Do I need Artificial Life Update with 1.5?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Do I need Artificial Life Update with 1.5?

Post by SmackinJuice » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 01:28

It says it's only for 1.4, but then i read on some mod's they recommend to update with it even after saying to update in 1.4 to 1.5.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 11:34

Basicly the only change is the up-link. There shouldn't be any difference beside this (and an additional cat 05)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 16:56

When I installed X2 from disk it was 1.4; then I patched to 1.5; then I installed the AL script update; then I installed the bonus package 1.04.01.

Did i do right?

So far my game seems to be fine and looks great with my new GTX 560 Ti GS....yum :)

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 04:46

This looks great? with a 560 you could be playing crysis 2 at dx11 and high res pack lol.

I can do that with a 460; but i only get 25 fps average with everything maxed; so i just turn off the high res (i also only have the 768 mb!)

ANYHOW

so do I need it or not? I didn't get what you meant about that shadow?

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 11:22

I'm not sure if you need it or not. The AL life update is just a series of scripts and thus independend of X2 version.

I recommend, you install it in another directory. Copy everything to your X2 directory and overwrite everything that has an older date than the one from the AL update.
I'm running X2 V 1.5 with these scripts, but I don't know where they come from.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 16:11

@ SmackinJuice

Yes my GTX 560 would play Crisis nicely - but the rest of my system would be a bottleneck on that one. My comment on my card followed on from some posts on a Radeon I tried and didnt like - it wouldn't render the bumpmaps.

I think Chris Gi is right. The AL scripts are window-dressing. They wont change your game in any fundamental way. I think there are more of them in the update than in 1.4; tha's why I installed it. Also because its official it wont mark the game as modified; so you can uplink stats.

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 11:59

Oh i see what you mean, i was going to say 560 are bad ass cards! of course you can play this maxed out :d

honestly, ATI really has bad driver support; you ALWAYs hear about problems with every new game that comes out with them. Where as nvidia if you have a problem with a new game well they will release a new patch within the weak most the time.

I have used both cards for years and now i'll never get an ATI again.

and I even have an amd system.

BTW even with 1.5 installed; the artificial life script will still update with bigger files so yeah; you do not get it automatically when you install 1.5

so even with 1.5, make sure to download the artificial life script. I don't know what it does; but it definitely gives you an update to all your files.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:03

I agree about ATI. I will be sticking with nvidia for now.

How are you getting on in your game?
How far in are you?
What kind of game are you playing?

I am just trying to get established. Trading in the Mercury and have just got a couple of SPPs and a silicon mine up in Herrons Nebula...but not making any money yet...hmm. Holding off on the plot for now until I can afford an upgraded Nova. Not a lot I can do in a Disco!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”