[SCRIPT] ACC: Anarkis Carrier Commands | v1.40 | 17 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

McCade
x2

Post by McCade » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 05:54

I read that earlier in the thread (about the 5 ships), but the script seems to work great with my TL and only 2 fighters docked. It would be nice to be able to launch my M4 from the Hyp and call them back easily. While it's for the carriers, the script would work well in many situations.

UPDATE:
After a TON of trial and error, I was able to get it working :) Thanks for the reply. My main problem was the M7 class needed to be called as an M2. If anyone wants a copy let me know.

Karlfrans
x3tc

Post by Karlfrans » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 17:48

This could be useful when trading with a TL, but not until there is a way to get the cargo out again. (To a factory for example)

kartelusm
x4

Post by kartelusm » Mon, 19. May 08, 19:21

On another thread someone asked what class of ship can do one/multi sector patrol and was answered correctly m6 and above. But, and I'm sorry if anyone mentioned this already, I think that in v1.41 of this beautiful script came a file called setup.zaddons.patrols.xml witch adds patrol commands to m3, m4 and m5 with FCS MkII. If anyone can confirm that it true, maybe that is the difference between 1.40 and 1.41?

Tharrick

Post by Tharrick » Fri, 1. Aug 08, 21:28

OK, I seem to have run into, well, into a MAJOR problem.

I have deployed fighters. They fought, they won. Now all but three have returned to the carrier. The three that are there are stuck with no orders - they won't follow any orders I send to them, and even when I try transporting into them, the autopilot will not turn off. Only difference was that it set them to 'idle' rather than 'none' - and they went jetting off in random directions at about 75m/s (these things are xenon LXs, all tuned to ~150m/s normally)

I had to call my personal fighter over and jump out of them!

Never seen this before running this script.

I'm on fully updated x3, running the LV cheat scripts, bonus pack and this

Mr Tibbs
x3

Post by Mr Tibbs » Tue, 12. Aug 08, 21:17

Great script here. Just a couple of suggestions that would make it fantastic.

Turret commands currently only effect the first turret. I use M3+ fighters like the eclipse alot which have 2 turrets.
Would be a good idea to check for number of turrets then using a while loop to scan through them
eg

Code: Select all

while $nb
  dec $nb
  $ship = $shiparray[$nb]
  $turret.count = $ship -> get number of turrets
  if $turretorder == 0
    while $turret.count
      $ship -> start task 1 with script '!turret.missiledefense.std' and prio 0: arg1=$turret.count arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
      dec $turret.count
    end
  else if and so on and so forth
This will catch all turrets on any docked ship so they all do something while in combat

Also I feel that the equip ship command works better if you specifiy the amount of ware each fighter should have on board rather than amount to add.

eg I have 30 Novas with 2 mass drivers each. I want to make sure that before their next combat mission they all have 20 mass driver ammos and 20 mosquito units as standard. This gives the fleet a more organised approach to re arming.

I've had a play and it works quite nicely that way with a little extra code.
I've also added an argument to ask what class of ship to upgrade. I only want my M4 and M3s to have ammo not my M5s etc.

All in all a brilliant job though. It's become one of my most used addons while organising my fleet movements.

Edit...

Another handy addition that I put in is to have the option screens popping up without having to exit out of the whole command screen then going into player messages.

I've done this by adding

<t id="1">[center]Welcome to [b]Anarkis Carrier Commands[/b] main menu\n</t>
to the t file then in
  • anarkis.cmd.carrier.tactics
    anarkis.cmd.set.homebase
added the following code near the top of the file

$welcome = sprintf: padeid="8510" textid="1", null, null, null, null,null
@ wait 30 ms
send incoming message $welcome to player: display it=TRUE
pops the message direct to the front

Tharrick

Post by Tharrick » Sun, 5. Oct 08, 15:22

Here's something:

I'm using the XTM mod, and have run into some issues using the ACC script on several ships.

For some time I was using an Odin (Terran carrier ship) as my flagship, and ACC works fine on that. But when I try using ACC to set any other ship with a fighter bay as a fighter homebase, the game freezes and I have to CAD.

Scripts:
Anarkis Carrier Commands :: Anarkis Federation :: Yes :: 1.41 :: 04/11/2006
Asteroid Relocator :: Nividium :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 10/10/2007
Asteroid creator :: Fud :: Yes :: 1.2 :: 23/07/2006
BBS Project 2 :: moot :: Yes :: 2.5 :: 06/05/2008
Bail Signal Extension :: voxol/xfir01 :: Yes :: 2.1 :: 18/08/2007
Factory Complex Constructor :: Dusty :: Yes :: 3.21 :: 22/09/2007
LV's Cheats :: LV :: Yes :: 1.4 :: 15/09/2007
Xtended Mod Scripts :: The Xtended Team :: Yes :: 0.7.3 :: 03/09/2007

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 5. Oct 08, 20:36

The script is meant to work with M1's and TL's, not any "ship with a fighter bay". What ships are you trying to use it on?

I've used XTM for a very long time, along with fifty or so other scripts, and have never had a crash with ACC.

Tharrick

Post by Tharrick » Mon, 6. Oct 08, 00:25

I tried it on the Goner Aran and a Valhalla. Both ships have the ACC commands in their command list, but with both ships when I use the homebase settings command, and select any kind of ship, the game freezes up.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 6. Oct 08, 00:43

Never used those; might be the ships. I've used a lot of BSG ships and all X3 ships without any problems.

Tharrick

Post by Tharrick » Mon, 6. Oct 08, 23:08

After a bit of poking around, I've come to the realisation that the Valhalla can't actually pack either Fight Command software - that might be it, maybe? (Coulda sworn I'd got them, but apparantly I don't)

Ronburgundysguns
x3

Constant messages

Post by Ronburgundysguns » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 21:34

Is there any way to disable the constant stream of messages "You don't have enough ships in SHIPNAME for this command.
I've got 10 TLs automated in sectors with 6 to 14 Eclipses in. I'm getting 10 messages a minute from them as they chase enemies.
Greta script tho'. I also use this with Cycrows mercenary script and call the TLs in to sector to do the jobs for me as I watch from a distance. Beautiful, man.
'I Call them my Guns'

Marblecatdog
x3ap

Post by Marblecatdog » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 10:17

Does this script work with M3+s? I had a group of 4 nova's and one eclipse and when i told my TL to launch a defensive wing it told me there was not enough ships and only launched the 4 nova's, leaving the eclipse still docked, any ideas?

Aliens62
x3tc

Post by Aliens62 » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 14:10

SPK download link appears broken.....would like to download this if possible??

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 20:16

wow so many posts i missed.

The script is no longer updated as I moved to X3 TC. Feel free to make any change you want and publish them, my scripts now beeing "open source" (as long as proper credits are included).

Up to date download links are available on my website

http://anarkisfederation.99k.org

however SPK format ain't supported anymore.
Just unzip the archive in your X3 Reunion folder.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 02:41

Hey i just installed your script and i'm liking it, but i cant find the turret commands?

I know you said there had been some issues with these but where 'should' i find them because i'm not sure i'm looking in the right place. Are they supposed to be with the other ones in the carrier 'orders' menue?

Well i guess i could wait a while for a reply seeing as you've moved on to TC, .... can anyone tell me where i'm supposed to find the turret orders?

Thanks!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 10:10

erm..........you do realise the 'Turret Commands' are only for your docked ships? Not the carrier itself? You will find it under 'ACC Set Battle Tactics' in the Additional Command slot of your carrier.

Edit: and you would've found that info yourself if you had looked at the 1st post on the 1st page! :P
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 10:52

Yeah i realise the turret commands are for the docked ships and not the 'carrier' itself. I just couldn't find the commands, but you've told me so thanks ... i'll go have a look.

I read the first few pages of the thread a couple of days ago but i'll be damned if i'm reading all 60 pages. So :P and thanks again!

edit: eh? Only 26 pages!? LOL

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 11:01

You did'nt have to read each and every page. Just the 1st post on the 1st page. Infact. Here. I'll paste the info I found for you! :D

ACC: Set Battle Tactics
This command will show a menu to change how the fighters will act in battle. You will be allowed to change how much damage a ship is allowed to take, the missile usage, to change turret orders of the docked ships, and more.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 11:23

Well thanks Buck Rogers from Aberdeenshire, i found the commands for the turrets :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 11:43

You are indeed welcome Liquidlight88 from Devon :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”