Cylon Raider "mini-series version" (with in game pix)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Cylon Raider "mini-series version" (with in game pix)

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 11:46

For those who are waiting for the "official" release of DDRS Version 1.0 (currently with 24 ships & 2 stations)...not to worry! It is still on track, and will hopefully get uploaded tomorrow night.

However, after too many hours of full-on testing on DDRS, I really needed a break...some break!

I may have mentioned somewhere that I had previously committed to building a Cylon Raider and Base Star for a mod that AalaarDB is doing. He wanted the "original" versions, and I am happy to say that I am almost done with the Raider, and have a good start on the Base Star.

However, I had also received a request from LV for the other Cylon Raider (from the mini-series?). Since I needed a break from DDRS testing, I thought I'd at least try and get a start on it. As it turned out, I finished the mesh today. The textures are a bit sloppy, but it looks pretty flash in game "as is".

Anyway, for those BSG fans out there, here are the first in-game pix:

(Just click on the image to pop up a larger view.)

==> By the way, while you're checking out the ship, I'd also like to hear your opinions on what class it should be (M3 or M4?) I currently have it in-game with 8 lasers, as an M3.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 12:01

that is fantastic, you have really made my day :D

Any specs yet?

cheers

stevio

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 12:55

OH NO! DeadlyDA, I did not say I wanted the original version! I couldn't have because the mod I am doing is the miniseries! I checked and I do not have the message I sent you, but you might.

Anyways, I hope you haven't done a lot of work on the original version.

Just to be clear, what I want are the Cylon Raider and Baseship from the 2003 BSG. I could also use the Viper Mk II if you have time, but it's not necessary because the Nova looks passingly similar.

This Cylon does look good, and it's a good thing you have it because it's the most important ship. Also, for my mod it's classed as an M3. I use Mass Drivers as weapons. The old used lasers but the new, being more realistic, uses ammo. Also I don't have any shields on them. Technically there are only 2 guns, 1 on each wing. I was thinking of upping the damage of the mass driver in tbullets (or tlasers?) so that each does 4x damage, but it is pointless to balance things before I have the other side of the scale done.

I'm sorry this miscommunication happened!

Edit: added more detail.
Last edited by AalaarDB on Sun, 5. Feb 06, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 12:58

I personaly think they look like m5 class but would be better suited in the m4 class so its not a m3 main ship like nova or mamba and not a wingman like a disco. Somwhere in the middle like the buster is.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 13:39

It looks incredible but just a tad too much Aliens/HR-Gieger designish.
Main problem is the cockpit area I believe, that could just do with normal textures.
Otherwise a outstanding job!
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 13:43

I would make the Raider an M4. IIRC the series has introduced a larger Cylon ship better suited for the m3 slot.

ps

If possible, please include your quick fix for the Terain m1/docking problem as part of this mod.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 14:06

Looks fantastic, as usual for you :D

Don't worry about doing the old series, I know enough people (me included) who would love flying in an oldstyle galactica M1 and sending Vipers/Novas against an oldstyle Cylon Base Star and it's crew.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 14:43

AalaarDB,

Not a problem...really. I was already doing the original Cylon Raider. (I also felt the "mini-series" version was a tad bit on the "alien" side, and kind of like the "clunky" saucer look of the original.)

I am a bit worried about finding any info or bluebrints for the revised Base Star (or whatever it's called). I have the original one...and it looks pretty slick. But after several lengthy searches on the web, i have yet to find any diagrams, blueprints, or meshes for the mini-series version. The few pix I have seen show a very plain 3-legged "star fish", that doesn't look anyhing like a ship. Can that be right?

Moxy: I agree on the cockpit...I just slapped the textures on in a hurry so I could get the thing in-game for testing.

Frankly, both ships (new and old) look more like M5/M4 class ships to me...but I put the hardpoints in so you can make it anything you want :D

Anyway, here is the original Cylon Raider, which I have in-game as an M4 with 6 lasers.

(As always, just click on the image to pop up a larger view.)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Ah well...time to get back to testing on DDRS. There are still a few things on the list that need checking :roll:

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 15:58

Hi
Does the Cylon Raider come with its original weaponary ?

At least it should. I am really looking forward to play it.

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 17:10

Deadly, you may want to get in contact with the folks on

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

They are doing the same for Freespace2 so it might be a good idea to ask them if they can help you.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 17:14

great work. Those original series raiders look better than they did in the series

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 17:20

Fantastic..... :o
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Mentalicca
x3

Post by Mentalicca » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 17:34

There are some pics that could help you construct a new Base Star at Sci-Fi Channel's BSG website, http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/ships/ships/

Now that you mention it, the internet (other than scifi.com) is strangely devoid of too many pictures of the new base star.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 23:54

Yes, there aren't a lot of good shots of the base star because it's not shown well in the series! Anyways, in case you can't see it well in the picture, the connection of the top and bottom starfish is a hyperbole. Having one fin connect to 2 fins might be a little weird though.

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 02:37

I took a few minutes to take some reference images from the mini-series and season 1 DVDs of the new battlestar galactica, They are pics of the new basestars and a few raiders too, I hope they can be of some use :)

[ external image ][ external image ]

[ external image ]

Cheers :)
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 04:09

Ooh. Oooooh. Does it have the glowing scanning cylon eye of doom? :D

As for class assignments, I'm not sure. In the middle part of the first half of season 2, there is a Cylon Heavy Raider introduced; I don't know if it would fit better as an M3 or as a TS/TP.

scouser3008
x4

Post by scouser3008 » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 10:26

its a ts/tp that can carry military personal if you have got the cap ship capture mod maybe you could merge them.

@deadly da have you got a good mesh for BSG yet?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 17:05

scouser3008,

Yes, I've got several good meshes for the BSG.

However, once I have finished properly texturing the BSG-based ships for AalaarDB and LV (which sort of "jumped the que"), I need to get back to working down the list of ship requests in more of a priority sequence.

I'm at work at the moment, but I think the next ship is either the ISD (Star Wars), the Omega Class Destroyer (B5), or the Firefly.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 18:39

Mr Deadly, My Jaw Is On The Floor

Its nice to see people still know their priorities when the empire comes a calling. :D

The cylon raider should be an m3 class with these specs

325 cargo 50 mw shields 6 guns and 201m/s

BPAC/APBE only loadout and missiles should be [Moskito,Firefly,Disruptor,Hurricane,Blizzard,Remote Guided Warhead]

Once ingame I have my own plans for it from there

Awesome :thumb_up:
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 14:56

Deadly, i don't know if you know this site, but ist has some fine orthogonal pictures of the new battlestar and the new basestar:

http://www.cylon.org/bsg/2003-art-07.html

I hope this helps.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”