RA`s mod 0.9 (Beta Version avaible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 21. Mar 05, 18:16

keep checking on here to see if this mod is finished

Sindwiller [ITF]

Post by Sindwiller [ITF] » Wed, 23. Mar 05, 19:44

me ether, im waiting for the new Pirate Ships, to add to my Mod as "Independent Ships".

I have shoot some Screenshots of the Pre-Pre-Alpha of my Mod. Check it out: (ok, jet, not some new Ships...) And its on German

:D

http://www.egosoft.de/x2/forum/viewtopi ... 6b2161a8e3

mfg, Sindwiller
Deutsches X3-Modding Wiki und Forum
#dev-kammer auf irc.gamesurge.net

mega|Doc
x4

Post by mega|Doc » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 07:25

@sindwiller
You should translate your description and not making advertising in strange threads. So that our friends also can understand it. :)
"Das Weltall ist ein Kreis, dessen Mittelpunkt überall, dessen Umfang nirgends ist."
Blaise Pascal (19.06.1623 - 19.08.1662)

Sindwiller [ITF]

Post by Sindwiller [ITF] » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 12:09

mega|Doc wrote:@sindwiller
You should translate your description and not making advertising in strange threads. So that our friends also can understand it. :)
Ok, Mega Doc, im working on it ;) . So that our Friends can understand it...

mfg, Sindwiller
Deutsches X3-Modding Wiki und Forum
#dev-kammer auf irc.gamesurge.net

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 00:26

Good News. ;)

today I recieved setup scripts from AKM, Mod scripter, - we want to test them before publishing new beta.
I also want to make some optimizations in my models of x-shuttle and warbird. its almost done....tomorrow I want to host new beta version of mod for downloading if all testing pass ok. in this beta will be:

1)renewing of all ships in univers (their count is about 18000!!!) - to new characteristics of hull\shields\weapons.
2)npcs ship will use unstandart weapon loadout based on game difficulty level. on level hard+ - they will use variants with PSGs, ID...in missions - MDs :D, on easy - only standart, on normal - 25% will use more powerfull loadout.
3)npcs ships will have more upgrade - based on dificulty level. ~100% cargo upgrade on all game dificulty levels. engine and rudder optimizations - in extreme 90-110% :)...
4)strenghted Khaak, Xenons and Pirates - Khaak agression level will be increased with game time since defeating of Presidents End sector - from normally 20% (in original game) - for 100%. counts of invasion forces will be multiplied for 3 + Khaak M1\M2 will be added to this invasion - in hard+ game difficulty ;)...after destroing of Khaak M0 - this parameter will be lowered back to 20% percent.
Pirates will use M6s in their patrols and attacks :)...
Xenons count will be also increased.

Yesterday I send to balogt a version of english ships decriptions xml - 44100.xml - to correct my poor english and mystakes of programm-translator. Today I send same text to another men, who`s send me a mail at morning. If I`ll reciev corrected versions untill tomorrows evening - I`ll unclude it in mod beta-version. If not - this corrected texts will be hosted afterwards. I also want to include same xml with 44100 - but named with 49100 for german version. there will be an english text, until I dont have already corrected english version to send to german translator :)...I hope, german xml will apear after tommorow.

ps. just couple of minutes ago - I test renewing part of mod. working fine.... nice to see npc Mercury, equiped with 100% cargo and engine upgrades and APSG in turret :).......and Pirate Ships with full upgrades and weapon loadout: hept+psg also can make you adrenalin boost :)....

pps.now I went to test khaaks\pirates\xenons strength :)....

ppps. unfortunately, Economic scripts still not ready :/....but they will be soon :)...
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 21:48

Hi All!

I am late for one day because there was a bugs in scripts....but now they are fixed.

Now we need a beta-testers - to try mod and report to us all the bugs, that they are seen in game started with modification.

But I must warn you!

if you want to try this mod - be sure that you have enought knowedge to be a beta-tester. ;)

If you have only basical skills - do not try this beta-version and keep waithing for final release of MOD.0.9

If you are ready to be a beta-tester

instructions:

1)download a beta5 from here:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta5.part01.rar
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta5.part02.rar
totaly it is 1.8Mb size - all files are unpacked version, so you must have an unpacked game or can pack mod by yourself or wait a little until we host packed version.

2) backup scripts
!init.ship.globalscriptmap.std.pck and !ship.rebuild.action.pck. from your directory \scripts, because mod scripts will replace them.

3) try it :)...
start a new game or load your previous save - anyway npcs ships will be updated to new parameters.

warnings:
1) if you load an old savegame - please before installing mod - fly to sector where NO big warf - otherwise ships renewning can take about 8 hours. If you are in sector where no big warf - renewning will take about 30 game minutes. you can speed it up by activate SETA10X ;). save a game when you are in ship, hull parametr of which doesnt changed - argon m5 for example. it is for updating you bigships hull. after it - place a MOD scripts in your game and load the savegame. wait until recieve message that ships renewning is complete. save game and aferward use only this save.
and of course, I reccomend you to backup your saves before :)

2)when start new game - be caferfull with first take off from Argon-1 - because it has a long tail now and can destroy you. so get ready to fly in up direction. Colossus model will be restyled in next versions.

3)also be carefull with new osprey. it has a bug - when ships undock from them - they fly in down direction - this is how game engine work. Other M6s have this docking points on down side, but osprey - on up side. I`ll fix in next version. Maybe by returning original osprey model.

all bugreports please send to lord_of_silence@mail.ru
good luck in space :)...

Don Greg
x2

Post by Don Greg » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 23:11

Downloading now, if I find any bugs i will report them for squashing. :D

(I presume the old version should be deleted?)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 23:59

like the new Argon Carrier but did you forget to include the SuperNova and Aurora?

**EDIT**

Found Aurora engine trails have been fixed :D got to say I love the Argon M4 Phantom transparent wings look so cool!

I use a ship spawning program to test out mods and for some reason it would not accept the tships from mod :? fixed that but alas still no Supernova :roll:

**EDIT**
Found the SuperNova but it looks to odd with those extended nacelle's so I shall give it a miss :shock:
Last edited by TSM on Sun, 27. Mar 05, 17:07, edited 2 times in total.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Raivein
x2

Post by Raivein » Sun, 27. Mar 05, 06:54

I'm translating the text for the Argon Supernova and Aurora now. I only got it today, so those ships might be delayed until I get them to Amon Ray.

I also have the
  • Split T-Rex
    Split Lynx
    Paranid Ikar
    Paranid Achilles
    Boron Hammerfish
    Boron Swordfish
    Teladi Warbird
    Teladi Penguin
    Pirate Drakkar
    Argon Phantom
I should have these completed in one or two days at most, I think.
Love ya all; Word.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:56

I recommend to all - to redownload archieves. There is some important updates.

I recieved translations from both english translators.
added:
here was the link - but I removed it, because this new language xmls are included in renewed archieves.

I bring my gratefull thanks to Balogm and Alan Chu - for translation :)
nice work!

The packed version is avaible for downloading:
ADDED: corrected version uploaded there. you can try it ;)
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta5.part01.rar
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta5.part02.rar

it is 2.6 Mb totally - there is 4 variants in \mods - for different levels of game difficulty. you can select it in mod package menu. - this will gave you an ability to change it ;)...
warnings
1)there is still readme file only on russian laguage. but AKM is working on it, and in next release there will be an english text.

for unpacked version
Some scripts update already included in packed version:

http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09_update_to_beta5.rar
~100kb
this is only script part. it must work properly with version beta4 - but ship models will not take changes.

instructions:
1) turn back the original scripts !init.ship.globalscriptmap.std.pck and !ship.rebuild.action.pck. to your directory \scripts ;) - delete from there !init.ship.globalscriptmap.std.xml and !ship.rebuild.action.xml - mod scripts.
2)copy all files from downloaded archive - to rigth directories.
3)you can select game difficulty from start screen - like in packed version.
4)for this version you can use new \t xmls.
ADDED:
5)delete mod.set.game.difficulty.xml from \scripts direcory if you have this script there.

please dont forget all the warnings from previous my post.

some new warnings
1) If you are using AEGIS script - dont be so amazed about holdings in npcs cargobay ;).
2) Until renewning of ships is in progress - AL-plugins may be not avaible in shift-o menu. after process is completed - they must turns back.

PS. If you find some bugs\mystakes - send me a mail!
Last edited by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) on Tue, 29. Mar 05, 12:45, edited 3 times in total.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 04:09

2 Don Greg - yes, previous version must be deleted. good luck in space ;)

2 TycoonSpaceMan - I want to edit the new supernova. to much polygon count - I can make a cool model without so big counts of verts and faces ;)...I`ll start this work as fast, as I finished editing the Osprey.

khm....good news, that I forgot: yeasterday I finshed editing of new Colossus. it is now looks cooler and more detalized, but still near a 4K polygons count and no slowdowning animation - this migth easier a big battles for your computers ;)

Don Greg
x2

Post by Don Greg » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 14:44

Hmm, there are some conflicts with the t files, I will make back ups for now and see what is causing it, but I have a feeling this explains the fact I can apparently buy Thalons Flagship and X-Trans in the Argon prime wharf. I must admit I have no experience dealing with these things, is there anyway to get around this problem?

Oh yes, and it seems that this mod was incompatible with my old save games, but worked in new ones. But then again I use a glut of mods so it is not suprising I would eventually find an incompatible combination.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 18:04

heres a piccy of the new collosus
[ external image ]
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 07:19

2 Don Greg - our mod incompatible with any mods that adds\replaces ships or changes their characteristics. and savegames made with those mods - will not be combatible.

2 TycoonSpaceMan - this pic is out-of-date :D . I already restyled this ship - version with new design avaible at the same link as previous.

2 All

There is some changes in archieves - redownload mod please to avoid some bugs...
and do not use for newly downloaded files lanuage xmls from archieve "latest t", because they are included with some changes in full mod archieves.

in this new corrected release of beta5 are included new colossus and a little changed argon fighters cabin.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 08:47

2 All

As I find - there is a trouble with xenon figters - wrong definition in TShips.

Do not download mod until I`ll host a fixed version!!!

the old one
x3tc

Beta mod

Post by the old one » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 09:01

Idid a frsh install of the game installed the mod but it drops me back to windows after a few minutes play any ideas The old one :o
only steam i want is out of a kettle

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 09:13

Which version of mod do you use - packed or unpacked?

unpacked version is easier to edit - if you know how to ;)

there was a problem in latest archieves. The bugs was not in scripts or models, but on the stage of combining all the stuff together...hmmm....human factor :ooops: .I think this why your game crashes. now we removed files from host and want to correct all mystakes and host again a good version.

for all, who download a mod already:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/TShips.rar

here is the corrected TShips file for \types directory (but the string for Colossus - for newest version of it. so be caferfull, maybe you`ll ned to replace only xenon figthers strings and dont touch other stuff ;)...). If you actually dont know how to make a corrections by yorself - please, just delete mod and wait a little until we`ll host a corrected archieves.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 12:56

2 All -
corrected version uploaded on host and avaible from links in previous post.

I recommend you to completely uninstall previous version - remove all RA`s mod files from \scripts before redownload new archieve and install it.
I mean: Install beta5 on game, that clean of previous 0.9 betaversions files.

If your game crashes when process of renewning ships is in progress - please, send me a log09333.txt - it is in game directory.

PS. yep, thats why it is called Beta-version ;)

akm
x2

Post by akm » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 18:36

Yep. If anyone has the game crashed or frozen during the update of ships, just PM me the content of log09333.txt created just before the crash (or email it to me or Amon RAy) and specify what CPU you have.
If you have any problems/suggestions with scripts, I recommend to PM/email me (or just post here) since I have developed most of the scripts of beta 5 of this mod.
I'm going to regularly visit the forum and support this mod in nearest future.

Well I didn't expect Amon RAy had beta 5 already posted here :)
Sorry for troubles and absence of English readme. It will be ready likely tomorrow.

Anyone who did not try beta 5 yet (or who tried the packed version of beta5), to properly install it you'll only need to remove all the scripts of the previous version of the mod and extract the content of two following archives to the main X2 folder:
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta5.part01.rar (1.3Mb)
http://x-2.spb.ru/files/RA_mod/09beta5.part02.rar (1.3Mb)
If you are not sure what scripts you need to remove, make sure the following scripts are not present in X2 scripts folder:
al.plugin.RA.galaxyliners.xml
mod.set.game.difficulty.xml
setup.plugin.RA.addships.xml

Nothing else is required! But it would be good idea to restore the original game version 1.4 prior the installation of beta 5.
It will allow you to play this mod and the original game simultaneously without the need to do any manipulations with files. It would be also possible to play another mod if it is properly packed too.
The trick is just to select the desired mod package (or original game) from start menu of X2.
However, in this mod it is only possible to use the saves made in either older versions of this mod or in original game. This compatibility is of course within limitations of X2 game engine, i.e. we do whatever we can but it'll never be 100% ;) Thus beginning of a new game is advised. Well, I would recommend to wait for a final release of 0.9 and start a new game then ;)

Starting from 0.9 beta 5, absolutely all modified ships in X-Universe will be updated including hull, speed upgrades, weapons and everything else ;) The update is clever and will be carried out only with types of ships changed by mod. However, there are about 17000 ships in original game and the update itself is very resource hungry. Thus I do not recommend having some heavy combat until the update is over (it'll be reported in log).

There are 2 kinds of update of NPC ships:
1. Update of weapons and upgrades only. Happens every time you change the mod difficulty level (by selecting different mod package) or when you start a new game or when we decide to change some game balance. This update is fast and will take about 5 minutes (real minutes, not in game) if you have a modern CPU. SETA will actually slow down the update a bit.

2. Update of all modded ships (their hull) + update of weapons and upgrades. This one will happen only if you install mod 0.9 beta 5 or newer and load the save made in original game or older version of the mod. This update will kill/wait for respawn/reequip/teleport to old position and with old task any ship that had its hull changed. This update is likely take 50 in-game minutes due to the slow respawn of NPC big ships. SETA x10 will help to make it 5 real minutes ;) And please leave the sector that have a big shipyard or else the update will take many hours due big shipyards don't want to spawn big ships in player presence in the sector :(

The game difficulty of the mod that you choose by selecting certain mod package is no way connected with game difficulty in menu where you start a new game. Our game difficulty we introduce in the mod will do A LOT to the game. Not only NPC ships will be upgraded and equipped in quite a different manner but they'll behave more aggressively, intelligent and will move in a greater force in higher difficulty levels. X-Treme will be the hell and dedicated to true hardcore players! That's the promise ;)

P.S. I have not tested the beta 5 with any additional to standart 1.4 scripts (even signed).

akm
x2

Post by akm » Thu, 31. Mar 05, 21:07

The mod is updated to beta 5a. Links are in post above.
Many minor bugs were fixed, hopefully some of them were those crashing the game.
The AI of NPC ships was improved regarding the usege of missiles.
Now it will not be possible to stay on their tail very long :mrgreen:

English readme is included as well as some details about difference between
mod-packages (difficulty levels) and how NPC ships are upgraded.

Beware of NPC missiles on hard and extreme! :mrgreen:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”