AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 19:19

Looking at the code it should always be the 3 pronged warning unless i've put a soundbyte somewhere i forgot about

This leads me to conclude something else is interrupting the messages which could easily be the case as they have a 0 priority

smiley
x3tc

Post by smiley » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 19:28

Ah well, will try to pay more attention, see if that's the problem.

Found out why the search didn't work. Only other mention of Warning and Destroyer I can find in this thread is "Warning-Destroyer" etc. No wonder it didn't come up as 2 separate words.

Cheers.

Smiley
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 21:25

Just throwing my two cents in here.

I've had the same thing happen to me, but I don't have any of the same scripts (other than RRF) as the OP in an earleir post. I get either 1, 2 or all 3 voice warnings, also spread out (not in a nice contiguous voice).

Couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be, until one day I got all three and then saw a Khaak M1 come into the sector, and got a SEWN warning (satellite network) from a neighboring sector on the other Khaak (they usually go as pairs), which then jumped into the same sector as it's buddy (and me). Then I figured out the messages, since I think that is related to the RRF skirmish invasion stuff.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 09:32

There's many a time I hear just "WARNING" and absolutely nothing happens. Nothing is audibly "overtopping" the message, as far as I know. One time it happened, one of my selling freighters died OOS but I doubt that's related.

I never hear "WARNING DESTROYER," but when I hear the whole thing a ship actually jumps in, usually the Khaak in a gateless fashion, usually in the NW.

Krashtest
x3tc

Post by Krashtest » Fri, 11. Jul 08, 15:36

How about "Argon One" ???

I play the plot with XTM and RRF installed.

But the ship "Argon One" was missing.
I've uninstalled correctly the script RRF but Argon One didn't reappear

I've also use the little script "Agron One finder" with no success

any idea ?
thxs

Krashtest
x3tc

Post by Krashtest » Fri, 11. Jul 08, 15:58

I've tried this script
I have written a fix script but you will need to test as i don't know how the game tags A1 as in my load the pilot name was not Ban Danna

the script below will create another Argon One (english version only) and maybe fix but you will have to tell me

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3scrip ... ne.one.xml

right click and save this file into your x3 scripts directory then run it manually via the SE once your game has loaded with r,enter,enter
The Argon One appear in Argon Prime, but there is no Ban Danna on board ..... :(

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 08:23

OOZ662 wrote:There's many a time I hear just "WARNING" and absolutely nothing happens. Nothing is audibly "overtopping" the message, as far as I know. One time it happened, one of my selling freighters died OOS but I doubt that's related.

I never hear "WARNING DESTROYER," but when I hear the whole thing a ship actually jumps in, usually the Khaak in a gateless fashion, usually in the NW.
I will sometimes have problems where, normally I would hear the voice say something, but after several hours of playing, things either don't work, or only come out as a "blip" sound. This includes messages when you target a ship or station, and the computer would identify the type, or some other message that only comes through as a piece, not the whole thing.

I think it gets worse the more times you try targeting an "unknown" XTM ship that has no spoken name to it. For instance, you target a Skate or a Whale and you might hear "Boron....zzkkzkzz" and that's all. Considering the popularity and amount of work gone into making XTM, you'd think it'd be worth it to have someone (*cough* Egosoft, maybe?) create a few more souundbytes for this purpose.

Personally, I think it's a memory leak rather than a script error, and usually exiting the game and reloading refreshs things for you.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 09:00

I've never experienced that. I'm enough of a loser to leave them game SETAx10 all night far off the elliptical to make cash, and I can come back and hop right back in so long as Skirmishes are disabled (otherwise ships pile up frozen in the sector while you're gone).

unknown1
x4

Mega Invasion

Post by unknown1 » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 19:32

Edit LV

merged, this is an RRF feature

______

Hi all.I just want to know if wath you will read further is the result of the mod i have installed or from my scripts:
1)i have Roguey MOD v3.1
2)My scripts are :a)LV cheats
b)Rapid response fleets
c)khaak cluster commands
d)litcubes xenon khaak invasions
e)sector takeover
f)BSE
g)Xenon migration
NOW the mission :I was in Power Circle and doked at the SPP XL with my Mamba:After selling a capturet Hercules
I read the BBS and come accros to this: All pilots willing to asist into invading Xenon sector 642 please dock at Paranid shipyards. I pressed YES and got to shipyard in Trinyty Sanctuum.I've then got a message that i must wait the invading fleet to jump in Trinity and then i must go to Xenon sector 642.I waited almost 1 min on seta and when i looked to the east gate i saw 1 Zeus and 4 Odysseus coming into the sector + some M6..all named invading M1 M2 M6 etc..i then imediately jumped to the xenon sector 642 and wath i saw maked me to freeze.. a dark and unholy sector full of angry XEnons..my fear stoped imediately when i saw the Paranid fleet coming through the gate and engaging the xenons..My FPS were most of the time 2 or 3...

So anyone know wath could cause tis super BBS mission...i must admit i am loving it

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 03:57

This isn't mine. I'm pretty sure this is stock.

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 10:16

I think it's due to Xenon Migration
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

Blown
x4

Post by Blown » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 10:44

Um... which version of the Race Response Fleet script are you using?

I think the latest version might be responsible for this, cause it ain't stock!!!1
Targeting and shooting Reds at every opportunity, and the occasional blue...

Thank you for your valuable assistance, we offer you a pittance in credits, and some goodwill for you covering for our incompetent defenses.

Please cease attacking our assets!

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 12:09

well i am using the Final version 1.7

Blown
x4

Post by Blown » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 12:31

Also pilots of high combat rank can aid the 5 races in their fight against the Xenon and Khaak.
That is from the page...
Might be something to do with it.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=105272
Last edited by Blown on Fri, 18. Jul 08, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Targeting and shooting Reds at every opportunity, and the occasional blue...

Thank you for your valuable assistance, we offer you a pittance in credits, and some goodwill for you covering for our incompetent defenses.

Please cease attacking our assets!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 12:36

I think these invasions are from RRF. Have a look at the thread or the readme that came with the script package. Might be something in those
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Ziorm

Race Fleet Response and Xtended Bala gi X3 v2.5

Post by Ziorm » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 19:14

Hello. Does the Race Fleet Response script work with X3 v2.5 and the Xtended mod + bonus pack ?
When i want install RFR it tells me that it might not work because of possible incompatibility with Bala Gi and 2.5.
If it's this, where can i find the Race Fleet Response compatible with?

Sorry for my bad english i'm French :roll:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 19:42

yes it works although it does have some problems with XTM, read this
thread backwards (pages not words) and you should have an idea of the problems it has with XTM
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 22:43

Im using it with XTM, for the most part its great. Only problem I recall is in some missions it hijacks plot-spawned ships and makes them jump out, thus breaking the mission. Its possible to work around that though.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 08:26

Algoran wrote:Im using it with XTM, for the most part its great. Only problem I recall is in some missions it hijacks plot-spawned ships and makes them jump out, thus breaking the mission. Its possible to work around that though.
This happened to me on the Boron Krait mission. Took me a while to figure out where it went (and that it didn't get destroyed during the mission), but eventually I found it, and BTW, the mission didn't get interrupted because of it...I still got the ship in the end, just had to go chasing after it as it was moving around the galaxy. :o

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 14:30

Oh nice, yea i got that and assumed itd be impossible to find :p I eventually managed to finish the mission after RRF had hijacked the krait but before it jumped out, thus giving me an RRF ship :p

Unfortunatly this caused an interesting bug later on due to the rapid response drive in the krait's cargo, which i wasnt supposed to have.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”