[MOD - X3 2.5] New Horizons Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 06:27

@ Ezra-r: That's an interesting one. I will have a look at that.

@ Cedric_FP: We didn't test Ashley's Factories with the Mod.

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 08:00

Hi Phlt, playing custom NH. (1) In sector badlands, pleasure complex alpha has no items on station its all blank.
(2) How do you use camoflage componet.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 08:10

NH Mod didn't not change anything to X3 vanilla.

Are you talking about Camouflage device ?

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 08:37

Camouflage device ,yes i dont know how to use it.
Phlt said; NH Mod didn't not change anything to X3 vanilla. Ok. NH 2.0 ,pleasure complex alpha is all blank inside,theres no price or buy or sell item.. Could it be i have a corrupt game..
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 14:03

Greenhorn wrote:Camouflage device ,yes i dont know how to use it.
Phlt said; NH Mod didn't not change anything to X3 vanilla. Ok. NH 2.0 ,pleasure complex alpha is all blank inside,theres no price or buy or sell item.. Could it be i have a corrupt game..
Yes, Ive seen the camouflage device.. Is it usable? if so.. how does it work?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 14:48

I noticed theres a Razor M3 in this :P

im sure its not as strong as the one from my Wing Project Story cause that would be a bit too strong now would'nt it lol. i mean the Razor m3 from Wing Project moves at 3000m/s I think. Check it out there are plenty of new ship ideas which could be based in your mod :D .

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 10:09

Pja :
Has anyone else noticed that Pirates will sometimes report you to the ISF for disturbing the peace?
have you installed the patch for HackingII ?
With this patch, ISF don't take care of the player attacking pirates anymore
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 15:55

btw Phlt,

In sector Renewed Success there you can buy an Argon Shipyard in the shipyard, this one is for sale for 600K only and doesnt have a notoriety restriction to buy it, I reckon it is a bug and.. Im about to try if its usable for something. -- edit -- it just stores and sells energy cells, useless.

Also
Spoiler
Show
In the same sector in the OSR or ISF shipyard there is an M2 class destroyer with 12 GJ shield capacity but only 28K of laser energy, less than an M1, the AXE has 80K laser energy, so you get the idea, the ship surely will be powerful but the thing lacks in laser energy a lot, take into account M2 titans have near 300K.

More.. about the OSR TL, that ship for the same price has more cargo and more weaponry than any other type of TL in the galaxy with that price, 500K.
I have noticed a bit of overpowered and overtuned in terms of speed and capacity respecting the rest of the X3 vanilla ships.

In any case, great work, Im still exploring the universe for more findings!

One thing I have missed are pirate capital ships, but I like the yaki turning red on me once in a while :P they are the new real pirates in this mod.

Also, thanks to ISF presence the galaxy looks safer and "less" defenseless comparing it to vanilla, which is very good.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 16:40

Thanks for the feedback and for your interest ezra-r :)

Few comments:

I have collected all X3 Vanilla ship specs, and built a calculator based on the average specs by class. Every NH ship is compared to a Vanilla ship ratio = 100%. No NH ship is introduced in the Mod if it is above 110%. Regarding new class of ships, I try to balance specs between other class range.

A ship should have a weakness somewhere if it is performing well in one or some areas. Same concept applies for weaponry. I allowed some ships to mount BFLAK, but if player is mounting too many on the OSR MTL Battle Transport for instance, ship is going to run out of energy pretty quickly...

The top performing ships are also usually located in places not so easy to find in order to reward the player.

Yes, the SY can be available from Vanilla TDocks File, but this SY can only be used as a docking place, nothing more. :)

I am really surprised by OSR MTL. 500,000 credits? :o Need to check that, this is not by far intended.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 18:35

Phlt wrote:Thanks for the feedback and for your interest ezra-r :)

Few comments:

I have collected all X3 Vanilla ship specs, and built a calculator based on the average specs by class. Every NH ship is compared to a Vanilla ship ratio = 100%. No NH ship is introduced in the Mod if it is above 110%. Regarding new class of ships, I try to balance specs between other class range.

A ship should have a weakness somewhere if it is performing well in one or some areas. Same concept applies for weaponry. I allowed some ships to mount BFLAK, but if player is mounting too many on the OSR MTL Battle Transport for instance, ship is going to run out of energy pretty quickly...

The top performing ships are also usually located in places not so easy to find in order to reward the player.

Yes, the SY can be available from Vanilla TDocks File, but this SY can only be used as a docking place, nothing more. :)

I am really surprised by OSR MTL. 500,000 credits? :o Need to check that, this is not by far intended.
I see, nice going though I didnt say it in the sense they were too overpowered.

Im really enjoying the mod so far, which is a lot to say considering I have spent months and months playing vanilla and xtended and left the game fed up of so much playing it... so here I am.. back at it.. with new horizons. ;)

Btw, if the shipyard is made available as means to have a docking place for your capital ships, then I think is a good idea ;)

Will tell you more as I find stuff to mention.

Keep it up!

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 20:36

Question:

I noticed in my logs (without calling my attention with the Ping) I see messages of stations or ships in need of help and attacked by YAKI in which FSI states they cant send help and civillian help would be appreciated, when I attend there and kill the offender yaki ships I dont receive a reward or increase in notoriety with FSI, is this normal?

Is paying the charity fund the only way to increase notoriety with FSI?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 21:07

yes it's normal...

for the moment, the FSI just asks for help where the Yakis attacks are too much important for their patrols...
this will certainly be extended in a next release...
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 22:18

btw, the FSI police in most sectors independently of the race is one of the greatest ideas for this game.

Reminds me of Concord in EVE, no matter the race, Concord always is the police of every secured sector.

X3 definetly needed something like this.

ezra-r
x4

Solar Power Plant M as container in Sector List?

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 13:23

I dont know if its related but I saw a news about pandora boxes in Emperor's Wisdom so I went to check.

Thing is after a little scanning I found a "Solar Power Plant M" in space (note the name is the trading name for the station), with no shields and in the sector map it is shortened as if it was a container (at the bottom of the list of things in the sector), so If I select to show stations the thing does not appear in the list of stations, I cant dock or interact with it in any way.

If I select it it says it is a WARE.

Right now Im playing New Horizons mod but Im not sure it is related to it.

Anyone ever seen this? Any clues?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 13:55

If it's a ware, then no, you won't be able to dock etc.

At a guess, some script has screwed up - possibly meant to place the SPP as an object, but placed the ware instead.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Solar Power Plant M as container in Sector List?

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 14:18

ezra-r wrote:Right now Im playing New Horizons mod but Im not sure it is related to it.
In order to rule out the obvious ... first check in the thread of the mod you know you use, and if that turns innocent, then expand to other suspects. Threads merged.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Solar Power Plant M as container in Sector List?

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 01:08

ezra-r wrote:I dont know if its related but I saw a news about pandora boxes in Emperor's Wisdom so I went to check.

Thing is after a little scanning I found a "Solar Power Plant M" in space (note the name is the trading name for the station), with no shields and in the sector map it is shortened as if it was a container (at the bottom of the list of things in the sector), so If I select to show stations the thing does not appear in the list of stations, I cant dock or interact with it in any way.

If I select it it says it is a WARE.

Right now Im playing New Horizons mod but Im not sure it is related to it.

Anyone ever seen this? Any clues?
Try picking it up with a TL. You might get a free SPP out of it. But no, I haven't seen anything like it before, I'm just guessing. But save before you try, so you don't blame me for a damaged TL. :P

rinkanu
x3tc

Post by rinkanu » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 12:44

say could anyone give me a slight hint to where i can find the new spectre race?

been looking for ages without succes =p

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 14:22

Here is a hint:
Spoiler
Show
There is a BBS message saying that secret gates can be found far away from the ecliptic in new NH Sectors located in the borders of the Universe!
:wink:

rinkanu
x3tc

Post by rinkanu » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 15:02

oh you are such a devil =p

atleast tell me something like "try the east/west/north/south borders"

been looking for those damn spectres since i got the bbs message and they are exactly that.. ghosts.

i bet you made em so hard to find just to mess with idiots like me.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”