Nyana's Hideout Mystery

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

agenthunt45
x3

Nyana's Hideout Mystery

Post by agenthunt45 » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 22:08

Okay, first to not I have the script editor enabled, has not caused a problem with any mission yet. But on this mission when I use a pure bought Nova Raider with no cheats linked to it all. Now I can get into the tunnel and all controls are active, but when I get to a certain point I see a Nova being shot down. I think it's Kyle. And a nooo comes up. Is my ship not fast enough(at 114). Or is there a problem.

agenthunt45
x3

Post by agenthunt45 » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 22:29

okay i just used a disco, fully upgarded engine and rudder wise. But i still couldn't kill the Kha'ak. WTF. As soon as I started shooting them they shot me down. I saw it was a disco and not the nova.

DDM_Reaper20
x3tc

Post by DDM_Reaper20 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 13:21

agenthunt45 wrote:okay i just used a disco, fully upgarded engine and rudder wise. But i still couldn't kill the Kha'ak. WTF. As soon as I started shooting them they shot me down. I saw it was a disco and not the nova.
You're not supposed to shoot the Khaak. They're scripted in, if they get in range, you're toast, so there's no chance of winning (and you're not meant to try).

Your best bet is to follow Kyle (the Nova dude) through the labyrinth. An M5 should work out pretty well.

Good luck there, mate, I tried many, many times until I beat it. :D

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 10:33

I am still getting alot of bugs on this mission. My ship has on several occassions bounced through the asteroid model and ended up outside , and I keep losing the HUD. What gives; and, is there a fix?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 17:47

Losing the HUD is not a bug--it is intentional that you do not have it during this mission. As for the bouncing outside the tunnel walls thing, I think the fix is not to hit them in the first place...

imadog87
x3tc

Post by imadog87 » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 01:40

:( Hi, I also am having problems in this section. When the cut scene ends I am inside the asteroid and have NO control over my ship. It just goes out of the asteroid and does its own thing. This is the first clitch I have found in this area.

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 04:10

When the cut scene ends I am inside the asteroid and have NO control over my ship. It just goes out of the asteroid and does its own thing. This is the first clitch I have found in this area.
This happened to me and I put it down to me having used the autopilot to follow Kyle when I seen his ship in Nyanas. When I got close the cutscene started and then I was inside the asteroid with no control of the ship.

Is this maybe what you have done as well?

I re-did it without autopilot, before the cutscene, and all was fine.

This is if I have understood where your problem is.

Hope that helps.

Anticept
x4

Post by Anticept » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 06:08

imadog87 wrote::( Hi, I also am having problems in this section. When the cut scene ends I am inside the asteroid and have NO control over my ship. It just goes out of the asteroid and does its own thing. This is the first clitch I have found in this area.
It is an autopilot bug. It is best not to use autopilot when approaching Kyle. If you started with Autopilot, wait for the cutscene where you start talking to Kyle and then go into the asteroid, then when the cutscene ends tap your autopilot key and it should disable.
DDM_Reaper20 wrote:
agenthunt45 wrote:okay i just used a disco, fully upgarded engine and rudder wise. But i still couldn't kill the Kha'ak. WTF. As soon as I started shooting them they shot me down. I saw it was a disco and not the nova.
You're not supposed to shoot the Khaak. They're scripted in, if they get in range, you're toast, so there's no chance of winning (and you're not meant to try).

Your best bet is to follow Kyle (the Nova dude) through the labyrinth. An M5 should work out pretty well.

Good luck there, mate, I tried many, many times until I beat it. :D
You can shoot the Kha'ak if you want, but the objective is to catch up with Kyle before the Kha'ak kill him. I strongly advise a sturdy M4 however, because when you complete the roid running, you have to fight a fleet of Kha'ak.
Last edited by Anticept on Sat, 22. Apr 06, 04:47, edited 2 times in total.
Signature.

NemesisOmega
x3

Post by NemesisOmega » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 20:45

I think its interesting that most of you are recommending against using an M3 level ship; I had no difficulties when I used my Nova Vanguard. The mission does require a fair amount of deft piloting, but as long as you're faster than the Khaak on your tail, you should be fine...

Agenthunt45, the problem with this mission is that you can't take your time navigating at a decent speed like any sane person would. Try running through it at full speed; don't worry about crashing into the tunnel, your ship wont take any damage :wink:

austinsevo

Post by austinsevo » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 23:31

i have the same problem, where it automaticly steers outside of the astroid. ill try it with AP off when i get home.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 21:31

i.ve managed to do this mission first time everytime i restart after getting bored of killing things and trading all the time, kinda repetative and boring after a while.

austinsevo

Post by austinsevo » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 23:11

ok the autopilot trick works.... :D

sickfish
x2

Post by sickfish » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 20:50

I have finally had enough of this game. I've been a fan of the X games since X:BTF but the bugs in the mission parts of X3 have put me off the X series for life.

I have tried more times than I care to remember to fly through the stupid tunnels - speed up and down doesn't even work - I have to hold down TAB and even then I crawl along at a snail's pace - I'm supposed to be flying a maxed out Disco! I have flown without hitting ANYTHING a number of times, but still the Khaak catch me up. This mission must therefore be impossible on my computer (which makes me wonder how truthful someone above is being).

Incidentally - every time the Khaak catch me up, when I try to reload my Auto-save, the game crashes to desktop (yes, I am using 1.4.0.3).

Pathetic. If this game was a horse, I'd shoot it. It's a shame really, because my non-quest experience of the game has been fantastic. I just want to finish the damn single-player thing so people stop sending me messages about it in-game.

sickfish
x2

Post by sickfish » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 10:45

Okay - I'm happier now because I've found a solution. (See here for details)

Now I can enjoy the wonderful game beyond the single player missions. :)[/url]

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”