[Open Beta1.0b] New Pirates Map/Mod Universe [07.04.05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 12:34

:o :o :o if it is actually possible to add more ships this way that really is good news how many additional slots are we talking here Raider?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 14:05

If the first thing he says is true, then I do believe you can make new ship slots! :o THIS needs to be put into a new topic and put into the Index of Modder Resources!

@Amon > "So I`ll host this file on host with my MOD today"
Where is the link? I've already started on making my 00749.bod file readable, but it'll just be awesome to have that one. :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 18:55

I send an email to CheckerTwo in the morning, still waiting for his respond. Yesterday he promised to send me a ship models from "Privateer" game and I ask him to make an english readme to his programms and send to me all this stuff in one package ;)

New ship slots now avaible - 50 completely new +10 that was restricted like ap_gunner.
Its not a problem to add more than 50 ships, but it will need a recompiling the programm-editor :)

This programm works with file x2story.obj in \l directory. Programm disassamble and assamble this obj modul with modifications. To see new ships you`ll need to start new game, because of savegame structure.
We hope, maybe there is a way to activate new ship slots in loaded game - by some KC command can be a way, but we are like a "blind in the darkness", we dont have an acces to KC compiling :)...
I think, there must be a way to see this new ships in loaded game - without editing the game exe, but maybe with editing a savegame :)...
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 20:15

It has already been tested and proved that you can make the AP Gunner and, the Xenon M0, and the Khaak M0 appear via editing a save game. And that'll be neat to play some ships from Privateer... nevermind I've never played that game... :cry:

And wheres the link to your mod so I can get your 00749.bod? :?

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 23:01

[quote="CKarl"]It has already been tested and proved that you can make the AP Gunner and, the Xenon M0, and the Khaak M0 appear via editing a save game. And that'll be neat to play some ships from Privateer... nevermind I've never played that game... :cry:

And wheres the link to your mod so I can get your 00749.bod? :?[/quote]

This is the map file:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/bod_map_v04.zip
This is the programm to edit obj files:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/patch05.zip
-only russian readme avaible.

Please translate readme file first (before make any editing of game files!!!) and share it with community (www.translate.ru - automatic translator, but translated text always look worst :)...). If you`ll have some questions of translating - ask it to me in PM.

About editing savegames: We need not just add one ship - we need to unlock creating of ships from new strings by command of game ScE.

Maybe it is time for all modders to please Developers from Egosoft - to share with us some information about savegame structure? Because it will need a lot of our time - to find where to edit in savegame file without help from Developers. :(

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 02:45

I freaking did it! :o :D I got my own sector to show up IN GAME! I even showed my brother! :D Heres the image: http://subsoap.com/ck/x2screen57.jpg I haven't got anything else like the Title or gate lines yet. But this is a great!! :D

I'm writing a tutorial thingie on how I did this is easliy readable english and I'll release the whole tutorial with the .bod file after I get the Title and links done... but thats for another day.

And BTW, if this "breakthrough" isn't as great as I make it out to be, just tell me and I'll shut up.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 03:46

*gasp* new ship slots? oh, if you get this figured out, i'll be a happy puppy. so very, very happy. good luck figuring it all out; it's more than i would tackle on an empty sleep schedule :thumb_up:
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 04:58

@Amon, strangly without editing my sector didn't showed up, but luckly the gate lines work without editing...

So, here his the location of Begger's Alley. And as of yet I haven't done anything with the new ship slot thing. & Sorry for hijacking this thread. >.< I guess I should make a new one shouldn't I?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 06:19

Woah woah woah... hold the phone. You mean to tell me you guys have the issue concerning the galaxy map solved? Ckarl, I wish to recruit you for a task since you seem to have the tools... Terradine needs a functioning galaxy map. If I send you the main map... can you do it?

Harlock776
x2

wow this is great

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 08:41

Awesome!!! once all the bugs are worked out by the pioneers of this discovery all modders can make their own default galaxy map extensions... I must admit it's very boring after a few days of playing X2 and the universe is conquered by my empire and all that. Having the ability to make extensions to the default map means breathing new life into this game. Just don't mess with plot specific sectors and it's all good. I would like to know exactly how you can add new ship slots though oh and also if new weapon slots could be added that would really get this game going again until the release of X3. Egosoft should have released x2 the return so we would all continue to have trouble modding but instead they slipped up and gave us too much time and now someone has figured out a way to bypass their restrictions hehe.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 10:01

I think, Egosoft should release(this verbs I want to put in "past" form....but I am forgot - how to, sorry ;)...) more powerfull instruments and more information in Modderkit.

If they are afraid of pirates - lol! Pirates are not interested in game structure - all that pirates need - just sell as much of copies as they can, and they dont care of quality of product, that they are selling. Pirates dont releasing a patchs for their products)...pirates has no names, no web-sites and no emails or firm adresses...

Why funs of the game needs to seeking a bypass to unlock ship slots and to open custom map for their own?

Maybe in DevNet community at level more than 3(its mine :)) - avaible some powerful instruments like a programm created by CheckerTwo?(I dont think so)

Look at the game named "Morrowind" - mods made this game a must have for any who loves to play in rpgs.
Mods can make an X2 - a must have for any who loves to play in space simulators.
Do you know - how many mods created for Freelancer spacesim? Thousands. I know - in freelancer mostly intersting thing is multiplayer. But in game there is some very good ideas done(for example - a big ships explosing) - this ideas egosoft should keep in mind when developing the X2. I hope, the keeps in mind it now - when developing the X3.

ScE - a good instruments for modders. But this one is not enougth.

What if I want to create my own really Big gun for M1\M2 - with animated barrel? Where can I find the info - how to make it?....And this is possible or maybe this animation is in defined in game exe?
What if I want to make a programm to unlock a creating a ships from new added strings in TShips - in loaded game?...In which part of savegame - which postition I need to edit for it?

I think someone with a Level5+ from DevNet, who has this GFX-modding information should visit this(or german language "scripts and modding") branch of forum - once a week maybe(I dont want to slow down an X3 developing process, dont throw a rocks in me :)...) - to answer a sereous questions asked by modders about game files sctructure.

Sindwiller [ITF]

Post by Sindwiller [ITF] » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 13:08

Egosoft should release the X2 Sources, that whe can make new Economys and powerfuller Modding, like new GUIs. In HL2 can we make new GUI, new Weapons, new Levels and not out of that, we can modificate all Things there.

In X2 whe can only script our own KI/AL, Create new Objects, make other Textures on Objects and make a new Universe. Thats really boring at all.

Please EGOSOFT!

mfg, Sindwiller
Deutsches X3-Modding Wiki und Forum
#dev-kammer auf irc.gamesurge.net

Harlock776
x2

opposites

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 13:30

You have to remember the part of the world this game comes from. In many parts of europe the society and cuilture and even the people are very restrictive about everything in life. There is a terrible mentality there (except in sweden hehe) to not even trust anyone, it's like everyone is by default considered sneaky. There are cameras in the bathrooms, all kinds of laws designed to restrict people in many ways. This is a mental thing as well so it's natural to see it manifest in something like a pc game or software.

Of course you have to consider why some restrictions are in place in the game. Texture restrictions are there to keep the game from overloading the system with too many different textures. Counter Strike doesn't use as much of a system as X2 does. On a CS server there can be up to 32 people max but in X2 there can be hundreds of ships in one sector. I think they should have left about 12 extra texture spaces in the game but I only know of one that isn't used normally.

Not everyone thinks the same way which is great because if we all did then life would be very boring but people are not lemmings they will not all jump off a cliff just because someone else thinks they should hehe.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 15:32

@AMon, there are already clues that X3 will be our modding dreams come true. But with all the new stuff I'm going to be hell to mod. @.@ But fun all the same! :D

@Tigerclaw - "...If I send you the main map... can you do it?"
I can at least try, so yes. Just send me a PM with a URL or email me.

BTW, I am now translating the program that "increases the number of accessible ships"(So says the readme :) ). More on this later.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 16:49

SOMEONE will be happy. :D

Ah, there is a down side to all of this. The end user will have to run the patch program to get them to work... But I think you can just give them the .obj files... Just take a look at Step 12:
12. At release of a version to the public it is necessary to write a bat-file which example is resulted in the given archive "xptch.bat". In a mode batch the program does not deduce a window of editing. And in general nothing deduces. Simply loads the file specified by the first parameter, then loads made ».11 a file ptch05.ini and keeps all changes in a file which is specified by the second parameter. If there are any mistakes, the target file is not created. The program comes to the end with the certain error code which can be processed in.
I haven't tried to make it more readable yet sense I'm still getting my head around it, thats the biggest step and the last one. @.@

|Edit| Ok, now I have comepetely translated the patch readme and I'll reupload it soon.
Last edited by Galaxy613 on Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Re: opposites

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:16

[quote="Harlock776"]You have to remember the part of the world this game comes from. In many parts of europe the society and cuilture and even the people are very restrictive about everything in life. There is a terrible mentality there (except in sweden hehe) to not even trust anyone, it's like everyone is by default considered sneaky. There are cameras in the bathrooms, all kinds of laws designed to restrict people in many ways. This is a mental thing as well so it's natural to see it manifest in something like a pc game or software.
[/quote]
[a little offtopic}
Hehe...I am from Russia, remember?...here no one doesnt care of anything :)...Here are no cameras in bathrooms, but our laws designed only to provide a peoples "works" in government with money ;)...
I think we all have in common - love to space and space simulators. It is not in mentality - it is in your private psixology....:)
[/a little offtopic]

I am really love this game and want to make it more interesting - want to add new features, want to correct small mystakes of developers - like design of pirate ships or xenon figthers. I want the X-univers looks like completely illusion of living univers. Want to improve npcs AI. - All this stuff will bring to game some fresh air - it is needed and wery necessary. - remember - how long did we wait for X2?...do you think we`ll wait for X3 not so long? I hope so, but my mind tells me - no way!
Mods can bring a second life for game untill the community of funs waiting for new games X3 - or for 3d MMORPG X-online(I think, thats the main target of Egosoft :)...). Any mentality you have - you can not argue with this rule, because we all have a rational thinking ;)...

[quote="Harlock776"]
Of course you have to consider why some restrictions are in place in the game. Texture restrictions are there to keep the game from overloading the system with too many different textures. Counter Strike doesn't use as much of a system as X2 does. On a CS server there can be up to 32 people max but in X2 there can be hundreds of ships in one sector. I think they should have left about 12 extra texture spaces in the game but I only know of one that isn't used normally.
.[/quote]
overloading?...khhhm....I think this is not the main reason. My english knowing is not enougth, but I can say that word "overloaded" - for me(I am a programmer) - sounds funny and deep far from true.... And not the mentality is main reason.Main reason knows only developers, but I think - its easier to implement game functions on KC with predefined limited textures array, than with unlimited extendable array :)...
[quote="Harlock776"]
Not everyone thinks the same way which is great because if we all did then life would be very boring but people are not lemmings they will not all jump off a cliff just because someone else thinks they should hehe.[/quote]
I agree about thinking and lemmings. But when we all(I mean modders and Developers) making one business - we making a game more interesting. We can do it together - or not together. I hope Developers understands - what does it mean.
I`ll be very sad if Developers dont want to make it together.
I have two versions of game - one from pirates, one - from offical publisher. I bougth licensed version, because I always paid for games, that deservs it - to support the Developers of game and give them a chance to make a second part of game and implement there new great ideas. I just hopes, that developers will support me or any other modders - with necessary needed information - to give our, modders, a chance to make our dreams of ideal space sim comes true with game modifications.
Nevermind, only Developers can decide - to answer or not to answer.

2 Moderators: Please, execuse me this post, I realize - it is not close to topic, but here is some questions that must me answered and other - must be asked. Anyway, I said all I wanted, so from this time - only on topic posts, I promise :)....

2 Harlock - if you want - we can talk about it in PMs.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:23

[quote="CKarl"]SOMEONE will be happy. :D
I haven't tried to make it more readable yet sense I'm still getting my head around it, thats the biggest step and the last one. @.@[/quote]

Its for modders - programm can work in console form - so end user can download it included in mod with specific bat-file and just by running this bat-file - make an update to objs and save a backup.
If enduser in next step - runs a game with additional strings in TShips - ships will be avaible for creation.

My english is not so good - so I cant help you much. But now I go to answer to PMs ;)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:25

The reason that there aren't more tools is simple: lack of time.

Please do not discuss piracy on the forums; no matter what the circumstances, piracy is illegal and discussion of it is banned under the forum rules.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:34

You can now get patch05 from my server with the English batch file and English readme. :D

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 17:58

[quote="CBJ"]The reason that there aren't more tools is simple: lack of time.

Please do not discuss piracy on the forums; no matter what the circumstances, piracy is illegal and discussion of it is banned under the forum rules.[/quote]

Khm...no time - no tools, I understood. But - what about sharing with modders the information about necessary files - like this 00748.pbd scene? about savegame structure?(I think it is similar with a simple memory dump, but maybe I am mystaking?)
Egosoft Developers must have this information in text files form.
Here are many programmers. Give them an info - and they`ll create new tools for modders.

Ok, no discuss about piracy (But, please understand me correctly - I hate pirates! Because they have no respect to peoples, who buys thier corrupted copies and who works on game).

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”