RA`s mod 0.9 (Beta Version avaible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Harlock776
x2

tenchi

Post by Harlock776 » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 05:12

I tried watching tenchi but it kinda reminded me of some koren soap operas lol. The thing I always laughed at was the small animal that could turn into a big spaceship and fly around and make a weird noise like it was in pain lol. Although that ship the dumb blone was flying was awesome hehe but maybe it was just because she was in it hehehe.

Anyways to get back on topic, RA's mod... I can't unpack it. I'm using X2Archiver and I can't unpack the mod files. I haven't tried using them yet but maybe it was just a bad download? Or maybe I just need to use a different unpacker?

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 05:19

Try dl'ing again. I unpacked mine with no problem.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 05:21

then put the Souja into the game.

But, that would require extra weapons turrets and new wares; whereas the thing I posted above might be made to fit into a standard ship's slot.... (no weapons, no turrets, and no docking bays, no docking at all, not even visible engines - although it may generate a glow over wide areas of its hull and generate a EM noise that comes across as static).

(I envision it as being shaped by deposited layers over a countless period of time - shaped something like an stalactite)

Something like one of these:
http://www.showcaves.com/images/378-262.jpg

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 05:31

BTW,

It looks like the skins have already been done for a ST game.

You can see them here:
http://members.fortunecity.com/sfcspace ... omsday.htm

Warning!These are not mine. Please get permission before you use them.

akm
x2

Post by akm » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 00:15

Hi to everyone! Was very busy last 2 weeks and didn't have much time for scripting :(

Thanks for posting the fresh ideas for the mod! Especially well described ideas like rustybucket did. However, it's not reasonable for us to implement anything above the planned before the release of 1.0 or this release may never happen. We've got a hundred ideas of our own :) But your ideas shall not be skipped anyway. I'll think about it later.

If there is someone who has started to play early "unpacked" beta 5 of this mod or older betas and are using the save made in those early versions to play beta 5 or 6, the following fix is for you:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta6_fix.rar
Please download and unpack the content of this archive to the main game folder.
I've just found and fixed a bug in one script causing the game to crash when playing beta 5 or beta 6.

This fix also makes new bonus-ships appear in stock immediately, not after the update of NPC ships.

No need to download that fix if you haven't downloaded beta 6 yet or haven't played unpacked beta 5 or older. The full mod package (beta version!) you can get from old link:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta6.rar
TycoonSpaceMan wrote:for image hosting you should try the imageshack its free fast http://imageshack.us/index.php
Thanks!
Soon we will have our own fast website dedicated to this mod ;) with all the details of ships, weapons, missions, etc.
Mercz wrote:I've tried many of the different ships, and i'm astonished at the amount of work that was put into them. Good Job.

Some things i want to ask about-

1. Are you planning to make any new cockpits? Like for the x-shuttle, (I think its using the original one) since it seems more empty than the other cockpits and a little cramped.

2. Are the ship designs final or are there improvements and changes to be made before V 1.0?

I am looking forward to V 1.0 of this mod, hope you guys keep up the good work.
Thanks! We certainly will!
Although these questions are for RAider, he does all the modding of ships, I'll give the answer since they already have been answered by RAider in other forums :) He'll correct me later if I'm not right.

1. Yes, RAider has this in his plans. But it's pretty complex job. There is no documentation available considering the modding of cockpits :( So I guess it's going to happen after the release of 1.0.

2. No, the designs are not final and RAider keeps redesign ships (and more) to make them look better and better. Every new beta version of the mod has a number of designs changed, sometimes slightly, sometimes quite dramatically :)

And his models are not just cool, they are much faster then original models of ships in X2! :thumb_up:
They cool in my opinion of course, and if someone doesn't like some designs, please tell so. RAider and I will be glad to hear any opinion about this mod ;) especially negative :) to make the mod better.

Harlock776 wrote:I can't unpack it. I'm using X2Archiver and I can't unpack the mod files. I haven't tried using them yet but maybe it was just a bad download? Or maybe I just need to use a different unpacker?
If you've managed to unpack the content of RAR-archive without any error messages, then all the files 100% correct. The unpacking of dat-files is not working likely because unpacker is not happy with long names we gave to the mod-packs. Try another one ;)

But why do you need to unpack dat-files anyway? You'll likely will have lots of problems with scripts!
There're number of scripts in those dat-files, that replace original Egosoft scripts. Plus there is a script 'mod.set.game.difficulty.xml' that defines the mod difficulty. It is very important to replace original Egosoft scripts with the scripts we've implemented in *.dat of modpacks and don't forget to backup those original Egosoft scripts before replacing them!

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 03:00

if someone doesn't like some designs, please tell so

I like them all; I just like the Osprey in the Beta V package, far more then the in the Beta VI package. For one thing it looks more subtantial. The Beta VI version looks too much like a 2x4 plank with an outboard attached. I know that he changed it for technical reasons (the docked ships wouldn't release correctly), but if you get a chance, please take another swing at it.

BTW: any chance of:

1) Getting a front mounted gun installed on the Titan (all of the M2 should have front trigger fired gun mounts)
2) Putting a second forward gun on the Dragon (or, three, or four, or...) :twisted:
.....................................> Now about that base ship from Independence Day........!!!!! :P

[/b]

Harlock776
x2

pirate ships

Post by Harlock776 » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 03:48

I liked the drakkar model from mod verion 8.1 much better than the current drakkar. The old model looks like a pirate freighter, the new one looks kinda short? Also for the external cockpits matching to their interiors... try beefing up the externals a bit. They look too thinly matched to their interiors. You don't have to follow the interior lines exactly just enough to make things like canopy struts and basic geometry look right and the rest can have some bulk to it. I really like the supernova external cockpit it's much more accurate than the default nova.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 12:02

I would also like to see the Albatross with a new, more streamlined body. This is my favorite platform for mobile mining; since it has a heavy defensive weapons load and can mount a front mounted mobile mining device. But, moving that large box through a field with its lousy visibility is needlessly painfull. Keep the specs, give it a more streamlined body (primarilly for improved visibility - as in move the bridge all the way forward and center it) and this one can be a real winner.

the old one
x3tc

Bet mod 9-6

Post by the old one » Fri, 22. Apr 05, 00:02

I am running the mod but i am have problems,it runs fine for a couple of hours then it crashes to desk top,i have tried it a couple of more times but it still crashes,and even if i try the last save it still crashes ,any one got any ideas thanks the old one
only steam i want is out of a kettle

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Fri, 22. Apr 05, 00:12

Try starting a new game. I don't think the mod works too well with a save game.

akm
x2

Re: Bet mod 9-6

Post by akm » Fri, 22. Apr 05, 01:53

rustybucket wrote:1) Getting a front mounted gun installed on the Titan (all of the M2 should have front trigger fired gun mounts)
All M1 and M2 will have front guns soon.
rustybucket wrote:2) Putting a second forward gun on the Dragon (or, three, or four, or...) :twisted:
I was just chatting with RAider a minute ago and he promised to deal with Dragon some time soon. I want another front gun for it too :) It's my favourite M6. Anyway, split are ment to have the most serious firepower.
the old one wrote:I am running the mod but i am have problems,it runs fine for a couple of hours then it crashes to desk top,i have tried it a couple of more times but it still crashes,and even if i try the last save it still crashes ,any one got any ideas thanks the old one
There are number of things that can cause the game to crash.

1. A crash immediately when you load the save or when leaving the station. This one is unsolvable :( and may happen when you're sitting in the ship, model of which has been changed by mod. But can be avoided by making the save in a spacesuit (or another ship, not altered by mod) prior the installation of the mod. Sometimes mod can also crash if save is made in the sector with big shipyard (don't know why), so please avoid loading such saves in mod. All this is relevant only if you're loading the save made in original game or different version of this mod.

2. If you're loading the save made in current mod version or starting a new game and game crashes, it's due scripts. It doesn't mean however the scripts have bugs, the game engine is heavily bugged already :) I'm constantly working at the solutions for certain incompatibility and performance problems, causing those crashes. The sad thing is that I have none of crashes at all :) But I've got pretty hi-end system with AMD64 4300+ and 512Mb of dual-channel 255 MHz DDR RAM. So please let me know if you have any problems. But please specify whether you have any additional scripts or mods installed in addition to RA mod and scripts included to X2 ver.1.4. And the sequence of events prior the crash ;)
Currently the mod is not compatible even with signed scripts, additional to 1.4!

The known but not yet solved crashes of scripts:
- the moment the khaak attack on Presidents End happens
- the moment mission "Xenon Envasion" starts
- sometimes randomly, if PC has less then 512Mb of RAM

It does not matter whether you've started a fresh game or continue to play an old game as long as the crash happens after the update of the NPC ships (it's reported in message log when update is finished).

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Fri, 22. Apr 05, 02:17

All M1 and M2 will have front guns soon.
I was just chatting with RAider a minute ago and he promised
to deal with Dragon some time soon.
Excellent! I am sure that this will be greatly appreciated.

the old one
x3tc

Mod crashes

Post by the old one » Fri, 22. Apr 05, 09:18

You hit the nail on the head,the game crashes with the presidents end khaak invasion,by the way i have a fairly high end m\c as well 3ghz pentium 4 750mgs ram and a fx9500 ultra.any way thanks i will keep popping back to see if there is a fix for the above problem,the old one

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Fri, 22. Apr 05, 22:03

the game crashes with the presidents end khaak invasion

Check your graphics card. I use to have the same problem and upgrading the card fixed it.

the old one
x3tc

I can not find this topic so

Post by the old one » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 18:04

I am using RAs mod 9 beta and it kept crashing on me so i did a little researsh and found the answer i believe,i deleted the following script eg.ship cmd.invasion.mod xml and i have run the game with the story and a custom X universe with no problems or crashes so i believe that script was causing the crashes,the old one :o

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 28. Apr 05, 01:23

Top of the second page.
Please don't start multiple threads about the same topic.
*threads merged*
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 3. May 05, 17:13

Hi Amon RAy,

I've tested your Mod.... The ships are cool....

One thing you use some bod's with number 17xxx in your v-folder...

I use the same numbers in my flaggship-mod and my new mods...
Is it possible for you to use other numbers ????

Ok CU Thalon

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 3. May 05, 20:36

I saw that to, another Modder DeadlyDa now puts an Excel document in his downloads to show which none ego parts are used in his mods there so its possible to see what number's are used Thalon perhaps the oher modders could do the same so the mod user if they are able can change the part numbers themselves to prevent possible part clash :roll: , and Thalon also seen some of your new ships in another post they look very nice :), I am still using your original ships in my personal mod as the Flagship is great :D
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Wed, 4. May 05, 10:11

Khm...

I`ll include an xls table with custom bodys description in mod archive in next beta.

Unfortunately I can not just change file names in \v - beause it will enforce me to make changes in cockpit scenes from \cut - and this scenes made not by me, but by other men. I`ll take a look at them - maybe there is a simple way to edit this scene (if they are .bods)

At this time, I use:

\v\11001.bod-11070.bod(I dont remember how much of them in beta6 - this but in beta 7 will be something about 80-100 custom bods.)
\cut\15611,15621,...,15731,15741.bob(in next versions I`ll rename them to make one-by-one numbering)
In next beta I also planed to use bodys with names 10600-10610(I am already included them in many fighters scenes).

In next few days I am planed to host a screenshots for each ship. At this moment only M2 and TL classes - uses original designes, but them also will be redesigned - in beta8, I hope, with Warfs,Docks and some other Stations.
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Wed, 4. May 05, 10:47

Hi

we can make a new thread with a list of the bodys we use. So every one can see what bodynumbers are used....

CU Thalon

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”