gameplay/scripting bug bug in mission 2

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

milling_hordesman
x3

gameplay/scripting bug bug in mission 2

Post by milling_hordesman » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 01:22

here's a little nuisance i came across during mission 2.

now first, i've found that the don's fighters are particularly susceptable to being captured. this is probably just because they're weak, and when i pound the snot out of them and they bail like all all of hell's demons were on their tail. this isn't the problem.

the problem comes in when the last of the don's fighters have been killed/bailed out. i then exited my ship and was just about to hit the "claim" button while outside of my ship. at that exact moment, saya managed to wear down the don's shields enough to trigger the next script. promptly, the fighter that had been abandoned a moment ago fired its boosters and jetted out of my grasp. next, it flipped to a cutscene where i was in my space suit following saya through a gate. 2 sector's away, saya and my space suit stopped to have a chat in deep space. and then she left me there.

now not only did i get ripped off of a ship that should have been mine, but now i was 2 sectors away from my ship, in my space suit, with pirates headed towards both of us. this was about when i hit the "load" button -.-
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 10:10

That happens on more than one mission, happened to me on the ambush mission which transfered me from ore belt to cloudbase south west.

Its not really a bug, its just the way the missions work.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 17:39

well, you're right that it's all down to the mission mechanics, but i still consider it a bug. or at least an anomaly. there's no way that was intentional.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 07:03

I don't know if thats a bug :!:
But your discription sure is funny :lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”