Download RAiders Ship mod V 8.1 here ***UPDATED 9-11***

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 19:19

bladeuk wrote:Hi shadowtek plz tell raider the new ships are absolutly amazing i love the new argon arora, but also ive found a bug...when i loaded a game all
M1/2's in the universe only have 41% hull strength , thats my ships and AI ships, dont know if this has only happened to me and if i was suppost to start a new game or something...im not bothered though as its well worth the trek to the nearest shipyard to get repaired!!!

Thanks again for such a good mod!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi bladeuk

If you load an old game the already created ships will have the original hull strengths. The new mod beefed up all the hull strengths of the cap ships but only newly created ones will show this.
Hope this helps.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 02:37

Ahhh cheers!

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 20:23

:D I did have a CTD and random reset after installing this mod turns out it was a clash with and old mod i did not use so binned it, I have checked the mod against Xaicorp scripts and Ego signed ones and it runs fine, the new argon m3/corvette is awesome in a squadron there is not much that can beat it! , tip about the galaxy make sure it is well in a system before asking it to leave by same gate as its bit big for a quick turn :lol:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 00:32

TycoonSpaceMan wrote::D I did have a CTD and random reset after installing this mod turns out it was a clash with and old mod i did not use so binned it, I have checked the mod against Xaicorp scripts and Ego signed ones and it runs fine, the new argon m3/corvette is awesome in a squadron there is not much that can beat it! , tip about the galaxy make sure it is well in a system before asking it to leave by same gate as its bit big for a quick turn :lol:
Started CTD's again as soon as I go into command console on anyship but as soon as I go back to a before raiders mod save game runs fine, so It's erase mod from my x2 directory and play game as normal was fun whilst it lasted but it's to much like hardwork!
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 01:53

Hi everyone, RAider is now a active member over on my forums, The Thread on his mods is now his, if you have any questions on his mod you can now ask him directly :D
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 02:08

Updated....

asyikarea51
x4

Post by asyikarea51 » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 11:34

Well ShadowTek, that defeats my purpose one you combine both mods :) Are there any blank ship slots left over even after running this?

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 12. Sep 04, 17:56

Dont know yet, most of RA's modifications are to existing ships, but unfortunatly theres not many usable blank spots to begin with. I really hope that Egosoft corrects this in there add-on!!

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 15. Sep 04, 00:23

The Galaxy Class Liner is so nice. 8) Well done.

www.inversmall.dsl.pipex.com\x2screen65.jpg

Does anyone know how to script in some AI so that NPC ones fly from Shipyard to shipyard throughout the galaxy?

StarChaser
x3

Post by StarChaser » Wed, 15. Sep 04, 03:38

Can someone explain the "lasers rebalance" part of (RA_rebalance081m).
Doesn't it mean that Raider enhanced the PPC's to make them more deadly? Or does it refer to more than just PPCs?

Thanks

uiuiuiui
x2

Post by uiuiuiui » Wed, 15. Sep 04, 10:23

i will post this in the shadowtek forum later...
am i the only one who hasproblems with that mod?

when i try to run it, all ships are only available at argon prime and their names are missing its: readtext blabla and so on...

how can i fix this?

khabal
x3

Post by khabal » Wed, 15. Sep 04, 21:10

The fact that they are available only at the Argon Shipyard in Argon Prime is not an error. This mod is still in the beta form so the new ships haven't been distributed around the universe yet.

Andypocalypse
x4

Post by Andypocalypse » Fri, 17. Sep 04, 11:25

the teladi war bird wont un-dock from some stations but other than that :D MINT !!!!! :D
Andypocalypse

akm
x2

Post by akm » Sun, 19. Sep 04, 17:00

uiuiuiui wrote:am i the only one who hasproblems with that mod?

when i try to run it, all ships are only available at argon prime and their names are missing its: readtext blabla and so on...

how can i fix this?
Problem with readtext appears when the game can not find localisation files in folder T. There are only english and russian available in the mod at the moment. What language of X2 do you have?
Halconnen wrote:Would it be possible to add language files fr the other languages as well? It's no problem if it's the English one, but some file should be in there.
I added a German language file myself by unpacking, re-naming the 44****.pck/.xml and re-packing the mod, but I think not every German/French/whatever would like to do that by himself, methinks.
This will be done.
But it would be a grate deal if someone can actually translate english text 440100.xml to German/French/whatever, i.e. make a proper 490100.xml, 330100.xml, etc.
khabal wrote:The fact that they are available only at the Argon Shipyard in Argon Prime is not an error. This mod is still in the beta form so the new ships haven't been distributed around the universe yet.
That's true. Some ships are actually too sweet to put them for sale :P We (me, RAider and a few other scripters) are making a number of missions for those ships considering them as a great prize to a player for successful completion of some complex mission/set of missions ;)
asyikarea51 wrote:Well ShadowTek, that defeats my purpose one you combine both mods :) Are there any blank ship slots left over even after running this?
I'm afraid there are not :( RAider has already run out of available positions. And he has some ideas to add few nice M6s too... but no space even for them :(
I did some experiments with adding extra strings to TShips. The game can see the ship added this way, in a script I can retrieve all the data of this new ship. But when I try to create this ship somewhere in sector, nothing happens :( It must be something else in game engine that perform some odd check that prevents adding new ships :evil:
We'll need to contact Egosof on this matter but I'm afraid the situation is not going to change until next patch or addon :(
StarChaser wrote:Can someone explain the "lasers rebalance" part of (RA_rebalance081m).
Doesn't it mean that Raider enhanced the PPC's to make them more deadly? Or does it refer to more than just PPCs?
PPCs are the ones that haven't been changed :)
Most others have ;)
Here is the table of specifications of all the guns in RA_rebalance081.
Most of guns have gained their refire rate and speed of their hits (charges). Now some classes of guns (PAC, IRE) become more suitable for shooting at small fast targets, while the other classes (HEPT, PPC) are good only against heavy ships. There are no more outsiders like APAC (it was weaker then GIRE). The energy consumption has also ben changed making the performance of ship generator is really important factor. For examle you can benefit from installation of GPACs on Nova since they use significantly less power then HEPT and they're more precise now (their hits flies 140% faster now).

uiuiuiui
x2

Post by uiuiuiui » Sun, 19. Sep 04, 22:20

i use the german version of the game.

if you need somebody to translate xml files from english to german, i can do it.

akm
x2

Post by akm » Mon, 20. Sep 04, 00:17

uiuiuiui wrote:when i try to run it, all ships are only available at argon prime and their names are missing its: readtext blabla and so on...

how can i fix this?
For all pilots who use the german version of the game.
To fix the problem with missing ship names you'll need to save this file in folder "\T" located in the main folder of the game. That's all ;)
uiuiuiui wrote:if you need somebody to translate xml files from english to german, i can do it.
That would be really wonderful!
Besides the file I just gave you the link to contains all the texts in the mod. There are only names of ships and their historical discription at the moment. I've just checked ship descriptions and was shocked how bad the english there :( It was obviously translated by some automatic tools. I've started to fix it. But there's lots of text and I only did the description of T-Rex tonight.
I will submit the fixed english localization file as soon as I finish it and it would be really great if you can make a german version of it. Then we will be happy to include it in the next version of the mod alongside with you name in readme as a localizer :)

uiuiuiui
x2

Post by uiuiuiui » Mon, 20. Sep 04, 20:29

ok i will look into it, and start translating.
the problem is that if the english is bad, it might happen that i translate shit into german...

if i have any questions i will ask

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Mon, 20. Sep 04, 21:05

@ uiuiuiui: Heh, I already volunteered to do the translation into German. Besides, I think that my English is pretty good. I'll doubt I'd make bigger mistakes when translating. But actually I planned on waiting with the translation, until not much more text is going to be added anymore.

I talked to RAider, and I told him that I think it would be better if I'd do a complete translation at once. As it is at the moment, new text is being added with each new version of the mod and if I translated the newest version and sent the text to RA, we would be sitting here with a half translated version, as I got no access to the new texts until the new version is released.

On the other side, I'd be happy if one of the mods developers would send me the texts beforehand, so the translated .xml will be integrated with the new release. But thats not up to me =/. Well... we'll see, won't we?

akm
x2

Post by akm » Tue, 21. Sep 04, 00:26

Thank you both guys!!!
Me or RAider will contact you as soon as we have the text for next 0.9 release. First we need to make good russian->english translation.
On the other side, I'd be happy if one of the mods developers would send me the texts beforehand, so the translated .xml will be integrated with the new release.
This is the very idea ;)
It would be better for everyone. And it doesn't imply it may delay the release. Text is the easiest part of modding so it's likely it will be ready before the rest of the mod.

uiuiuiui
x2

Post by uiuiuiui » Tue, 21. Sep 04, 10:28

gut dann spar ich mir arbeit, hab eh genug übersetzungen zu erledigen.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”