[ *** V.2 ***] Realspace Backgrounds Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 16. Sep 07, 20:33

please, post as many pics as you wish, everybody!! :D

mrcann

Post by mrcann » Sun, 16. Sep 07, 20:54

ok, here goes another one :)

[ external image ]

killercop
x4

Post by killercop » Mon, 17. Sep 07, 09:35

Great work,I translated this topic into german and posted it in the german s&m-forum and in seizewell. Never X3 seemed so realistic.
WIR SIND DIE BORG - WIDERSTAND IST ..................Spannung durch Stromstärke!

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Mon, 17. Sep 07, 22:32

thank you for this mod.
it is great , what an addon to the game.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Tue, 18. Sep 07, 21:04

Well, I think, there's a problem with a missing background.

I'm using the XTM-Version 0.1, and there's no background in Queen's Space.
It'd be a perfect sector to write scripts, but I don't think it's intended.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 12:01

I assume that you have correctly installed the mod on top of the XTM and that you are using it with the XTM mod...

Do also other "ex foggy" sectors have this problem (neighbour sectors to Queen's space)??? These have been replaced by my mod so it seems your game is trying to use the old backgrounds... :?

At the moment I don't have the XTM installed but looking inside a custom map of that mod it seems that Queen's space has the background nr. 14 which is the nr. 13 in the TBackgrounds.pck becouse the list start with 0 ... :gruebel: , so it seems that the background X2S is missing in your game.

Don't know why since in my file it is al ok, I also opened the the map with the ingame editor and jumped to Queen's space, where a nice Crab nebula is in background... :roll:

Just try to reinstall it or also to download the file again...a guy had a similar problem a few days ago and it was a corrupted file.

If you wnat to dig into the files, then open the cat file of my mod and look for a "missing" :?objects/environments/nebulae/x2S/nebula_x2S_stars_01.bbd

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 12:11

X3 Vanilla is unpacked in my X3 Folder and I'm using two mods: XTM (All in one package) and a personal mod including sounds, HUD, some fixed ship errors, ... and your mod, too.

I tested it in a custom universe for script testing. It has only 20 sectors near the argon territory, the other ones have been removed. Before I installed your mod, everything was OK.

Afterwards, every sector was OK, except Queen's space. The mentioned file is available and in my 02.cat/dat. The used TBackgrounds-file is, of course, your one.

Well, it should work, but it doesn't. I'll reinstall and, if it doesn't work then, try to find an error in the TBackgrounds-file.

btw: Where can you find those X2 nebulae?

<Edit>
Strange... Rolk's Fate has the same background, but this one's displayed...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 12:23

X-Freak Cartman wrote:
I tested it in a custom universe for script testing. It has only 20 sectors near the argon territory, the other ones have been removed. Before I installed your mod, everything was OK.
...so if you're using a custom universe and not an XTM one, no one can tell which background is set there but you.

I suggest you first look inside your map to be sure you have set a background having nr. from 1 to 62, other numbers are not listed in the TBackgrounds so maybe the map recalls an empty background, e.g., 63, etc.

----------------------

look here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=50079

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 12:30

Realspace wrote:I suggest you first look inside your map...
(As I wrote) It's the XTM universe with a single trading station in each sector, the shipyards as usual and only a few sectors. bg14 is set in Rolk's Fate and Queen's space, nowhere else. (btw: restarted X3, there's no bg in Rolk's Fate as well. Sry for the wrong information in my last post).

I didn't change the bg, I just removed unnecessary stations and jobs.

Actually, it should work.

<Edit>
Used it as an additional mod and it works. Strange behaviour.

btw: Nice work, I like it ^^
Well, it'd be nice if there was a larger variety ^^

<Edit2>
grml... seems as if neither the X2Archiver nor the X3 Mod Manager works on my laptop anymore... They add the files, but X3 doesn't load some of them. First, it was your background, now, it was the HUD...

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 18:08

Wow!..This is serious Eye Candy!..Love this MOD! Took hours on my 56k, but was well worth it! Thanks
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 23. Sep 07, 18:31

Yes, definitely a great + to the X3 Universe :)

I just noticed an issue with background #8 --> I got a kind of shadowed Pyramid in the background :S

have a look to:
- Moo Kye's Revenge
- Pontifex Seclusion
- Unholy Descent

as examples

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 13:07

I can't see it, where exactly? The nebula is the deepred, the custom one...

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 13:10

I just tried your mod this weekend - awesome work mate - big thumbs up. And what I like most: You got rid of the nebula in the sectors where not needed. :) :)
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 19:25

Realspace wrote:I can't see it, where exactly? The nebula is the deepred, the custom one...
Here is the issue:

[ external image ]

My current graphic settings:

[ external image ]

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 23:17

i have a 7900 gtx and i have no problems with real space.
I wouldn"t want to play with out this mod after getting use to it

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 23:28

I also noticed while in Bila-Gi's joy when im pointing my ship a certain direction (I think twards the North) The nebula kinda looks a bit odd...(in corners it looks like the camera extends beyond the "cone" of the blue nebula) Ill post screenies when I can to show what I mean...(when i get more time to
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Tue, 2. Oct 07, 23:58

i get the same thing with the blue smoke sections i see the triaggles .
but the mod is still great

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 3. Oct 07, 16:10

I'm currently using a false patch of many different enhancments for the game that "I" like in it..One of the enhancments is a background.pck that gives me 480km view in all sectors with "zero" fog. I use this for performance reasons. I really love your mod, but I don't love "any" fog....My question is:

I would like to rip out of your mod the wonderful backgrounds and put them in my own "personal" false patch. I however, do not know which ones to add to my .cat to where I still maintain my "fogless" universe.

Basically, I'm just wanting the game to default to your "backgrounds only" and not the other additions you made to your mod as well.

Thanks
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 19:10

well, just edit the TBackgrounds.pck and eliminate all fog...if this is what you mean. Or use a TBackgrounds file of yours (fogless) and see the results. :)

Phlt,
the issue with the triangles appearing, I think it depends by the fog settings that are too high. I used even 40 in very foggy sectors but then this make the fog layer "fatter" so they show the borders. I've no time now to change it, but you can edit the TBackgrounds and lower the setting in the foggy sectors to max 9

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 19:19

K, thanks for the reply :)

You did a really good job there. Keep on going :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”