Can I Do What I Wanna Do ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BloodBarf
x2

Can I Do What I Wanna Do ?

Post by BloodBarf » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 16:06

So I've been playing for a few months now and I'm ready to try my hand at scripting / modding.

What I want to attempt is to alter a few ship parameters.

Increase the Nova's speed.
Allow M6s to carry M3s and TSs.
Mount G HEPTs in a Discoverer.

But I don't want any changes to apply to all ships, just my ships.

SO . . . . CAN I DO THIS ?

AND . . . DO I NEED TO SCRIPT OR MOD ?

grumman
x3tc

Re: Can I Do What I Wanna Do ?

Post by grumman » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 16:30

BloodBarf wrote:Increase the Nova's speed.
Yes, there are a number of ways to do this. The easiest would be to just script in extra Engine Tunings to your ship, after you buy one. If you take this approach, it will not affect the AI's ships.
Allow M6s to carry M3s and TSs.
No. The obj hack can be used to let M6s carry M3s, but not TSs. If this is sufficient, you would need to make a mod. This would apply to all ships, but the AI will not take advantage of it.
Mount G HEPTs in a Discoverer.
Yes, but you would need to give the Discoverer sufficient cargo space and size first. This would be done using a mod, that changes the TShips file. It would apply to all ships, but the AI again would not take advantage of it.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

ShadowX
x2

Post by ShadowX » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 16:47

grumman wrote:It would apply to all ships, but the AI again would not take advantage of it.
If you give enough cargo space and ability to mount GHepts, AI will use them(note: ships created or spawned after changing).

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 17:06

ShadowX wrote:If you give enough cargo space and ability to mount GHepts, AI will use them(note: ships created or spawned after changing).
Really? When I made the change for the Mamba, I didn't see any other ships with the better weapons.

BloodBarf
x2

Post by BloodBarf » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 17:17

Mmmm . . .

Interesting, cheers peeps.

Although . . .

I had kind of assumed that in one of the game's files (possibly a save file),
would be details of MY ships each identified by a URN.

So (assuming my Argon Nova is AM3NO-22 [just made that up so don't scold me if the format is wrong] somewhere I can find parameters pertaining to that exact ship.

And to pimp my Nova to 300m/s all I have to do is find the parameter in question (max speed) for the appropriate ship (AM3NO-22) and change the associated value from 163 to 300.

What say you guys . . . can it be done this way or am I talking out of my plasma vent ?

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 18:06

BloodBarf wrote:So (assuming my Argon Nova is AM3NO-22 [just made that up so don't scold me if the format is wrong] somewhere I can find parameters pertaining to that exact ship.

And to pimp my Nova to 300m/s all I have to do is find the parameter in question (max speed) for the appropriate ship (AM3NO-22) and change the associated value from 163 to 300.

What say you guys . . . can it be done this way or am I talking out of my plasma vent ?
Not as such... for ship speeds, the current maximum speed is equal to MAXSPEED * (1 + TURNINGS / 10). For a Nova, MAXSPEED would be ~65 m/s. So enter the script editor, create a script that will give you more engine tunings, and run the script. For a total of 300 m/s, you'd want 37 engine tunings in total.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”