any other stations you have in the sector are set not to trade with other races, if they are they will be assimilated with the complex for 0 credits.

At this point you should be paid out unless the scan shows any of the complex stations shields at less than 100%!

[ external image ]

If everything is ok then it's payday and depending on how long it took you to build the complex a bonus multiplier will be added to your origional quote.

[ external image ]

You may if you wish add further stations to the complex and recieve some extra payment for this if the stations fill the resource gaps.

LV

Commands

Code: Select all

t 8835
<t id="725">A_LV_CONSTRUCT_COMMAND</t> 
<t id="729">A_LV_CONSTRUCT_REPACK</t>
Last edited by LV on Wed, 26. Dec 07, 19:05, edited 3 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 22:26

[ external image ]

Full Imperial Script Pack All my scripts in one pack with install option for each plugin.

__________-

[ external image ]

ICC Download

______________________-

Download now ready, please feedback.

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Thu, 29. Nov 07, 15:53

errr... would love to post some, but can see no links. is it my problem?

Otherwise, very interesting, brings even more life into the universe. I am only worried about FPS drop with a lot of such complexes scattered around. NPC complexes hit the frame rate as hard as player controlled ones, right?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 29. Nov 07, 18:28

aksele9 wrote:errr... would love to post some, but can see no links. is it my problem
post some what??

as far as FPS lag i can't see why they would not be the same as player ones, can't say i'm a big trader and as my op stated the first complex i ever built was 4 days ago. I did have lag on my mind while writing but the only thing i could see to do is remove other stations from that sector which would bring me into dispute with GOD.
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 01:57

post some what??

Download now ready, please feedback.
post some feedback :)

I still do not see download links on the page- I just see "ICC Download", no links. is it my browser? but the links are fine on other pages. weird.

thanks for the reply anyway. and special thanks for all your work, I run a lot of your scripts and am kind of fan.

best regards

McItoshi
x4

Post by McItoshi » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 03:46

aksele9 - you just need to hit the big download button above where it says "ICC Download" :wink:

LV - I gave this a try tonight and have to say its a wonderfuly genius idea.
I'm No complex builder I got bored after setting up my drug supper factories,but it was good to try something different.

I did hit a slight snag tho. I tenderd 29023706cr for a project in Omicron lyrae.

[ external image ]

But on completion my tender was only 26714557cr . . even with the bonus im short almost two million cr . . :roll:

[ external image ]

Are the contracts only on offer in ship yards? I have only found one so far and it was a shipyard, after much searching.
Also I asume I'am to build the complex's in the sector that offers the contract I didnt notice it telling me where to build ?

Other then my slight snag I think its great, it definatly add's somthing new to the game.

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 13:05

McItoshi - oh, so there must be a button :(

no links, no button, just two lines below and above the "ICC Download"

well, will mess with browser settings until I see the button :evil:

McItoshi
x4

Post by McItoshi » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 14:13

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 14:44

Thank you very much!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 17:00

The Reason your payout was lower will be because it checks the value of the stations you have built, if on offer it dictates that you need an XL Spp but you only build a L size SPP it deducts the difference to stop cheating ;)
LV's TC Scripts

McItoshi
x4

Post by McItoshi » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 17:18

ohh clever . . but I added all what it asked for tho and I bought ( :o ) the stations where it said to get them. I even added a couple of crystal fabs to tempt an extra bonus.

I will see what hapens next time when I come accross another contract.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 17:26

key here is to complete as quick as possible, your timer starts at 40 mins and your bonus was down to 2 mins worth == 2% extra ;)

If for deffinate the payout is lower than waht the sations cost let me know but it uses the same check code, the only way maybe it would be lower is if diff shipyards sell at diff prices

edit
__ I just realised, i may have disabled the detect code if your tender was higher than the value.....

I'll look tomoz and re-enable it if i'm right

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 16:56

HI
I installed this script yesterday and when I start the game it freezes and I must restart the computer

I have installed via Plugin Manager.
If I uninstall it ,the game back to work.

Any solution?

Thanks

Malakie
x4

Nice one... what about.....

Post by Malakie » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 18:34

Hi,

I found this new script/plugin you did and am installing it now. While reading about what it does, I had an idea and am wondering if this might be possible...

How about a script similar to this but in reverse?? In other words, other races/contractors bid to build YOU, the player, a complex where you want it!

I would love a plugin that could build me a complex AND equip and set up merchant ships assigned to those complexes to keep it supplied.

If a complex is not possible, what about individual stations then... of then which you can add to should you desire?!

Malakie

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 12. Dec 07, 01:00

This is a pretty clever idea. I like it.

Outkast_2321

Post by Outkast_2321 » Sat, 22. Dec 07, 09:36

i can't find the command repack station to TL ... i have installed the scipt with the x3 plugin manager . And one more question wat do u mean it's available only on contracts cause i want to move my PHQ from a system to system

Spatch
x3tc

Post by Spatch » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 09:15

This is absolutely brilliant. I love getting rich through combat in X3, but that gets less interesting as you get wealthier. I love that trading just gets better and better with riches, but before this, it seemed like a one-way deal. Now I can alternate between shipping contracts AND start a construction company!
You've got to admire a society that can make more cheese, cheaper, by convincing people that it's supposed to have holes. - AdmBito

aegisx
x2

Post by aegisx » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 21:58

Wow, this looks very interesting.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 00:26

I know this is an old thread...but i try my luck...hope it is ok

Cool mod, just have a question.
Thanks LV for another interesting script :)

I wonder if the complexes that is built in the missions here for the different races will stay in the universe and be operational for trading like all other stations?
Just thinking if thats the case, maybe some considerations about what missions to take will be wise :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”