Changing the colors of bullets and such? TBullets

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dougster

Changing the colors of bullets and such? TBullets

Post by Dougster » Fri, 7. Oct 05, 06:30

I figured out how to turn a gun into sort of like a laser kind of thing, that was pretty easy, just by copying settings from the lasertower weapon and kyon emitters. You set the bullet type to 2, crank up the bullet speed, and you got a laser beam.

However, I can't seem to change the color of the beams. The X2 Editor has a setting for RGB values, but I think all this does is change the color of the hit effect. I understand RGB triplets, like 7FC0FF would be like a cyan type color. No amount of fooling around with those values would turn my AIRE laser beams to any color other than purplish red. I tried buying new guns, going through jumpgates... no change.

Thats fine, I can live with it, just wondering if someone can verify my findings. There are some unknown parameters which I don't really understand. I did discover the meaning of one of them though, it seems to change the ambient volume of the firing sound effects. Its usually set either 150, 180, or 255.

Another value I don't understand is usually set either 5 or 8. Its set for 5 for lasertower, ire, pac, and hept, but its set for 8 for kyons. I tried it either way and didn't notice any striking changes, so I set it back to 5.
... I'm just a tourist with a fragged nav console ...

ShadowX
x2

Post by ShadowX » Fri, 7. Oct 05, 15:51

To change the color of the beam you must change the texture file of the weapon body.

First number in TBullets tells which body is used and those bodies are found from x2\v\ folder.

When you open the body file in the text editor, in the this case lasertower weapon's body 10385, you'll see this:

/===============================================================
/ Bodyfile F:\SRC\Xtract\Xtract\v\10385.BOD
/ Automatically generated from F:\SRC\3DSMAX-Work\X2_The-Threat\Bodys\10385_orbitallaser.max
/===============================================================
/ EGOSOFT Bodyfile exporter version Sep 4 2003 00:37:38
/ >> Thu Sep 25 03:16:29 2003

MATERIAL5: 0;796; 16; 16; 16; 149;149;149; 229;229;229; 1;100; 10; 0; 1;1;0; 100; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0;

and number 796 is the texture file used for this section of body(this body has only 1 section).

Find 796.jpg from x2\tex\true\ folder with some graphics program(paint, adobe photoshop, etc..) and change the color of the obvious white beam section(lower half of the picture) to what you desire.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”