Problem with RAiders Ship Rebalance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

krapduude
x4

Problem with RAiders Ship Rebalance

Post by krapduude » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 08:42

I tried this mod but now I can't remove without getting any strange errors. When i go to a Argon Wharf after removing the mod I get these annyoing "Readtext bla bla" lines. I guess it is from the mods ships that used to be there. How can I clear my savegame from the mod?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 16:17

Because savegames save the data used, which includes states of ships, states of stations, and states of any and all objects in your game universe... it saves the states of things you have added to it. In short, you CAN'T remove something from a save game, once you have saved it. To remove a mod from your game, you have to 'Revert to a Previous Save' AKA a save from BEFORE you made that mod part of your game.

That should be in the readme.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 23:54

It's pretty easy to produce a script to "walk" the galaxy map, and remove unwanted wares & ships. Since I do a fair bit of modding, I long ago had to create a general "clean-up" script.

How many "readtext" messages are we talking about here? If it's only a dozen or so, I could update my clean-up script to remove them...and send it to you.

Unfortunately, I will be on the road the rest of the week, and couldn't do anything until this weekend.

Maybe someone else will take pity on you, and do it sooner...or you could just go back to the last savegame before you installed the mod.,

krapduude
x4

Post by krapduude » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 08:12

The problem is that I have no earlier savegame..... also it didn't say anything in the readme about not being able to remove the mod afterwards. But isn't there any script to just restore the game to it's original state?

krapduude
x4

Post by krapduude » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 13:26

If there isn't any script to restore the savegame I have to start all over...... Possibly I could use a script to get myself some credits in the beginnning then it would not take to long. Know any??

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 16:29

Possibly I could use a script to get myself some credits ...
There are many "money" scripts...here is a link to one:
http://www.hrh1000.com/x2/zips/x2.bank.robber.v1.zip
http://www.hrh1000.com/x2/zips/babyface ... now.v1.zip

You can find lots of these types of scripts in the various scripting archives. See the Scripting & Modding thread that is "stickied: at the top of this forum. There are links to a number of sites.

krapduude
x4

Post by krapduude » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 10:10

Ok thanks.... when thinking about it restarting is not so much trouble... gives me a chance to try things another way. But the next time I am installing a mod I'll make backups of my savegame. You always learn from your mistakes.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 22:01

Hi All!

as it was said, any ships\goods can be removed from selling on any station in game.

In 0.9 version I`ll include script, that will make a completely cleaning the game of my mod, with full update all characteristics to the original game....
and also with this script possible to completely update save with orginal game balance to my mod :)

user can enable\disable my mod in start menu, run game with this UpdateScript in \scripts directory and save game after script ends his work.
so your savegames will not be "lost in space" :)...
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 23:33

there is a money script standart in the script editor
it can also give you a ship

krapduude
x4

Post by krapduude » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 15:21

It would be good if all scripters made a cleanup script. It should not be very hard for them, since they (hopefully) know what code is in the script. A great idea Amon Ray, I liked the mod i just thought it felt to strange buying Xenon ships in an Argon Shipyard.

Amon RAy (RAider.EG)
x2

Post by Amon RAy (RAider.EG) » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 18:33

krapduude wrote:I liked the mod i just thought it felt to strange buying Xenon ships in an Argon Shipyard.
It`s because all versions under 1.0 was and will be beta-versions :)...
in 0.9 version I am planed to put all new ships to places where they are designed for :)...

and in 1.0....everithing(scripts, ships, balance) will be in rigth places :)
Sed tamen potest esse totaliter aliter.(Lat.)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”