(LEVELED) - DDRS V2.5 with 55 custom ships and 6 custom shipyards

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 16:21

(GO)Scimitar wrote:
Red Spot wrote:
paratrooper_89 wrote:Will try translating that, although it may take awhile.
*basic* translation ..
WRONG!!!
Mailo wrote:So schlecht war die Uebersetzung von RedSpot nicht ... "hes joking about that I'm making 'X3.5'" heisst nicht "er macht sich darueber lustig", eher "er sagt im Scherz, ich wuerde X3.5 programmieren", was ja ungefaehr hinkommt ;)

:roll: ............ :P

G

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 21:59

Started up a new game this weekend. Cheated myself up a YT-2400 'Outrider' to see how it plays--unbelieveable!! It really is like an M3/M6 hybrid, but is really superior to most M6's because of its manueverability, speed and smaller target size.

WRAITHdrakansis
x3

Post by WRAITHdrakansis » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 00:05

Makes sense, I guess I'll wait( biting nails)......just from what I've seen, and heard about it. It will bw worth the wait.

kalimac
x3

Post by kalimac » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 02:07

You **can** play this Mod with the latest patch, just have to know that you chance random crashes. So far I have not gotten Too many crashes to make me not want to enjoy this great mod. But then I did stick with the Ultimate Bug Fest called Ulltima 9. You ever think a game has a lot of bugs, think again that game was so bad they had to send out a CD with all the patches on it after they finally got the half to play more then 30 Mins.

Yes you should stick with the 1.3 patch runs a lot better, but I was getting some graphic issues with that patch that were only fixed in the latestet patch so I am dealing with the crashes with the latest patch and the Mod. This Mod is good enough to off set the crashes for me. I can not wait for RS to feel his scripts are up to public standards but would rather wait then get some rush job.

Doomdark64
x3

Post by Doomdark64 » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 15:26

Great mod , excellent missions, but ive scoured every sector with an equipment dock and can find no bases to buy the ships from.
Maybe they dont spawn straight away or they are right outside of the main area but i havent fouind a single base.
Anyone else having this problem?

Regards

Doomdark

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 17:21

It sure can be tricky to find them, I suggest purchasing a maxed-out Jaguar Raider and scour those sectors, the bases can turn up in some pretty out-of-the-way places

---EDIT---
But they will be spawned by the time you've succesfully completed a mission.

My method for finding them is go to a suspected sector, tell ships to line up on x or y axis (birds eye view) so their sensors overlap a bit, then tell them all to fly to the opposite side of the sector, (make them all Jaguars and whack on SETA to speed up the process). I do that a bit outside the bounds of the gates.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

Doomdark64
x3

Post by Doomdark64 » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 18:42

Cheers Nirwin thanx for that

Regards

Doomdark

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 22:34

And a new patch just adds to the authors frustrations :)

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 23:15

Some ideas for playbalancing:

1) reduce cargo space for the Thor and Outrider M3's. The Outrider has ~750, which for its' in-game size compared to other M3's is kinda unrealistic.
2) reduce rudder manueverability for Thor, Outrider and other DDRS M3's. They're just too damned manueverable, can run rings around any other M3's. Combined with their superior speed, superior laser charge & recharge rates, turrets, etc. it just makes them too powerful.

Also it'd be great if 'defend the base' missions had the incoming bogeys red instead of blue.

'Capture the Basilisk' missions: it'd be wonderful if each Basilisk convoy had, like 3 TP's instead of just 1, so I don't have to reload so often when the damned ship refuses to be capped.

Other than that the mod rocks. :D

Regarding finding the 5 faction 'yards in sectors containing equipment docks: you can always save yr game, use LV's cheat script, use the 'sat' cheat--spawning an advanced navsat in every sector, plus a sat nr. each special 'yard if they're far from a sector's centre. Note the locations, then reload yr. old game.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 02:20

Hieronymos said:
  • 1) reduce cargo space for the Thor and Outrider M3's. The Outrider has ~750, which for its' in-game size compared to other M3's is kinda unrealistic.

2) reduce rudder manueverability for Thor, Outrider and other DDRS M3's. They're just too damned manueverable, can run rings around any other M3's. Combined with their superior speed, superior laser charge & recharge rates, turrets, etc. it just makes them too powerful.
Whoa...great minds think alike indeed :D

One of the things that has been done in the next release is to rebalance a number of things...and your suggestions are already in :!:

I will try and outline the changes is a future pre-release post...but in general things like killer M6 ships with massive shields, M3's with weapon loadouts that can take out an M2, etc, etc have been addressed.

To any and all: Feel free to make balancing suggestions. Just be aware that the objective is to ensure that there are no "killer" ships. There should be a reason why you might want one ship over another. In general...lots of lasers means less shielding and hull...lots of cargo space means a ship should be fairly slow...yada yada yada,

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 02:41

What, M3's not being about to take out M2's? Tell that to my Kha'ak Invader.

Those bK's can HIT at 3km, and with something as big as a M2, missing isn't an issue, and your out of flak range. Xenon K's hate me. :twisted:

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 03:41

How the hell did you capp a Khaak ship? I've never yet capped a Khaak in X3...Have used the Truelight Seeker from Stevio's Shipyard, which I load up with B & K kyons..they sure suck power though. But perfect for big fighter dogfights when framerate chugs..

But the laser charge/recharge rate of the Thor and Outrider (same for both ships) is such that with 6x AHEPT's front and MD's in the turrets you can essentially keep firing and hitting without energy running low. A hit rate >50%. And with their phenomenal turning rate, you can do it all without going further than ~600m from a target after yr initial approach. Turning like that, you don't even need to use strafe drive 'cause ur constantly changing vector. And the recharge rate for their 125Mj shield is very fast too, so taking light damage ain't a problem.

Thus some suggestions for balancing:
Outrider & Thor: reduce cargo by 250 & 200, respectively.
Thor: reduce rudder 15-20%, reduce laser recharge 25%, enable APSG's turrets & IonD's front.
Outrider: reduce rudder 25-35%, reduce laser recharge 15%, reduce speed 20 m/s, enable BHEPT's front.

Also, the Hulk TL is not an M2/TL hybrid. It's got identical stats to the Elephant, plus 2 turrets, is all. With the same pathetic TL laser/shield recharge rates. Try giving it 1 or even 2Gj shielding, increasing shield recharge ~200% and laser recharge by 300-500%--nd you'll have a real TL/M2 hybrid. Increase it's cost to match, and you'll have a real mid-game flagship that won't get swatted by anything more than a few M4's and M5's.

Haven't any feedback on the other DDRS M3's cause they're relatively wimpy by comparison. Except for maybe the Dralthi. Not appealing.
But perhaps the B-Wing and others could be given faster speeds and retain their excellent laser/shield recharge rates to make up for their weaker shielding. With the Outrider and Thor toned down this would make the other DDRS M3's more appealing. Maybe enable the B-Wing to use Khaak Bkyons. THAT'd make it an attractive choice for a personal M3!

Another feature about the Outrider is regarding it's turret arcs, which seem to only fire ~45' rearwards. The modeling of the ship looks like they'd have a full 360', but they don't. Is this intentional?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 04:31

Kha'ak Invader is an 'alternat' start for the game that you can unlock. And your hated by EVERYBODY. So your usually in a fight right off the bat. And you are randomly spawned in the universe just to make it 'difficult'. :D

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 08:10

Deadly (and anyone else wanting to know)

most important change to ship-specs is (imo) rudder ..

its not even a combat thing ..
I've been messing with large amounts of Disco's in combat and found they really *like* roids .............
so I gave them 2* the original rudder ... havent seen a single Disco get eaten by a Roid since ....

so my advise would be to increase the rudder on all small ships and Cruisers (but not the speed!!) and it might just be the thing that 'catches' the flaws/gaps in the collision detection ..

G

Doomdark64
x3

Post by Doomdark64 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 11:25

Hi again folks , i was just wondering if the new patch has screwed this mod up?
I get missions but am using explorer software on fast ships to scan secors for the asteroid bases, im not coming up with any.
Hope the patch hasnt broke it or ill be gutted.
Theres a script for finding out where the bases are how do i run it to find out?
Im new at this mod lark and any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Doomdark

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 11:51

Doomdark64

Thank your for registering your game

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote Print
Hi again folks , i was just wondering if the new patch has screwed this mod up?
I get missions but am using explorer software on fast ships to scan secors for the asteroid bases, im not coming up with any.
Hope the patch hasnt broke it or ill be gutted.
Theres a script for finding out where the bases are how do i run it to find out?
Im new at this mod lark and any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Doomdark

I will quickly answer this one - present version is NOT 1.4 (.2.3 etc.) compatable.

I advise you civ through the pages if you want to learn more but thats the bottom line...

New verision out soon(ish)...
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 12:50

1.4.03 did not alter any but the 44/490003 files, and the .exe and a couple others. It didn't touch any script files or add cat/dat's.

WRAITHdrakansis
x3

Post by WRAITHdrakansis » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 22:22

I'm new to the game(about three weeks or so), I have version 1.4.02. Can I use this mod? If so, then what do I do after downloading it?
I know I have to change my pilots name to Thereshallbewings, but do I have to extract and/or move any files around? This mod looks cool,but I'm not the most computer savvy, and apprecieate any help. :?

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 23:34

I would like to see most ships equipped with front guns. Not only is combat more fun that way, but on larger ships it provides a useful mounting point for disrupters, tractor, and mobile mining equipment. Beside, it is still the best way to provoke a fight. The military transport should be given front guns; a mod has been published before, but it is not compatible with 1.4.03

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 02:38

WRAITHdrakansis wrote:I'm new to the game(about three weeks or so), I have version 1.4.02. Can I use this mod? If so, then what do I do after downloading it?
I know I have to change my pilots name to Thereshallbewings, but do I have to extract and/or move any files around? This mod looks cool,but I'm not the most computer savvy, and apprecieate any help. :?
As of now, this mod is not compatible with any versions starting with 1.4. The creators of the mod are currently working on making it compatible, though we don't know how long this process will take, as they are also adding a lot of new content! :D

The current version of the mod only works with version 1.3 of X3. We all just have to wait a little bit before we can play it with 1.4.02/3 :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”