RA`s mod 0.9 (Beta Version avaible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

akm
x2

Post by akm » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 11:08

Version 0.9 beta 6 is released: Download 2.9 Mb RAR

The mod will work on any not modified X2. No need to unpack anything. Just extract the content of the archive to the main X2 folder and select the mod package on the start screen of X2.

There are new models of Shark, Raptor, Condor, Osprey, Supernova, Perseus, Pericles and Pegasus made by RAider.

The combat AI of M1/M2 ships is improved.
Some bugs were fixed. The game balance is improved regarding missiles and weapons.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 17:54

There are new models of Shark, Raptor, Condor, Osprey, Supernova, Perseus, Pericles and Pegasus made by RAider.
What happened to the Osprey? I am finally getting use to the model released in 0.9 Beta 5.

Sindwiller [ITF]

Post by Sindwiller [ITF] » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 22:14

Man, the new Xenonmodels are NOT working! :evil: :evil:

mfg, Sindwiller
Deutsches X3-Modding Wiki und Forum
#dev-kammer auf irc.gamesurge.net

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 23:33

I am finally getting use to the model released in 0.9 Beta 5

BTW, just in case I haven't said it enough, Thanks for the excellent work on these models. Your mod is keeping this game fresh for me.

akm
x2

Post by akm » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 01:01

Sindwiller [ITS] wrote:Man, the new Xenonmodels are NOT working! :evil: :evil:
That was a bug in preliminary beta 5, posted here over 2 weeks ago and was fixed a long time ago in beta 5a.
rustybucket wrote:What happened to the Osprey? I am finally getting use to the model released in 0.9 Beta 5.
It looks close to beta 5. It was redesigned a bit, mostly to fix the problem with M5 hitting it when undocking. And now Osprey has a unique feature: you can dock 2 M5s to it!
[ external image ]

New Shark:
[ external image ]

New Raptor:
[ external image ]

RAider or I will post more screens of new ships soon.
Last edited by akm on Fri, 29. Apr 05, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 11:36

akm wrote:
That was a bug in preliminary beta 5, posted here over 2 weeks ago and was fixed a long time ago in beta 5a.
rustybucket wrote:What happened to the Osprey? I am finally getting use to the model released in 0.9 Beta 5.
It looks close to beta 5. It was redesigned a bit, mostly to fix the problem with M5 hitting it when undocking. And now Osprey has a unique feature: you can dock 2 M5s to it!
[ external image ]

New Shark:
[ external image ]

New Raptor:
[ external image ]

Akm the ability to dock 2 M5's with an M6 is not unique to your mod, an American modder called DeadlyDa did it about 3 months ago :wink:

and by the way none of your picture links work :roll:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

akm
x2

Post by akm » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 13:26

TycoonSpaceMan wrote: Akm the ability to dock 2 M5's with an M6 is not unique to your mod, an American modder called DeadlyDa did it about 3 months ago :wink:

Did I say the unique feature of Osprey in this mod? Or did I say the unique feature of this mod? I guess the first one :roll: Sorry if I offended someone.

Pictures don't work temporary. Because the host is a crap. We will make a nice website for this mod in nearest future.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 13:36

akm wrote:
TycoonSpaceMan wrote: Akm the ability to dock 2 M5's with an M6 is not unique to your mod, an American modder called DeadlyDa did it about 3 months ago :wink:

Did I say the unique feature of Osprey in this mod? Or did I say the unique feature of this mod? I guess the first one :roll: Sorry if I offended someone.

Pictures don't work temporary. Because the host is a crap. We will make a nice website for this mod in nearest future.
No offence was caused just pointing out that it wasn't unique for image hosting you should try the imageshack its free fast http://imageshack.us/index.php

For the mod Raider had the older mod hosted on Shadowteks site
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Sindwiller [ITF]

Post by Sindwiller [ITF] » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 15:19

akm wrote:
[ external image ]

New Shark:
[ external image ]

New Raptor:
[ external image ]

Ärm, edit the first post! It is not very Userfriendly to search down the Thread.

mfg, Sindwiller
Deutsches X3-Modding Wiki und Forum
#dev-kammer auf irc.gamesurge.net

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sun, 10. Apr 05, 15:20

Version 0.9 beta 6 is released

I installed it, and most of it seems to be working with the old save games; however, I am getting a "disconnect" error and a crash whenever I attempt to Start a new game. Any, suggestions?

edited to add:
Some other problems
- Super Novas, Ospreys spawned under bata 5 are no longer generating correctly. The Nova, for example, generates 1/2 of the ship.
- The same error (reads "disconnected" - bold red - bottom left of screen) occurs when I run the training tutoral

* I have downloaded the files twice and re-extraceted them with the same results. Please check source files for corrupt data.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 10:20

khm...Disconnected???... Its very strange, I have never seen this bugs and more - never heared about such bug before.

Do you have packed or unpacked game? Do you use any other mods?
and - what is in your log file?
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 13:29

Do you have packed or unpacked game? Do you use any other mods?
and - what is in your log file?

Its a packed game and the log file has a WDL error report. (????-3d GameStudio language file)

When it crashes (restart, or training) some of the game menus remain operational. So I am still able to [esc] and log off, load, or save; however, it will not generate the main graphic screen. If I load an old game the three updated models (Osprey, SuperNova, Shark) do not update correctly - I can generate the new ships, but any player owned ships from the save game appear greatly distorted. Eg. a Super Nova generated under b5 looks like a Mako with extra odd body parts around it.

Reinstalling the entire game, and downloading b6 again, does not correct the problem. The game is only operational through release b5.

rustybucket
x3

[color=lime][b]Fixed[/b][/color]

Post by rustybucket » Mon, 11. Apr 05, 16:17

Update:

The problem was a script conflict created by a prior mod. I reinstalled the game and checked to make sure that all X2 related scripting was removed, and that corrected the problem.

Thanks for the help.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 00:32

i definately like this mod, congratulations

:D

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 06:53

I"ve tried many of the different ships, and i'm astonished at the amount of work that was put into them. Good Job.

Some things i want to ask about-

1. Are you planning to make any new cockpits? Like for the x-shuttle, (I think its using the original one) since it seems more empty than the other cockpits and a little cramped.

2. Are the ship designs final or are there improvements and changes to be made before V 1.0?

I am looking forward to V 1.0 of this mod, hope you guys keep up the good work.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 17:19

I hope that the AP Gunner mod available below can be incorporated into your next mod package. Somebody did an excellent job of rendering/recovering the model used in the game.

http://people.freenet.de/n40/Mods.htm

Harlock776
x2

Rei's work

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 18. Apr 05, 20:10

I would LUV to see the xenon m6 that Rei has been hand crafting for the longest time now replace the argon m6. His m6 is totally badarse hehe... I don't think that Rei is gonna release it anytime soon though until he can make the xenon use it. If these new extra ship slot hacks that everyone is looking at works out, I think Rei will release his mod but not until the new methods have been proven to work. The things I like the best about RA's mods is the way he matches up the external cockpit parts with the internal parts.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 04:36

As long as we are including a few villans... :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

How about a nice easy to spot bad guy. A slow moving alien UFO with no guns and no shields moving at about 50 km/s. Make it around 12 KM long and just small enough to fly through the jump gates. It would be almost fun to watch, were it not for its pension to eat asteroids, space stations, and other slow moving space objects. It is easy enough to blast it away; for one thing it doesn't seem to care about your ship or mind that you are shooting at it unless you happen to be the biggest slow (sub 50KM) moving object in the sector. But, with a hull strength in the neighborhood of 20,000,000-30,000,000, you better shoot fast before it devours a half-dozen sectors. Enormous moving/grinding maw action is strictly optional: but, it is recommended that you do not try to feed it.

Although, at least one was captured (unintentionally) and proved to have a control room, it was subsequently destroyed, since there was no practical way to fuel it, and it was a major navigation hazard.

Very little data on this alien culture has been found. Although, testing of the captured example and other debris indicates that these ships are of ancient origins. Some theorize that they may have been able to survive by restoring hull damage at a rate of 20-25% of the hull value of the material it consumes; Other surmize that the fully restored hull may even continue to grow at the rate of 10% the amount consumed. We have no idea why these things were built, or why they seem to be becoming more prevalent in our area of space. Anyone encountering one of these is advised to report it to the authorities immediately. All are advised to exercise extreme caution.

The Ministry of Science will offer a reward of 10,000 credits for any data logs recovered from one of these machines. Please foward the logs to the Ministry via the nearest available equipment dock.

(Just set it so that one of these pops up randomly once every 50 hours of game time. - that should liven things up)

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 04:47

That idea sounds cool. Would add for some interesting moments.

Are you planning to do anything with that Xenon M0? It would make an excellent flagship. Maybe not to the scale, but large in its own respect.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 04:50

I say, pick up and review the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki! series and then put the Souja into the game.

Nothing like having Kagato walzting about destroying worlds and confounding anyone in his path in his quest for 'The Greatest Power in the Universe'.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”