(LEVELED) - DDRS V2.5 with 55 custom ships and 6 custom shipyards

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 9. May 06, 23:41

On the initial splash screen (the one after the verification window scans your disc to make sure your not a thief) click the 'Select Mod' button, then click the mod in that window and hit ok, then start the game normally. You should be able to use any of the normal starts (or save game, but be ware of that) to get the new stuf in the mod.

Be warned, 1.4 compatibility issues may crop up, though not as often as they used to. Plus, all the new stations will not instaspawn (thats right, isn't it?).

Be patient, stuff will show up.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

thurl05
x3

Post by thurl05 » Wed, 10. May 06, 01:08

Great! I think I got it to work. I had to load a new game, but I was playing the original start game and I have been wanting to restart it and redo some ugly station building. I do have just two more questions tho...

How do I know the mod is working properly?

Is it possible to get the cockpit view back?

Thanks for all the help.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 10. May 06, 01:31

Argh...thanks for the reminder Nirwin...I uploaded a combined "final" script pack, and then completely forgot to update the initial post. While I was at it, I also added the 1.4 non-compatibility warning that you (and others) had suggested.

Here is what got added to the initial post in this thread:

Note: The current version of DDRS is not fully compatible with the 1.4 (and subsequent) patch for X3. If you run the current version, you will find that there are several anomalies...such as the new Tractor Beam factories and Freight Drone not being in the game. There are a number of other smaller updates that were brought in by 1.4.x that are also regressed...which are discussed somewhere in this thread.

Rest assured that there will be a 1.4.x compatible release in the near future, which will feature a number of new ships that I have added...as well as an entirely re-written script pack by Red Spot. When the new version is finally released for public consumption, you will need to start a new game, or install the mod on non-DDRS (e.g. "un-modified") 1.4.x X3 save game.

However, there are a number of people who have chosen to run the current mod on an updated 1.4.x version of X3, and just live with the discrepancies. It seems to be working in most cases, but is certainly not something that I (or Red Spot) can "officially" recommend. Caveat Emptor...use on 1.4.x at your own risk :roll:

...and then at the bottom, with the rest of the download links:

The final script pack for version 2.1d1...including all the tweaks and fixes released by Red Spot:
http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... iptPak.rar
(Just un-RAR into your /scripts folder, and you're good to go :D )

thurl05
x3

Post by thurl05 » Wed, 10. May 06, 02:17

I think I got it to work. Thank you so much for your help. The hard part about starting new I guess is being broke and flying an argon discover.

Thanks again

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 10. May 06, 03:33

Loss of the 'Freight Drone' isn't as big as you'd think.

In the process of using them in the Salvage Mod, AalaarDB and I found out they were bugged. Give them coords to spawn at, they only used 2 of the points, and not necessarily the right ones. Tell it to go somewhere, it'd move abit, then stop.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

thurl05
x3

Post by thurl05 » Wed, 10. May 06, 06:36

Now that I have it restarted, to play one of the new ships do I have to complete the original story line first? The reason I ask is that I wanted to play the Thor specifically as its part of a family history thing. I have been reading the help files, the readme and the boards, but it seems to open more questions than it answers.

Thank you for your patience.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Wed, 10. May 06, 08:39

Deadly Da;

Whilst you are in the porcess of finalising the models, can you please confirm that the base model for the Split Caiman (the one bought in Family Pride) is correct and doesn't have the faults I noted (screenshots aswell) on Page 34 of this topic?

Found here: http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=495

It's a small little thing I know but it looks abit diky having the front and rear ends "pushed in" as it were.

hope this helps

regards
Snowship

AgentExeider
x4

Post by AgentExeider » Wed, 10. May 06, 08:43

I was pplaying this paticular mod i thought it was great. I have a suggestion and its only because I'm a fan of the series. But is there a way you could incorporate the Arwing fighter and Wolfen fighter from the Starfox series. That would be so cool. because I've created a fleet of ships and with me flying an arwing at the head of it wold be awesome.

Do you think you could add that in for you next version of your mod

AgentExeider
[ external image ]
"I suppose I could part with one and still be feared."

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 10. May 06, 09:37

thurl05 wrote:Now that I have it restarted, to play one of the new ships do I have to complete the original story line first? The reason I ask is that I wanted to play the Thor specifically as its part of a family history thing. I have been reading the help files, the readme and the boards, but it seems to open more questions than it answers.

Thank you for your patience.
Yes the plot must be completed before the DDRS content is activated, this is to prevent the extra content from damaging any balancing of the game whilst doing the plot.

Good Luck

---EDIT---
Though I should point out that you may see NPC ships flying some of the DDRS ships whilst the plot is still ongoing, and you can capture the M3/M4/M5 ones.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

thurl05
x3

Post by thurl05 » Wed, 10. May 06, 20:05

That actually is a great idea. I will get started on the misisons asap. Thanks for all the help.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 12. May 06, 04:53

Love the mod, can't do without the new ships in fact. X3 just doesn't seem worth it without them....But the mod does slow framerate somewhat compared to vanilla, and I was wondering about it. Is it because the DDRS scripts generate too many mod NPC ships for the game to handle?

And if my hunch is accurate, can't the mod scripts be changed to generate less npc mod ships, make them more of a rarity? Except for missions of course...

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 12. May 06, 05:28

OK folks...the wait is almost over.

I am very close to having a fully 1.4.3-compatible version of DDRS ready to go...completely re-balanced...and with all the new ships.

I may play it safe, and ask for a couple of beta-testers before turning it lose on an un-suspecting public...but the good news is that it is not too far away (I am running it now).

The bad news is that I will be using the older version of the script pack. The new script pack is still coming...and you can rest assured that it will be very sweet indeed.

However you have all been waiting a looong time, and after kicking it around with Red Spot, and in light of all the people who are running the 2.1d1 version on 1.4.3 anyway...I decided to proceed with getting a clean 1.4.x capable release uploaded.

Since y'all have been exceedingly patient...I'll even toss in another new ship. This is the Ranger, and is based on an model by Steve Wilson. Steve does a lot of modeling based on the old-style Galactica theme. I decided to scale it down some, and use it as an M6 Cruiser.

The poly count is a bit higher than I'd like, but I managed to cut it down from 440k+ polygons to just over 60k. Since it still loads fine, and I really don't want to lose any more detail than I have to, I'll stop there.

I've probably spent more time on this ship than I should have...but I wanted to get it right since I plan to use it as my primary M6 :D:

As always, just click on the image for a larger view:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

...and here is a view from the bridge of the ship:

[ external image ]

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Fri, 12. May 06, 06:16

Deadly,

Excellent work! Your team is one of the reasons X3 lives on. I Will be looking forward to your new mod.

Thanks.

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Fri, 12. May 06, 06:43

hi stupid question but am new to mods i love this one has everything i ever wanted here but am unsure how to download it i have winrar on my computer is that the best way any help is welcomed thanks

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Fri, 12. May 06, 10:10

clive938 wrote:hi stupid question but am new to mods i love this one has everything i ever wanted here but am unsure how to download it i have winrar on my computer is that the best way any help is welcomed thanks
First of all, Deadly Wow, nice ship, I can understand the desire to fly that one personally, I too will be adding it to my collection and well done to Steve Wilson(?) for making the original.

Now this is the point where I wish I had access to the FAQ at work.
Go to the first page of this thread, at the bottom of the first post will be a number of links. click on the DDRS_ShipStation_Mod_V2.1d1.rar file. save it. Open it with winrar and then extract it to the base X3 folder e.g. "C:\program files\egosoft\x3"

Also from that first post you may want to download something titled Final_DDRS_2.1d1_ScriptPak.rar and install it in much the same way but into the script folder in the base X3 folder e.g. "C:\program files\egosoft\x3\scripts".
It solves some problems some people are having with the mod.

Then when starting up X3, after the disk has been verified click 'select mod package', choose DDRS_21d1, then click ok, then start the game.

Welcome to the world of DDRS, if you need any more help, then let me know.

Good luck

---EDIT---
Deadly am I correct that the version you are intending to release will not be compatible with the new script pack version?
If so I personally will still wait on RS. However I would be more than happy to beta test it for you if you like.
Nirwin
------

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Fri, 12. May 06, 14:33

hi thanks for the help but i cannot get it to work i get it trough winrar ok but the game wont play on 1.4 version so i deleted everything and started anew. no joy there the game starts but i cannot find where it tells me
' Select mod package ' in either versions :( am grathful for any help thank you.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:19

clive938 wrote:hi thanks for the help but i cannot get it to work i get it trough winrar ok but the game wont play on 1.4 version so i deleted everything and started anew. no joy there the game starts but i cannot find where it tells me
' Select mod package ' in either versions :( am grathful for any help thank you.
Ok, so first of all, you put the disk in the DVD/CD drive, then I assume you click on a link in the 'Start Menu' or on your desktop.
Once you do that Starforce should appear and it will say something like "Checking disc..." and it will have a progress bar.

Once that has finished it will bring up a screen in the middle of your desktop with the X3 logo on the left and a load of buttons on the right.
The second button from the bottom says "Start X3" DO NOT click that. INSTEAD 2 or 3 buttons above it there should be a button saying something like 'select mod package' (definately has the word mod in it), thats the one to click so you can choose DDRS. Then you can click start X3.

Do not be alarmed if once you start a game with the mod you don't notice anything different straight away, the content doesn't instaneously flood the game.

I hope this helps, if you still cant find the button (and my directions are bad so I can't blame you :D ) then let me know and I'll post a screenshot for you when I get home.
Nirwin
------

BlackFoXX
x3tc

Post by BlackFoXX » Fri, 12. May 06, 16:08

Hi,

I can't load any savegame with this mod. There's an error window saying, that my savegame would be corrupt.
Is there anybody who can help me?
Thx

BlackFoXX
Nichts ist unmöglich,
nur mathematisch unwahrscheinlich!

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 12. May 06, 16:25

BlackFoXX wrote:Hi,

I can't load any savegame with this mod. There's an error window saying, that my savegame would be corrupt.
Is there anybody who can help me?
Thx

BlackFoXX
If you are using it with patch 1.4 (or later) be advised that the mod is only compatible with 1.3, you will havve to wait a new version of the mod. If you are running it with X3 version 1.3 remember that once you install the mod you have to start a new game. If none of the above applies then wait for DeadlyDa/RedSpot to answer :D
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Fri, 12. May 06, 16:28

Deadly -> this has proberly already been asked, but are there any plans as to make the DDRS mod work together with the Xtended (M7) mod?

Right now i'm playing with the Xtended mod and kinda miss all the special ships from the DDRS :cry:

I know that a simple combining of the mods will have no success since both add new ships into the game and that they would conflict with eachother.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”