What is a weapon?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rustybucket
x3

What is a weapon?

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 8. Jul 06, 00:27

There seems to be a hard coded limit to the number of weapons objects available in X3. Which makes it hard to develop new weapon types for the game. I am wondering if we might impliment new weapons effects by combining a mix of the available weapons. E.g. create a weapons turret such, that by mounting a series of laser types in the right proportions, they combine to create a new weapons effect. In X2 we saw a number of Gamma kyon emitters combined into a devastating doomsday weapons by the Khaak M0. Perhaps we can build a few specialized ships that can do something like that but on a more practical scale.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Sat, 8. Jul 06, 02:05

Yes, I agree. In the upcoming XFP mod there are going to be more weapon types. There should be a superweapon made. But it'd have to be worth the universe itself and only able to be used in a very limited manner.

I'd like to see more weapons like the...umm...that weapon that fires like the mass driver but is energy based. It's one of the new weapons introduced in X3. Oh man! I always forget its name.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 8. Jul 06, 02:21

I always forget its name.
The alpha/beta pulse emitters

Teragon
x3tc

Post by Teragon » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 08:45

i always thought the idea of different fire modes on various weapons was an interesting one, for example say with a PSG you can set the weapon to use a charged pulse, ie hold the fire key to charge the weapon and let go to release the pulse in a REAL shockwave, simular type of firing mech can be used for HEPT's and PPC's

maybe something like an increased fire rate MD that drains weapon's energy at a reasonably high rate to double the weapon's rate of fire

another one, having a special mode for ion disruptor's that allows you to disable missiles instead of detonate them and making the missiles dumb non propelled warhead's untill you pick them up, (would deffinately make you think twice about scooping up that firestorm torpedo with less than perfect grace)

superweapons:

PPC+PSG, (postfire) the reaction between the highly energised photon energy and the PSG produces a tremendous spherical pulse of photon energy, although tricky to aim and fire the resulting damage from the expanding radiation is devestating to small medium and even larger fighter's alike

a common favourite amongst skilled M6 Captains when comming up against annoting groups of Pirate scum, also commonly used to make Khaak clusters appear as if they never exhisted

BPC (Beam Plasma Cannon)
1BPAC + 1BHEPT produces an accelerated and more powerfull version of the BHEPT with slightly more range, a larger burst length and a significant boost to firing velocity. at the cost of adding another somewhat high drain to the ship's weapon's reactor, this little baby is perfect fast fight answer for those slightly more annoying and higher priority targets, a favourite on M6's in assasination and search and destroy missions

EPBA (Enhanced Photon Burst Array)

4xBPBE + 1xB/G PPC, By firing a highly refined pulse of focused energy into the already volatile core of the PPC coil array, a higher frequency reactive burst is obtained, although far more energy consuming than either weapon alone, a single hit from this class of weapon is enough to make just about any ship's shields scream in pain not to mention the combined energy from the PBE system add's significantly increaced emitter velocity, albeit at a slightly reduced maximum range

PIEC (Phased Ion Emitter Cannon)
1xID + 2B/1G PSG

Due to seriously hard times for the pirate Factions around the X universe a new and dangerous weapon was produced using scraps of Boron and Teladi genius and a scientist with more space weed than sense. This weapon combining the subspace compression field of the PSG system manages to finaly acheive a more controlable and arguably more usefull wall of ion energy inside a devestating shockwave, unfortunately the weapon has but 1 serious side effect, due to it's tremendous ion field density the weapon unfortunately causes a small impact on the firing ship's shield systems as well as a considderable drain on it's reactor.
Despite these drawbacks this device is no less than crippling to small and medium sized fighter craft and has therefore become a favourite amongst the Boron Navy when fighting pirates on the edge of their sectors....
Ironic indeed..

hmm... many more to come i think.... many more
This is Space, there's plenty here for everyone, its just the stuff that fills it thats scarce

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”