Please help with new patch!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Schultski

Please help with new patch!!

Post by Schultski » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 19:29

Since the patch already come out, and yet I have to added it to my game. But my game and systems are all wrecked up. Please help me over here!!

Here my troubles:
- Patched the game to 2.0, but then my MOD won't work at all, even the game won't starting up. Why is that!?
- Playing via normal under X-treme difficulty , and I have the PHQ. It says that you can change the color of your ship. I tried those methods, but don't know how to activate it, though I only find where its console. How do you changed your ship's color?
- Scripts are alright with new patch, but can't go the same thing to MODs. How I overcome this? Should I began anything else from scratch?

A.T.M that's all my problems are. I'm really desperate to hear advices and anything else...
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 19:38

mods have to be altered to work with new patches, as the mods change the same data files that a patch does.

so mods that are created before the patch will contain the old data.

if you saved game has elements that the mod has changed, then your save games will most likly not load in the patch until you get a 2.0.01 compatable version of the mod to play.

the only mod currently that'll work is the ShipCreator, as the program can recreate the mod using the latest data files

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 06:06

It is not just the mods.

Doubleshadow's X3 editor release 7 does not work well wit the new patch. It shows a Type Mismatch when editing T-ships and editing the compatible missiles shows the problem clearly.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 13:17

thats due to changes with the TMissiles file. so the X3 Editor cant read it properly.

as TShips requires it to load the missiles file as well, thats y u get the error

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 23:04

How about those coloring ships?

I can't color my ships to red color or blue ones?
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

nailz45
x3

Post by nailz45 » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 23:14

rustybucket wrote:It is not just the mods.

Doubleshadow's X3 editor release 7 does not work well wit the new patch. It shows a Type Mismatch when editing T-ships and editing the compatible missiles shows the problem clearly.
if ur still watching this topic i have a solution to this problem.
when it happened to me i tried loading a different t file first before you load the tships file and it worked like a charm. but if you loaded the tships file first you have to completely close the program and load a different t file for it to work.
Got any space weed? if not i can hook you up.

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 04:41

Why to struggle when doubleshadow released the 11 version , which is compatible not only with 2.0.2 but also with all T files?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”