BETA Release - Factory Loop Delivery Software - v0.12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nazgutek
x3tc

Post by Nazgutek » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 11:52

Well, I've finally got some time and have been investigating the issues raised with FLDS:

1) Critical Section and those 1ms Waits

Talk about going brain dead. Reviewed the MSCI manual for more information on task switching, and noticed something that I missed previously:

Wait instructions will always wait at a minimum for one display frame.

So, to get around this, but to preserve the 'good behaviour' of numerous interrupt points, I'll look into changing the waits to calling an empty script. This should stop the critical section of FLDS taking up tens, or even hundreds, of actual display frames.

2) Route priority and low volume factories

One issue I realised is that low volume factories (eg, weapon fabs that stock a maximum of 2 products) will be classified as critical until they start production, and then stay critical until they hit enough resources for a second production run. The net effect is to suck up the necessary wares, possibly deadlocking the factory loop. So I'm thinking of removing that piece of logic, and defaulting the meaning of 'critical' to be a stock of 5% or lower. That way, the loop will build up wares evenly, ensuring that the GPPC fab doesn't suck up wares that are needed to keep the loop running and building up stocks.

3) Route priority and multiple ware sources

As far as I can see, the simplest way to accomodate multiple sources is to add (source ware amount * 100 / source ware maximum) to a routes priority. That should be enough to tip the favour to full factories for sourcing a ware without tripping up the priority system.

4) Route priority in general

Overall, I'm still not happy with the route selection algorithm, so I'll be investigating things further, except that...

5) X3

X3 is just around the corner, my copy should hopefully arrive in a timely manner from Egosoft. Because there's a massive chance X2 will be sidelined, FLDS for X2 will most likely stop being improved very soon. But I'll try to get the above changes implemented and tested.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 23:21

@Nazgutek:
Is the link on the first page of this trhread pointing to the up-to date version of the mod, or the mod should be D/L ed from the other site (Deadly Da's)?

Thanks, lookin forward to use that script in my many closed loops. :thumb_up:

C.

Nazgutek
x3tc

Post by Nazgutek » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 00:37

The link in the first post is of the latest version I've released. Also available is Aye Capt's version, which might serve you better, but the link for that is somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Both versions work, my original one maybe not as well as AC's version.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 02:30

Nazgutek wrote:The link in the first post is of the latest version I've released. Also available is Aye Capt's version, which might serve you better, but the link for that is somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Both versions work, my original one maybe not as well as AC's version.
Ok, since i have nothing better to do (waiting for my Rig to be upbdated, and X3 to be properly patched and de-bugged), i am fiddling with X2.
Just installed your FSDS script, and started to use it. My test sector will be Elena's Fortune where i have 7 (so far, expanding) closed full crystal loops, no other factories, nothing gets sold, just crystals got picked up from neighboring sectors SPP's (O. treaty, P.End,Farnham L, Bala Gi etc).

I started like this:

[ external image ].

(The acronym 'SSP' instead of 'SPP' is pure for fun, since in the old days many people mispelled Solar Power Plant just like that, lol )

The "Hub" is the Crystal fab on the bottom. I over-linked more than 1 each factory to avoid any possible shortcomings of wares). Will see..
Alas, i also got the 'Unknown command' TEXT, but Bitchin' Betty yells the right messages ('New command', 'Command Accepted', 'Removed' etc).
So, no big deal, that.
Looks like it works with me. SO far only 2 ships working, but will be 8 in all, one for each Crystal fab, and one special linked to all 7 fabs with all 3 closed SPP's. Looks really great how those poor FLDS Caimans are overwhelmed with work!!!

Cya.

C.
Last edited by CHAZZ on Sat, 5. Nov 05, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 00:48

Implementing the script in most of my sectors. so far so good. one 'problem': i seem not to be able to make it work on multiple sectors, like when most of the 'loop' is in one sector, and say, the silicon mine is 2 jumps away, the ship sends the correct message with all the linked-to-the-hub fabs ok, but it just sits mid-space doing nothing. Working as intended? Not much of a hassle, i can use the improved SDS script, but still..

Thanks,
C.

kriscorrie

Post by kriscorrie » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:09

does anyone per chance have the Aye Capns updated FLDS script?

the one within this thread appears to be incomplete.

thanks

kristofer

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 23:36

I too tried to download it from the link buried way behind, but the .zip file contains just some 18k file, not the complete script. Maybe that file should replace one of the 'regular' script files?? No clue. :(

C.

<EDIT>

No, the one file is dealing with Station Orientation.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 20:24

Arg!!

I too ran into the 'brain-dead' situation with FLDS when ALL my FLDS ships are gone on strike. Have about 20 of them, and right now, none is working anymore. Yellow flashes everywhere :shock:

I am using the 'original' script from Nazgutek, couldnt find the Aye Cap'n one, since the link for that script points to some useless (to me) mini-script, instead of FLDS.

I think i remember one guy saying he stopped all his FLDS ships and restarted them anew. Will try that, but it will be a pain in the behind. Cant remember all the fabs that are using them, grr..

Im angry, but ill be fine soon :wink:

P.S. I know everyone is embarking on X3 now, but X2 has still much to offer, at least to me.

C.

RandomCucumber
x2

Post by RandomCucumber » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 08:02

i cant seem to get mine working i have done everything it says a i should do like make the transports homebase the hub station, i have linked all the stations and i get a message saying where and wat it is going to do but it still just sits there ne help?

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 16:31

BlueSwede wrote:The "instructions" are lacking somwhat...
It took me some time to get the hang of it too.
I did the following:
Open the fab you want to use as a hub, choose Command console
Coose FLDS Link station, and choose the station you want to link
continue with all other stations you want to link

Then set the hub's ship(s) to FLDS...
Not really difficult, when you know what to do...
Perhaps someone could help me out here?

I've DLd the zip file and copied the scripts and t's into the game's coresponding folders.

Now, I've selected my Powerplant, which is the station I want to use as my Hub, and the command console gives the following choices:

1 None
2 Auto money transfer to player account
3 SMS Mini/Standard
4 SMS Delux

That's all.

FLDS isn't listed. Can anyone tell me why?

Is it software I need to purchase from a station somewhere? And if so, which station(s) can it be bought at?

mystikmind2005
x2

dousn't work

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 08:54

I refer to the first step after installing it.... type "thereshallbewings" in space with no menus up to activate it. That does not work, you do not say how to do that so that it works? shortcut keys activate while typing... so do i deactivate shortcut keys or what?

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 00:48

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I've been very busy and haven't even plugged in the joystick in almost a year, and I didn't realize people were having problems getting my FLDS modifications working.

The place to get it is here (DeadlyDa is still hosting it):
http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... cement.rar

Here is the procedure for installing FLDS+LB:
Install vanilla FLDS.
Download my files from the above link.
Delete any files that don't have "FLDS" in their names
Copy the remaining files to the "scripts" directory, overwriting the original FLDS files.

The specific files you must copy are:

plugin.FLDS.Ship.Main.xml
plugin.FLDS.Ship.Start.xml
plugin.FLDS.Ship.Command.Monitor.xml
setup.plugin.FLDS.xml

The files you may DELETE because they're not part of FLDS:

StationOrientation.xml
setup.StationOrientation.xml
AyeCapn-Readme.txt
446392.xml

Remember, you have to install the original FLDS first for my modifications to work.

Does anyone even care anymore now that X3 is out? I haven't gamed in so long ... X2 must seem like Pac Man to the rest of you ...

Warrior of the Universe
x3

Can't find that command key in a factory

Post by Warrior of the Universe » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 14:20

Have installed this plug-in but I can't see the key or command in the factory to chose a hubstation.
I''ll be back

My specs: PC Van Hout!!!, Saitek Cyborg gaming keyboard and Logitech G5 Lasermouse, G25 Steering Wheel. Saltek Yoke control system, Samsung 275T TFT 27".

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 05:44

As I recall the "hub station" is whichever station you run the command from.

Warrior of the Universe
x3

Script editor

Post by Warrior of the Universe » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 11:35

Okay but do you need to use the script editor to fill in the commads in that station? I even don't know how to do this I'm a hardware freak but software is not for me. Sorry guys.
I''ll be back

My specs: PC Van Hout!!!, Saitek Cyborg gaming keyboard and Logitech G5 Lasermouse, G25 Steering Wheel. Saltek Yoke control system, Samsung 275T TFT 27".

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 20:38

You definitely don't need to use the script editor to run FLDS.

There's an interface in the station controls where you can run commands. I do know that the command "disappears" after you run it: FLDS doesn't run on the station, it just keeps its list of linked stations there.

Add a ship to your linked stations by basing it at the "hub station" then running the ship's "FLDS" command. The ship then picks the best routes and starts flying them.

1st4ck

Post by 1st4ck » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 01:55

Hi guys i didn't readed all the posts and still didn't installed this script, but from what i read it will be great as i like making loops the only thing is that i prefer Complex it is faster and great the only problem My SPP complex have is that if i make the complex it will put energry as intermidiate recoures so i can't tell ships to sell it. So i made a Cristal complex and make a SPP apart from it.
The problem i am having is with the money from complex to SPP also i can't make my ships only use my own factories and not the race factorys.
i am pretty sure the will solve all my problems.

I juat wanted to know if there is a sript to replace ships automaticly. (for a price of course i am willing to pay for the ships and if it is done with the right way better)

Example i have 1 ship and it have XXX installed softwares.
the ship is destrowed them
the home factory buy another from the closer shipward and send the ship to buy all the softwares and when done put the ship doing the same as the old ship and send a message to me telling the cost of this.

If anyone know something about this plz reply to me.

thx for the script

PS: i forgot this script was for X2, i am playing X3 is there a version for the X3??? BTW the script is not working :(

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 09:00

1st4ck wrote:PS: i forgot this script was for X2, i am playing X3 is there a version for the X3??? BTW the script is not working :(
You should look from the X3 S&M forum then, and not from X2 S&M forum. :sceptic: Or settle for Commodity Logistics from the X3 Bonuspack.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Yellow Melos
x3

Post by Yellow Melos » Mon, 9. May 11, 16:38

I have been playing X2 on and office since it;s release and have only just come across this script..

i would like to say it is excellent and has really helped me out... i cannot believe i messed about manually doing stuff all this time when this here for years !!!

i know the thread is old but .... time to wake it up again..

p.s. still prefer X2 from all the others

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”