Specific ship requests... Open to all that want to have a go... :)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

silentWitness
x3tc

Specific ship requests... Open to all that want to have a go... :)

Post by silentWitness » Wed, 28. Jun 06, 17:10

Hi me again... :wink:

Well I know you're all very busy on your own projects but if anyone has some spare moments or want a bit of a break... or something... then I have a job for you... :D

You can do as many or as few as you like... but I ask they they are of a quality comparable to ingame assets and that they remain true to the spirit of ships that are already in-game...

Anyway on with the List!!!
  • Merchant Ships of comparable size to a corvette, designed to field 2 to 4 low powered turrets. (one for each race), must be designed to be able to dock at stations like a corvette!
  • Haulier Ships, that are smaller than a TL but much larger than a Corvette. These ships should be designed for moving huge amounts of smaller goods through sectors. Fighter and freighter docking facilities preferable. (one for each race).
  • Mobile Base Ships, that are bigger than a TL. Docking facilities a must! (one for each race)
  • Other ships such as Fighters, Freighters, Frigates, Cruisers, Destroyers, Dreadnoughts and Motherships would be nice too :)
I also require a number of unique vessels that weigh in at around Cruiser and Frigate size...
  • Minelayers
  • Missile Cruisers (some nice unique missile turrets would be nice too :) )
  • Drone Ships (designed to launch and collect drones)
  • Point Defence Ships
Oh And I almost forgot we also need Stuff, such as drones, mines and missiles!!!

Thank you for anything anyone decides to do or give!

Oh and if you're good at making ships and models and are interested in becoming part of the modding team then that's good too we have lots of work for you!!!

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 28. Jun 06, 17:38

I would say that several of these ould be done well with existing ships.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Wed, 28. Jun 06, 17:43

Its more to give people an idea of things I need... even if they are simply varients of existing designs...

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 03:30

Ok so I'm an evil prodding creature of the night...

*Prod*

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 04:07

silentWitness wrote:Ok so I'm an evil prodding creature of the night...

*Prod*
The best thing you might consider silentWitness is heading over to the Fusion Project site. Therein you may find willing participants in your interests among the group of very talented folks contributing to extending this game.

It is beyond my understanding why you have not already joined that community; given your long-standing fellowship.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 05:28

how about a bomber type ship? Slightly bigger than a fighter, enormous cargobay, big missile capacity, big long range guns (possibly low grade PPC's), a turret or two, rather large shields, sucky speed. Yeah, you could use an M3 for such a role but not quite in the way I'd wish. :roll:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 13:21

Observe wrote:

*Prod*
The best thing you might consider silentWitness is heading over to the Fusion Project site. Therein you may find willing participants in your interests among the group of very talented folks contributing to extending this game.

It is beyond my understanding why you have not already joined that community; given your long-standing fellowship.
My thing is creative writing... you guys haven't really needed me... I may take a look if there is no response...
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:how about a bomber type ship? Slightly bigger than a fighter, enormous cargobay, big missile capacity, big long range guns (possibly low grade PPC's), a turret or two, rather large shields, sucky speed. Yeah, you could use an M3 for such a role but not quite in the way I'd wish. :roll:
Hehe... Yeah I have something better planned... :D

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 15:54

silentWitness wrote:
Observe wrote:

*Prod*

My thing is creative writing... you guys haven't really needed me... I may take a look if there is no response...
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:how about a bomber type ship? Slightly bigger than a fighter, enormous cargobay, big missile capacity, big long range guns (possibly low grade PPC's), a turret or two, rather large shields, sucky speed. Yeah, you could use an M3 for such a role but not quite in the way I'd wish. :roll:
Hehe... Yeah I have something better planned... :D
Ooh, now that sounds exciting. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 19:08

How about a real TL/mobile trade station. A ship with a large cargo hold that travels between sectors; but, once stopped within a sector it is managed as a trade station. Commercial traffic within the sector will detect its presence and dock. Your docking bay would contain player and non-player owned ships. For extra kicks: add an internal retail shopping mall and you will give us a reason to buy and use all of those silly commercial wares that are built into the game, as well as attract a pile of TPs to go along with the TSs. :P

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 19:12

The Economy has been completely redone... Mobile Base Ships are similar to your idea...

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 30. Jun 06, 04:22

I saw some footage of the missile boats used on D-Day the other day, they're worth looking up if you plan to make a missile ship.

As for ideas how about a bombardment ship? Think of a destroyer with all the turrets pointed in a single direction to overwhelm opponents in a storm of PPCs. Would be very effective at station/capship/M0 assaults, if vunerable to fighters.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”