[script] [19.08.08] [X3 2.5] STO 1.72 overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 11:31

Maxim Ownage wrote:I've been enjoying using your script, but I have two questions.

I've taken over the 9 southern most Paranid sectors, and I have my options configured right, but their stations continue to respawn. I have sufficient ships to deal with this, so the only problem has been inconvience. You mentioned that 17 is the max number of stations that can be built in a sector. If I have 17 player owned stations in a sector, should the Paranid respawning stop?

Second, with the command "allow consume", does that effect Equipment Docks as well as Trading Stations?

I'm currently using STO v1.62
1. I stopped the respawning by destroying stations. In my opinion only docks respawned (shipyards, tradedocks, equipmentdocks). This was wrong as you can see. In my script only the respawning docks are destroyed and not the other respawning stations.
This can´t be changed so easily, because if i changed the script in this way, there would never again be the possibility to allow population with stations of the former sector owner. I. e., if you have conquered Trantor, then you couldn´t allow Argon Stations. Don´t know what´s better, a surplus of stations or not being able to allow all races. :wink:
In sectors of these races respawn either none station or only docks: Xenon, Khaak, Pirates and Unknown.

The respawning itself is hardcoded and can´t be prevented directly, so if you have 17 stations in the sector, my script won´t place any more stations, but the hardcoded routine in X3 does.

2. No, only tradedocks are affected and only these in own sectors.

Maxim Ownage

Post by Maxim Ownage » Fri, 4. Apr 08, 04:39

Thank you for the quick response.

In my experience, Sectors that previously contained a shipyard respawn the shipyard first, then the equip dock, then the trade station. Those that only contained a trade dock of the three respawn the trade dock first. It appears the GOD respawns the stations in order of importance to the previous race. Additionally, along with the stations, laser towers are built 60% of the time as well.

The combination of taking the sector over, and supressing the respawning stations and laser towers drop your recognition with the enemy race tremendously, and rapidly. These events make it seemingly impossible to raise your recognition high enough to achieve amicable standing with the enemy race.

Thusly, war with them seems never ending. Thier towers attack your ships, you are unable to land in their stations to accept recognition building bbs missions, and they have corvette class military that attacks you in any of thier other sectors preventing you from killing pirates.

If I'm missing some method to raise my recognition with the Paranid, I'm definatly open to suggestions..

Once again, thanks for the great script. It's added hours to my game, and refreshed my interest in general.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 4. Apr 08, 14:47

Maxim Ownage wrote: Thusly, war with them seems never ending. Thier towers attack your ships, you are unable to land in their stations to accept recognition building bbs missions, and they have corvette class military that attacks you in any of thier other sectors preventing you from killing pirates.

If I'm missing some method to raise my recognition with the Paranid, I'm definatly open to suggestions..
I think it should be able to fly with a fast M3 into a Paranid sector with a pirate base to destroy some pirate-ships. Don´t know exactly how many pirate-ships need to be destroyed, until the notority of the Paranids increases to an acceptable level, but i think that are not so many.

If this isn´t possible, you may think of this "war" like a feature holding your interest in the game high :wink:

Another way changing the notority may be changing it with a script. I made a script like this for an error in the Mod Transcend for Terran Sector Guards attacking Split and Paranid ships. If you modify this script, so that the race "player" stand instead of "Terran", it would possibly work. But you should change it in the way that it doesn´t run global.

http://www.merchant-haven.de/downloads. ... l&df_id=41

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 15:21

Update:

http://www.merchant-haven.de/downloads. ... l&df_id=27

Version 1.63 (05.04.08 )
changes:

- Now all respawning stations and their orbital lasers are destroyed, at the setup of this version all stations and orbital lasers in the own sectors are marked once, so that they are not destroyed
- additional error- and acknowledged-beep for the options added

Archive includes Script-Installer-File, too

This update was necessary, because if you started conquering sectors of a people race, you discovered, that the stations and orbital lasers of this race respawned in your sectors. The docks were destroyed, but not the factories and orbital lasers.
The population-routine of STO is of course not impaired by this.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 15:55

Update:

Version 1.65 (22.04.08 )
changes:

- error in previous version fixed, spawning solar plants in own sectors were destroyed immidiatly

- Solar powerplants now have crystals as secondary resource. Existing solarplants with primary resource crystals are not automatically repaired, because some player may have planned their sectors with primary resource and I don´t want to destroy their production lines. If you want to change the existing solarplants from primary to secundary resource, you have to start the script plugin.STO.repair.solar.plants. Secondary-Resource-SPs have approximatly half the production of Primary-Resource-SPs, this is the original value

- error in banking fixed

- a few parts made as library scripts

- population-routine overworked

Balto

Post by Balto » Sat, 3. May 08, 01:51

I have noticed a few minor problems with npc stations utilizing XTM wares:

-"Special Weapon" complexes are occasionally spawned that produce items other than weapons: (Marines, Cyborgs, etc)

-XTM Shield facilities frequently have incorrect names.
For example a Military 10GJ shield fact may be spawned as "Shield Prod. Facility 5MJ".
Fortunately the stations function as intended, only the names are inaccurate.

I don't know if you're open to requests, but I would like a bit more control over which races stations are spawned in my sectors:

As it works now you have only two choices: All races or one specific race.
It would be nice if you could choose any arbitrary combination of races (Argon and Teladi, etc).
As an XTM user it would also be nice if the Terran, Yaki and Pirates were added as options.

Finally, are you aware of any compatibility problems with ARES?
ARES doesn't seem to work with sectors conquered via STO, but I didn't have any problems using it with Sector Takeover.
I should probably post this in the ARES thread as well, but it can't hurt to ask.

STO is a great script despite a few minor problems.
I really like the extra control it offers compared to Sector Takeover.

-Peace

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Sat, 3. May 08, 08:10

Hi Trickmov,

Does a player HQ count as a "trade dock" when I use your script? Can I take a sector over by building my HQ in it instead of a Trading dock?

Thxv :)

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 3. May 08, 14:11

Balto wrote:I have noticed a few minor problems with npc stations utilizing XTM wares:

-"Special Weapon" complexes are occasionally spawned that produce items other than weapons: (Marines, Cyborgs, etc)

-XTM Shield facilities frequently have incorrect names.
For example a Military 10GJ shield fact may be spawned as "Shield Prod. Facility 5MJ".
Fortunately the stations function as intended, only the names are inaccurate.
This is both the same error, and not only STO is responsible for this:
these extra-stations in XTM are in fact stations of another type that have other wares than the original stations and another name.
STO copies one of the existing stations of the given type and race. So it randomly will find a station Shield Prod. Facility 5 MJ. This is the real stationtype. In XTM this station is changed in above descriped way: renamed as Military 10 GJ shield facility and wares 10GJ shield.

STO now places the newstation (5MJ Prod.) and copies the wares. The name of the station isn´t changed at all, so it will have the name of 5MJ Prod. Changing the name wasn´t so easy, because when you change the name of a station, the serial name (alpha, beta, gamma ...) can be changed no more with the script command for this.

So i had to take the name with included serial name, removing the serial name, adding the correct new serial name and renaming the new station.

In the next version it will be included.
I don't know if you're open to requests, but I would like a bit more control over which races stations are spawned in my sectors:

As it works now you have only two choices: All races or one specific race.
It would be nice if you could choose any arbitrary combination of races (Argon and Teladi, etc).
As an XTM user it would also be nice if the Terran, Yaki and Pirates were added as options.
Generally i´m always open to requests, especially if it´s an improvement for one of my scripts.

A combination of the races could be realized as something like this:
Instead of giving the race by the numbers 1-5, you could give a combination like 13 (Argon and Split) or 245 (Boron, Paranid and Teladi).

Adding Terran, Yaki and Pirates should be no problem. I just thought, that all station you want to have in your sectors are possible for the five races.

Both changes i will include in the next version (takes a bit time).
Finally, are you aware of any compatibility problems with ARES?
ARES doesn't seem to work with sectors conquered via STO, but I didn't have any problems using it with Sector Takeover.
I should probably post this in the ARES thread as well, but it can't hurt to ask.
Yes it´s a compatibility problem:
STO prevents the respawning of stations by destroying them. To allow the stations STO spawns itself, these stations are marked.

ARES places at the beginning some stations that are not owned by the player. These stations are of course not marked and will be destroyed immidiatly. I have solved the problem for the next version, but i have informed the author of ARES about this problem and how to solve it.

STO is a great script despite a few minor problems.
I really like the extra control it offers compared to Sector Takeover.

-Peace
ORIOLE wrote: Does a player HQ count as a "trade dock" when I use your script? Can I take a sector over by building my HQ in it instead of a Trading dock?
No, the HQ doesn´t count as trade dock. This is not because it would be difficult to change this, but in the HQ you have an extra-version of the sector-analysis, which uses the same command-slot like the "STO options" command in the trade docks.
Including both, the extra analysis and HQ claiming would mean to use two command slots which i absolutely don´t want. (due to the limited number of command slots at all).

And i think, that something like buyable tunings or consumed wares doesn´t belong to the HQ, so the tradedock has now a real purpose.
Last edited by Trickmov on Sat, 3. May 08, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 3. May 08, 18:46

Update:

Version 1.68 (03.05.08 )
changes:

- names of a few stations in XTM fixed
- new races added (Terran, Goner, Yaki and Pirates)
- Combinations of races now possible
- second terran tradedock now accepted as STO tradedock, too
- problem with ARES fixed (without guarantee!)

About the new races:
STO copies existing stations of the given race(s). If none exists, none will be placed.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 3. May 08, 20:46

New version comes out four hours later.

Trickmov, I'm impressed.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 3. May 08, 21:43

russbo wrote:New version comes out four hours later.

Trickmov, I'm impressed.
I hate errors in my scripts :oops: and i had just started a new XTM-game myself, so it wasn´t so difficult to make these changes. :wink:

I think most faults are probably in the translation texts, if you find one, please report. This counts for all my scripts (my english isn´t the best :oops: ).

Balto

Post by Balto » Sun, 4. May 08, 00:05

Trickmov wrote:Version 1.68 (03.05.08 )
changes:

- names of a few stations in XTM fixed
- new races added (Terran, Goner, Yaki and Pirates)
- Combinations of races now possible
- second terran tradedock now accepted as STO tradedock, too
- problem with ARES fixed (without guarantee!)
Wow, that was fast!
Many, many thanks.
I'll test the new version with ARES tonight and report back to you.
Trickmov wrote:(my english isn´t the best :oops: ).
Your english is much, much better than my german :)

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 4. May 08, 23:30

So, when you script destroys spawning stations my reputation for the race owning the station get lowered? If that is true it might be worthwhile bumping the players repp up for every stations that is suppressed.

Mind, I am not complaining about getting a bad repp when I destroy an other race's station in my takeover attempt 8) There's no such thing as a free lunch..... unless you are a Xenon, maybe, I'm not sure :P

I just gathered it worked this way from an earlier post in this thread.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 5. May 08, 06:38

Locksley wrote:So, when you script destroys spawning stations my reputation for the race owning the station get lowered? If that is true it might be worthwhile bumping the players repp up for every stations that is suppressed.

Mind, I am not complaining about getting a bad repp when I destroy an other race's station in my takeover attempt 8) There's no such thing as a free lunch..... unless you are a Xenon, maybe, I'm not sure :P

I just gathered it worked this way from an earlier post in this thread.
The destruction of the respawning stations by the script doesn´t decrease your reputation.
Only if you destroy stations yourself, for overtaking a sector or so, your reputation is lowered (of course).

The destruction routine in STO is necessary, because the X3-Spawning-Routine is hardcoded and can´t be prevented directly. So you either will have more than the allowed stations in your sectors or the script destroys these extra stations for you.

Normally there are no problems with it, because there are nearly no scripts, that place stations, that doesn´t belong to the player, in your sectors.
ARES does do the following:
Before starting building the complex, it builds some stations, not owned by the player, to control the building of the complex. After the building, these stations are handed over to the player or destroyed by ARES itself.

The control stations are not marked by STO and in the previous version, they were destroyed immidiatly, so ARES couldn´t go on working.

By the way, SectorTakeover destroys stations, too. But there are only the spawning docks destroyed and not unmarked spawning factories.

If there are scripts that place NPC-stations to your sector, it´t easy to prevent STO destroying these stations by setting the local var "STO.marked" on the station to [TRUE] at first after having built it or before using STO in this sector.

All marked stations are not destroyed. For instance, when overtaking a pirate sector with some extra-stations (no pirate-stations), before the ownership is set to the player all extra-stations in this sector will be marked and not be destroyed.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 5. May 08, 16:55

Update:

Version 1.70 (05.05.08 )
changes:

- minor changes in respawn-suppression and in sectorscan
- tax-messages can be switched on or off in the AL-Plugins
- taxes changed:
  • before distraining, STO will search for cash on the stations accounts
  • now 50% of the average value of the station are calculated, not only the tax-rate
  • complexes will be distrained as whole, but for the taxes, still every complex-station counts
  • a surplus of cash from a distraining will be added to your account

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 17:23

I would love to try this script but its in a .rar file. Could someone PM me if they want to E-Mail me the script file unpacked?
I would really like to try this script as I am about to go on a split offensive.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 18:06

Hi Blood-Hunter,

Download one of the free unzip/unrar programs - I am using 7-Zip, and it works.

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 23:16

B-O'F wrote:Hi Blood-Hunter,

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Fathers Computer, hes strict at what is downloaded and wont let me download the extractor or I would have Xtended Mod by now.

But yeah downloading the 7-zip crossed my mind before.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 00:22

Blood-Hunter wrote:

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Fathers Computer, hes strict at what is downloaded and wont let me download the extractor or I would have Xtended Mod by now.

Sending the uncompressed version isn´t so easy, because STO doesn´t include only one script, but many. I could send you the Script-Installer-File, but then you don´t have the pdf-documentation.

If you don´t have Cycrow´s Script-Installer, i am unable to help you with this problem.

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 06:31

Trickmov wrote:
Blood-Hunter wrote:

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Sending the uncompressed version isn´t so easy, because STO doesn´t include only one script, but many. I could send you the Script-Installer-File, but then you don´t have the pdf-documentation.

If you don´t have Cycrow´s Script-Installer, i am unable to help you with this problem.
I do have Cycrows Script installer if that helps any. I just cant unpack .rars and cannot DL the things for it less father would banish me from his computer and or X3 for life :shock:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”